Skip to main content

Topic: alliances (Read 2384 times) previous topic - next topic

alliances
@Ub3rgames alliances are the core of political game. Why aren't they taken care of from the game mechanics perspective?

1. Village capture.
VCP capture reward should be shared between participating alliances, just like chaos chests are if you are picking one up while with a group.

2. War declarations / siege mechanic.
Wars should be declared between alliances, not between single clans that are in alliances.

3. Alignment (ally with ARAC or racial enemy).
If your ally is a racial enemy or ARAC - all alliance should be gray. As it's ARAC ally.

4. Some form of political map, or at least list of alliances would be welcome.

5. Also there should be long term consequences (or solid cost maybe?) of allying/de-allying. So you can't just exploit the mechanic and ally/de-ally on the fly when it suits you.

This is basic stuff. Still not implemented. Will this be implemented? And if so when are you planning to do this?
  • Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 11:41:13 am by wildNothing

Re: alliances
Reply #1
I think alliances should be treated exactly like clans are now. So by forming alliance you should pick a name and game should create such entity. And since then:
- it should be placed on the village stone instead of a clan name.
- there should be no way of wardecking member clans, only alliance.
- alignment mechanic should work same as it works now for clans.
- All SGenerals and Generals in member clans from now on should be able to wardeck in the name of ally.
- clan of SG/G initiating the siege indicates who will own the holding if siege is won.

Anyone sees any problems with this? I guess some problems could come up, as the change touches a lot of areas.
For example this is something I am not sure of:
- All SGenerals and Generals in member clans from now on should be able to accept other clans into ally.
But what about kicking a clan from ally?
  • Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 09:45:18 am by wildNothing

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Yeah clan/alliance system from df1 is terrible. It needs to be changed. How? Just check how eve's system works. (Pretty much how WildNothing described here)

Reply #3
Agree on alliances. Should be exactly like Albion online really. Where you pay gold to form an alliance, it has an alliance leader, you name it and then can offer people to join. Everyone in game then can fall into that. So odd where one clan can be alled to multiple clans but those clans can be allied or even at war to someone else! just totally confusing politics. An alliance tag then also shows the true picture.

Would stop so much back and forth on the fly politics and should create a deeper meaner for "allies".

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
I agree. We merged into one clan because of it.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #5
I thought that was to increase siege cost against you 😂
dodgy bastard

Reply #6
I thought that was to increase siege cost against you 😂

prob more to do with meditation/city gates? :D

Even for Nomads, a 28 man clan when I tested it, to siege Tausian (a 200+ man clan) after the changes was only 48k. So that plan don't work anymore.

Reply #7
Agree with all the posts above.

I will even go one step further and say that Alliance should only exists as a work around of not having clan tiered bank!

Alliance system is one of the main contributor of population decline. Alliance system encouraged formation of  too many small independant clans lead by inexperienced players. These clan relied too much on the alliance system to make up for them not being big enough to be sustainable (security, crafting, activity).  Overtime these small clans failed and took the players with them. I wish we had no alliance system and just strong clans.

Reply #8
When we are already at such quality of life changes, get us bank management tools, remote view, search, bags included.

Because right now you have to be incredibly "anal" with banking certain things exactly where they should be, or "bohemian" and pretty much not care what you have and where for the most part.

(just like its done in EVE :)) )

Reply #9
@Ub3rgames vcp capture is super awkward with ally members. Do something ffs.

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
It's on the roadmap though, so you got that going, which is nice

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #11
Agree with all the posts above.

I will even go one step further and say that Alliance should only exists as a work around of not having clan tiered bank!

Alliance system is one of the main contributor of population decline. Alliance system encouraged formation of  too many small independant clans lead by inexperienced players. These clan relied too much on the alliance system to make up for them not being big enough to be sustainable (security, crafting, activity).  Overtime these small clans failed and took the players with them. I wish we had no alliance system and just strong clans.

Many people play in small clans because they play with a group of friends. A small group of 10 or so plays very well, folks know each other and do most things together. Once a clan gets up over about 15 it becomes a very different animal, and requires much more time to administer- and there are a limited number of folks who are willing to do that work.

Increasing the content for smaller clans- such as the recent champion patch, and the upcoming bindstone quest patch- will help these smaller groups have entertaining things to do.

I must say that I think that some of the spawn scaling  nerf for groups needs to be rolled back- not all the way to how it was before, but some to make it worthwhile again to farm in groups.

Reply #12
so many agree wtf jesus Post

+1

Reply #13
Actually remove Alliance system then you achieve exactly the same result without needing to code anything new! The population will never be high enough to justify the need for an Alliance system.
  • Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 01:59:27 pm by lambdaExpression

Reply #14
Actually remove Alliance system then you achieve exactly the same result without needing to code anything new! The population will never be high enough to justify the need for an Alliance system.
Very bad idea, would remove large portion of political game. Nothing stops you from merging now if you want it.

@Ub3rgames will you respond to the thread? Looks like there are quite a lot of people asking for something to be done with alliance system and vcp captures.
  • Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 03:06:33 pm by wildNothing