Skip to main content

Topic: Mages have too much movement/utility without sacrificing damage output (Read 893 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Mages have too much movement/utility without sacrificing damage output
Reply #15
@dariobrun mages can use unburden too.  stop going on like they dont have better movement, you look stupid.

mages NEED better movement.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #16
It's one thing for mages to have better mobility (which they need), but it's a completely other thing how crazy it is when people combine stormblast + explosion.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #17
@dariobrun mages can use unburden too.  stop going on like they dont have better movement, you look stupid.
Lol and please, enlighten me, what does unburden do when you already have 0 magic encumberance? Yeah you got it! NOTHING
Unburden is there exactly to allow people with magic encumberance to lower it and use begone/launch nearly as good as a mage.
In the short term (1/2 cycles of unburden+launch/begone you can move just as good as a mage even if you are at 40-50 encumberance, since that's how much unburden lowers it, more or less so, after an unburden, you're exactly at 0 magic encumberance just like the mage. On a long term chase? sure he will eventually get more out of it because he will not be limited to unburden cooldown which is longer than launch/begone cooldowns).

They don't have too much overall better movements....they can just access them more easily (because they need them as you said) because they don't need to unburden first

If you are in full heavy armor then, yes, you will have less mobility than a mage but you also have a fuckton more protections and hp regen. You can't have both, and that's how it should be
  • Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 03:34:50 pm by dariobrun

Reply #18
Lol and please, enlighten me, what does unburden do when you already have 0 magic encumberance? Yeah you got it! NOTHING
Unburden is there exactly to allow people with magic encumberance to lower it and use begone/launch nearly as good as a mage.
In the short term (1/2 cycles of unburden+launch/begone you can move just as good as a mage even if you are at 40-50 encumberance, since that's how much unburden lowers it, more or less. On a long term chase? sure he will eventually get more out of it because he will not be limited to unburden cooldown which is longer than launch/begone cooldowns)

If you are in full heavy armor then, yes, you will have less mobility than a mage but you also have a fuckton more protections and hp regen. You can't have both, and that's how it should be

It does nothing got it LOL xD

HAHAHA
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #19
It's one thing for mages to have better mobility (which they need), but it's a completely other thing how crazy it is when people combine stormblast + explosion.
I don't know how much more combining then gives you in terms of mobility since i don't have the titles in neither of those schools but....isn't that one of the advantages of titleing in those schools?

Reply #20
It does nothing got it LOL xD
HAHAHA
Yes, exactly...you can't have less than 0 encumberance, you know it right?
And i am the one looking stupid....
Please, show me how better you can begone/launch with a robe with and without unburdening first, i can't wait to see how better it gets...
  • Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 03:38:37 pm by dariobrun

Reply #21
@dariobrun

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Reply #22
Mages have begone+launch+unmissable eyerot+stormblast+multiple knockups, all designed to get out of melee range with cooldowns low enough to permanently cycle through them, all in the same spellschools as the best damage spells

Melees have seize and nothing else, archery is irrelevant when mages can escape whenever they want
Learn to use terrain.

dodgy bastard

Reply #23
@dariobrun
Still waiting your demonstration mr "i know it all"
But i guess i will keep waiting since you can't prove something that is not true

Reply #24
@dariobrun
Still waiting your demonstration mr "i know it all"
But i guess i will keep waiting since you can't prove something that is not true

Prove what to you exactly?
That you are menatlly handi-capped? If you cant use unburden as a mage effectively thats YOUR problem.

Reply #25
That you are menatlly handi-capped? If you cant use unburden as a mage effectively thats YOUR problem.
No prove your bullshit that unburden affects you with 0 encumberance. But you are playing BigAbboDND so maybe in your fantasy world it works....or probably you are just so stupid you think it does.

As usual, the only thing you are good at is randomly insulting (and you suck so much that you can't even write them right either) and spitting out bullshit.... it must suck to be you, i definitely don't envy your parents

Reply #26
No prove your bullshit that unburden affects you with 0 encumberance. But you are playing BigAbboDND so maybe in your fantasy world it works....or probably you are just so stupid you think it does.

As usual, the only thing you are good at is randomly insulting (and you suck so much that you can't even write them right either) and spitting out bullshit.... it must suck to be you, i definitely don't envy your parents

HAHAHA you just jump to presumptions.
I love to let you carry them out first, then maker you look retarded.

1) Where do I state what you are saying please? show me.
2) Get burdened as a mage? Unburden and your gone. Get Burdened as Heavy? Fucked.

Plus many more uses that you obviously havent got the IQ to think of.

Reply #27
1) Where do I state what you are saying please? show me.
I wrote this:
launch cast time is still affected by encumberance and yes the power isnt as much but mages still fly further
Ever heard about unburden? look...it is under cantrips....you have it too....learn to use it instead of crying because you don't use all the tools at your disposal.
We were talking about being able to use begone/launch as efficiently as a mage if you are at 40-50 encumberance by just using unburden, to which you replied:
Clearly you were NOT meaning that a mage using unburden can move even faster too, weren't you? right?
Surely you were not even referring to using unburden to be able to use launch/begone without being affected by encumberance. Nooo, you were talking about what happens if someone first burden you, right?
It's funny how you try to change the sense of your replies everytime you realize you have said bullshit.

2) Get burdened as a mage? Unburden and your gone. Get Burdened as Heavy? Fucked.
Get burdened as a mage? you are fucked up until it goes away (minus the 5-6 seconds that you can be unburdened during those 30+ seconds that you are burdened) because now you do crap dmg and all your secondary effects are useless.
Get burdened as a heavy? Whoa, you will transfer/heal for a bit less while being encumbered and if he tries to bunnyhop away you can't catch him.
Moreover:
1- very few pepole have raw magic title
2- even less people will even try to burden a non mage, when they could have just nuked him or debuffed him with something more useful
3- what does burden have to do with the thread complaining about begone/launch being generally too strong? You can't consider a very specific situation and build you're fighting against (raw magic titled player burdening you) as the base to balance stuff, you know it?
  • Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 05:00:12 pm by dariobrun

Reply #28
We were talking about being able to use begone/launch as efficiently as a mage if you are at 40-50 encumberance by just using unburden

Where does ANYBODY state 40-50 encum on the first page? What mages even have 50 encum wtf?
Talking out your arse as always.

Get burdened as a mage? you are fucked up until it goes away (minus the 5-6 seconds that you can be unburdened during those 30+ seconds that you are burdened) because now you do crap dmg and all your secondary effects are useless.
Get burdened as a heavy? Whoa, you will transfer/heal for a bit less while being encumbered and if he tries to bunnyhop away you can't catch him.
Moreover:
1- very few pepole have raw magic title
2- even less people will even try to burden a non mage, when they could have just nuked him or debuffed him with something more useful
3- what does burden have to do with the thread complaining about begone/launch?

We are talking about movement mage vs non mage......
A mage can cast burden on a heavy, then simply launch begone away. Non-Mage cant launch to catch up. Which you stated they could always could :)

In a group fight if a mage gets burdened, they can unburden and launch/begone away then mount up. You said mages couldnt use unburden to increase movement. Obviously they can.

Please think before you post, you get so mad that you make no sense.

Reply #29
@Big Abbo, master at reading comprehension since 2001!! :D
Where does ANYBODY state 40-50 encum on the first page? What mages even have 50 encum wtf?
Talking out your arse as always.
It is not the mage at 50 encumberance but the "poor melee" that can, then, unburden AND launch/begone as good as a mage (that is instead at 0 encumberance and does not need to unburden)
If you learned to read, and tried to also comprehend (i know, i know, it is soo hard for you, but try, you can improve too) before spitting out useless bullshit replies and then trying to climb on mirrors to cover it, then you could, sometime, even say something that makes sense.

We are talking about movement mage vs non mage......
A mage can cast burden on a heavy, then simply launch begone away. Non-Mage cant launch to catch up. Which you stated they could always could :)

In a group fight if a mage gets burdened, they can unburden and launch/begone away then mount up. You said mages couldnt use unburden to increase movement. Obviously they can.

Please think before you post, you get so mad that you make no sense.
He was saying that melee are fucked when they meet a mage because they can move too fast while he can't. You are now, instead, speaking of a very specific situation when you are fighting against a raw magic specced mage that first burden you...and you don't even see the difference?

I didn't say they can't use unburden to improve their movement. I said they don't need it because they have no encumberance.
Nice try using a specific example where you can put a mage into encumberance and then showing he can use it too...great way to cover your mistake :D

As said earlier, stop trying to climb on mirrors....you are just making yourself even more ridiculous

I suggest you to try a career in politics, you are really good at shuffling the cards when things go bad to try to demonstrate you were saying something completely different....i can see you having a lot of success in that field
  • Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 05:23:03 pm by dariobrun