Skip to main content

Topic: Game Update 2: The Champion system (Read 2913 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Game Update 2: The Champion system
Reply #60
These Title books aren't hard to farm at all (I've got 3 already), which is all well and good now. But down the road some individuals and clans are going to have stacks of them and switching Titles is going to become trivial, which I thought Ub3rgames was against? Consider putting a cool down on their use at the very least so you can't just hit 50 Title in one day.

Oh and one other note on these changes, I believe mobs that used to drop specific skill books no longer do, only comes from Champions now... I could be wrong, but only if RNG was really working against me on this.

Really depends on a few things, where the drop off in points gained is (the 5-1 points per book) ? what happens to your book if you only have 1 combat skill below 50?

You are probably talking almost 40 books to get to 50. Doesn't really sound like a big deal to me, I'm more concerned about the lack of gold sinks in game currently with the addition of another mob dropping treasure maps.

No you're confusing the Title books with skill books, The Combat Title books always give you 5 points, but don't work once you're past 50 in the Title. They will also take you over 50, if you say use them at 49 Title, you'll get 54 after using the book. So it will take exactly 10 Combat Title books to get to 50 from 0.

Reply #61

If your of the opinion as I am that Titles are far too insignificant in creating character specialization and a sense of character permanence/identity then it is a problem.

Kind of but more because I dont believe there are enough layers to the titles more than the titles themselves are problematic.

For example:
Master [school]; prereq must have school title; +4 everything that school -2 all other school and physical; can not master in any other school without combo

Grandmaster  [school]; prereq must have master; +6 everything that school -2 all other schools and physical; can not have another school title without combo

Great Grandmaster [school] +4 everything that school -2 all othe schools and physical; can not have any other magic titles not in this school

Repeat for weapons and bow

For crafting:

Master [craft type]; prereq must have that craft title at 100; up to +10% dura (+.02 damage weapon or .5 protects armor set); can not master in another non associated craft without combo*

Grandmaster [craft type]: prereq must have master at 100; up to +10% dura (+02 damage weapon or .5 protects armor set) ; can not have any non associated gear crafting title without combo (* so armor and shield are okay and robe and soft armor are okay as are all non gear crafting skills (potions, food, mounts, labor, etc)

Etc....

This is what I think is missing more than the current titles are bad.
  • Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 06:18:02 am by Mycke

Reply #62

If your of the opinion as I am that Titles are far too insignificant in creating character specialization and a sense of character permanence/identity then it is a problem.

Kind of but more because I dont believe there are enough layers to the titles more than the titles themselves are problematic.

For example:
Master [school]; prereq must have school title; +4 everything that school -2 all other school and physical; can not master in any other school without combo

Grandmaster  [school]; prereq must have master; +6 everything that school -2 all other schools and physical; can not have another school title without combo

Great Grandmaster [school] +4 everything that school -2 all othe schools and physical; can not have any other magic titles not in this school

Repeat for weapons and bow

For crafting:

Master [craft type]; prereq must have that craft title at 100; up to +10% dura (+.02 damage weapon or .5 protects armor set); can not master in another non associated craft without combo*

Grandmaster [craft type]: prereq must have master at 100; up to +10% dura (+02 damage weapon or .5 protects armor set) ; can not have any non associated gear crafting title without combo (* so armor and shield are okay and robe and soft armor are okay as are all non gear crafting skills (potions, food, mounts, labor, etc)

Etc....

This is what I think is missing more than the current titles are bad.
NO go eat a battle spike.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #63
I'm trying to picture Mycke's great grandmaster melee archer in full exarch with a 1.0 helraiser and silverbranch and I can't help wonder if we could somehow make a great grandmaster battlespike thrower title if he would fear fighting against that instead.
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #64
''hey mage armors are wayyyyyyyyyyy too hard to get, really not worth farming''¨
ub3r: oh ok lets make melee archer gear harder to get, buff golem hp boys
4 months +  too late :P

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #65
Thanks for the update @Ub3rgames, thsi is a good patch but i guess the next one about bindstone quest will be the one i prefer since i'm always low on meditation points.

Attribute and skill potions are goos but i prefer them as a reward for quest too when you complete a certain amount. There is a game called Tera where the more you do daily quest to a specific NPC the more trustful you gain, at a certain theresold this NPC give you special items, it can be a good idea to add med and exp potions in this way.
  • Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 10:06:08 am by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #66
Nice patch Ub3r, keep it going :)

Reply #67
These Title books aren't hard to farm at all (I've got 3 already), which is all well and good now. But down the road some individuals and clans are going to have stacks of them and switching Titles is going to become trivial, which I thought Ub3rgames was against? Consider putting a cool down on their use at the very least so you can't just hit 50 Title in one day.

Oh and one other note on these changes, I believe mobs that used to drop specific skill books no longer do, only comes from Champions now... I could be wrong, but only if RNG was really working against me on this.

Really depends on a few things, where the drop off in points gained is (the 5-1 points per book) ? what happens to your book if you only have 1 combat skill below 50?

You are probably talking almost 40 books to get to 50. Doesn't really sound like a big deal to me, I'm more concerned about the lack of gold sinks in game currently with the addition of another mob dropping treasure maps.

No you're confusing the Title books with skill books, The Combat Title books always give you 5 points, but don't work once you're past 50 in the Title. They will also take you over 50, if you say use them at 49 Title, you'll get 54 after using the book. So it will take exactly 10 Combat Title books to get to 50 from 0.

You're right I misread that, so what happens if you have 3 Kombat titles and 2 are above of 50, and you use a combat title book @Ub3rgames ?

I'm actually still cool with people accelerating the unlock portion of titles, I always felt the time frame was too big.
  • Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 01:34:53 pm by Ivar_theBoneless

Reply #68
Going to re-install for checking this out
good one
ingame: Dropkick Skibba

Reply #69
Titles increase from Left. More left will increase until it max than next one. Tested. Confirmed

Reply #70
Not sure if mentioned but the Title Books work as the capped attribute book work, so slightly different from description: they don't level your title to 50 max, they can be activated until 50 and always give +5. Just got a 46->51 using a book.

Reply #71
Probably one of the simplest and best "content" patches implemented since launch, great job, keep it up! :) 

Reply #72
Titles increase from Left. More left will increase until it max than next one. Tested. Confirmed
Sounds about right.

Reply #73
- Combat title book: Gives +5 to a random active combat title that is bellow lvl 50.
Sounds about right.
hehe hopes vs reality - this is actually funny :)

Reply #74
i used 4 books, i have 2 titles not at 100. Most left was fire, all 4 books increased ONLY my FIRE, not my EARTH....