Skip to main content

Topic: Game Update 2: The Champion system (Read 2914 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Game Update 2: The Champion system
Reply #15
@Bish
There were items that were conditional on another item.
Think of: if bow/staff then arrows/reagents. The arrow stacks did not scale.
Now they do, so we lowered the base amount to not overflow.

Skinning does increase in quantity with the group size.
What no longer scales with group size are the probabilities of a successful skin.
Every size of group is now equal when facing the RNG gods.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #16
Good patch, however why does it have to be random?

- Combat title book: Gives +5 to a random active combat title that is bellow lvl 50. Can be used up to lvl 50.

It would be great if we could select which title to increase instead of relying on randomness.
While I'm not a fan of random, it's not too bad - as most players will only have 1 or max of 2 titles under 50 when they switch builds...

I agree with what you said and it may be the case most of the time but I feel character titles should not rely on randomness.

Having better control on how to distribute those points may be relevant in certain scenario, sometimes you may want to focus on a specific title, especially if its combat related, let say you decide to switch one of your combat title but also keep the 5th slot as a "free" slot for crafting which you drop often and thus reset all the time, then the randomness gets in the way because you may waste +5 points for a title that you will be dropping anyway.

This example may not be relevant to most of us but I believe other similar scenario may occur and instead of relying on randomness we should have the control to allocate those points where we see fit, it would also increase the price of title books on the market since you can rely on them at 100% without the worry of wasting points and money.

Reply #17

Champ spawns have the red spellchanting casting ring around their feet.  They hit a good bit harder, more hp. 

The scroll I got for combat titles is +5 to any random currently active combat title, so there is an RNG element but it is under your control.  800 med points as well.  The potion is "Ambrosia" and permanently increases strength up to a max of 100.

edit - 800 med not 400, I split with a 2nd in party.
  • Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 07:05:40 pm by Oddjob

Reply #18
Good new contect! Keep it doing! Every 2 week new content and game will survive!

Sadly that it itake 4month to add first content, not 1m like you plan in beta....

Reply #19
WoW!!! This update is just amazing! I love you, Ub3rgamers! Obviously, you are very love this game, thx you are lot for the patch!
Already got 200 mediation point from troll shaman champion and 4 eggs :)
Dolly Monk

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
 Very nice guys. Keep up the hard work
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21

Champ spawns have the red spellchanting casting ring around their feet.  They hit a good bit harder, more hp. 

The scroll I got for combat titles is +5 to any random currently active combat title, so there is an RNG element but it is under your control.  400 med points as well.  The potion is "Ambrosia" and permanently increases strength up to a max of 100.

oh wow thats actually good
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #22
@Ub3rgames fantastic patch, the champion drops are pretty damn nice. Does a really nice job of favoring group PvE and the open world (not dungeons and solo farmers)

@Oddjob what mob was that and how many did you have?

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
@Ub3rgames fantastic patch, the champion drops are pretty damn nice. Does a really nice job of favoring group PvE and the open world (not dungeons and solo farmers)

Why does it favor open world btw. didnt really get that.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #24

It was a gray ork and just the 1 spawned, the remainder of the spawn continued to spawn around him.  He was always easy to pick out from the group with his red glowing base.

Reply #25

Why does it favor open world btw. didnt really get that.
Well the new skill drops plus now you can get med from overworld mobs.  Previously had to do dungeons for pve med

Reply #26
if a mobspawn has multiple different mobtypes, do i have to kill all the different mobs fast or just 1 type of mob?

does the time-to-kill timer start when you first damage a mobspawn or when?

"very low level monsters" = all mobs under the "Easy" filter on world map?
  • Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 07:37:00 pm by mongoloid123

Reply #27
lol, priorities. Most random thing ever to implement when your game is dead.

Reply #28
@mongoloid123
All mobs have to be killed fast, and timers are based on alive time.
It is about clearing fast and being in control of the spawn, all monsters included.
Note that only the strongest monster in the spawn will come as a champion.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #29
Cool patch!   Really interested to try my favorite mobs spawns.

One question, sorry if I'm a broken record;  is earthquake finished with this patch?  When may I expect earthquake to be finished?