Skip to main content

Topic: Mobs spawning that are suppose to have a weapon but dont (Read 683 times) previous topic - next topic

Mobs spawning that are suppose to have a weapon but dont
Goblin Scouts outside Idawoll - Walking round whilst i am killing them, they dont draw weapons, they dont aggro, i can damage them and they die.

Not all of them at the spawn only a couple.

Re: Mobs spawning that are suppose to have a weapon but dont
Reply #1
That's been a bug throughout DF sorry

Reply #2
Yes, we haven't had the time to fix Ai bugs, but we'll eventually get to it. We have a team member just waiting for his chance to touch some goblin brains.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #3
Ive noticed some mobs like zombie warriors are sometime spawning without weapons to attack with. So they just walk around doing nothing as you hit them.
If this is happening to some higher end spawns it could be rather exploitable for skill gain.

• 45s
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
I saw it happening to Goblin Fighters too. From time to time a fighter without any weapons spawns and is just walking around until you kill it.
ALL your concerns will be 100% fixed in DnD.

Reply #5
It happened to all multi-spawn mobs from time to time in the original Darkfall. So would expect it's the same thing.

Reply #6
Zombie warriors do it to, they spawn with no weapons and dont seem to have any kind of attack they can do with bare hands so they do nothing while u beat them to death.

Reply #7
We noticed the issue. Seems like an old 2012 bug we forgot about. We'll look into it.

Reply #8
Not sure if youre aware but mobs are sometimes spawning without melee weapons, when you get into melee with them they bug out

Reply #9
This is only related on the topic of mobs -- I didn't want to make a new thread -- but sometimes goblins and centaurs just stand there and don't do anything, or act like they don't see you and let you hit them from behind. Not sure the trigger or issue, but iirc it was like that in DF1 as well.

• 45s
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
This has been reported in multiple threads and they seemed to be aware of it. Still it would be helpful if we compile a list of mobs / spwans affected.

Reply #11
We'll be implementing a generic solution to all. No need to waste time on it. Thank you for the intent, though. :)

• Nat
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #12
I hope this gets fixed today because this is a big problem. Some big spawns are spawning without melee weapons and they can't fight back at close range. Farming weapons is a pain in the ass because half of them don't spawn with a weapon so they don't drop it. Some even drop two weapons (including bows).

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
Yes, me and my clanmates know about this, sometimes when we farm menhir sentinels and ravens for gear/weapons some spawn without weapon (and some don't move even with weapons), so we box them and easy kill. :D

Anyway is a known bug, but i'm glad that was found now, would have been devastating in the live server for the economy.

ps: Once fixed, will be good if they can drop more gear, is a pain in the ass, at least until you implement titles, racavans, local banks, etc.., so you can remove them altogether.
  • Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 01:36:16 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

• 45s
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
Anyway is a known bug, but i'm glad that was found now, would have been devastating in the live server for the economy.
Devastating? How?