Skip to main content

Topic: Weapon Seize (Read 323 times) previous topic - next topic

Weapon Seize
Are they all the same reach?

Re: Weapon Seize
Reply #1
Seize is double normal auto attack reach.
Since weapons have different reach distances, so do weapon Seizes.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #2
For example, I love daggers but the seize ability is much shorter than two handers.

Reply #3
For example, I love daggers but the seize ability is much shorter than two handers.

Knives certainly do get the short end of the blade when it comes to melee powers. I really hope Ub3rgames takes a look at them along with clubs and polearms. Basically knives are too situationally good untitled, and not good enough titled, because of the way melee powers work. With Seize being the worst... probably be better if it was switched to a snare for knives.

Reply #4
Knives melee power, while having a shorter reach due to the weapon itself, have also a lower cooldown too, so they can be used more often.
Knives has always been "situational" because, due to their reach, they are harder to hit with, especially against someone that is good at keeping distance and using its range advantage.....and i think they are actually pretty balanced right now.
If you manage to keep close, their dps is just insane. It is much higher than all other weapons...so if they had better/easier to use melee power, they'd probably become overpowered.

The only thing that keep them in line is the fact they are harder to use...otherwise everyone would go daggers

Reply #5
Knives melee power, while having a shorter reach due to the weapon itself, have also a lower cooldown too, so they can be used more often.
Knives has always been "situational" because, due to their reach, they are harder to hit with, especially against someone that is good at keeping distance and using its range advantage.....and i think they are actually pretty balanced right now.
If you manage to keep close, their dps is just insane. It is much higher than all other weapons...so if they had better/easier to use melee power, they'd probably become overpowered.

The only thing that keep them in line is the fact they are harder to use...otherwise everyone would go daggers

+1

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
I'm pretty sure dagger title is really only meant for pve. I remember that last week of inDev I tested maxed dagger title, duelist and warrior on shadow knights and even someone in full dragon with a shredder.

Pretty crazy stuff. If you're worried about trying to stick into someone with your daggers you might be better off trying to do some crazy wof build and dropping it at the right time to pull the daggers out
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #7
Look at Yvainne's video.  He does a ton of damage with daggers (and I'm assuming EU ping?).  It's not clear how well they'd work against top-tier players, but at a minimum it gives some interesting dynamics to the battlefield.

Plus daggers are one of the cheapest R70 melee weapons out there.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Look at Yvainne's video.  He

She.

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #10
Look at Yvainne's video.  He

She.

Woot, go Yvainne!  The last truly ferocious female Darkfaller I encountered was Geckzilla.

It was only a few days ago I backed off of attacking Yvainne while she cut a tree at Oethrain (geared).  My excuse was that I forgot to bring food.  Had I already watched the knifing video, I would have had two excuses!

Reply #11
Plus daggers are one of the cheapest R70 melee weapons out there.

4 theyril 2 neithal and you think they are cheap? not with the current theyril drops unless you go full altfall

i was going to change to daggers myself but with that r70 price no thanks

Reply #12
Wow 4 theyril!!!   I only looked at the non-metal requirement; Deathless Shadowcrest is dead easy.  But 4 theyril, yeah that's big.

Reply #13

The reason being is that they decimate a player within seconds if used correctly, i have used the seize and it works very well with daggers.
  • Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 07:20:48 pm by xzxDJxzx Terrorize