Skip to main content

Topic: Ub3rgames - Please take 5 minutes and read this, you need to hear this <3  (Read 602 times) previous topic - next topic

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Ub3rgames - Please take 5 minutes and read this, you need to hear this <3
Reply #30
What exactly will wipe bring? What will prevent same people calling for a 3rd wipe? If game and economy was designed correctly a wipe is not needed. Treat the root cause and not the symptoms. UW didn't recover after the wipe.
Well, we know a wipe would mean a resurgence of population. I also agree it wouldn't solve anything but neither did local banking and marketplaces. I'm simply stating the obvious in that the prior mechanics aren't much worse than the current is all.

Take that however you like but this game died just as fast as RoA did but only New Dawn in the last two years has been able to make its population climb out of a desolate low to an enjoyable population without a wipe.
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #31
I can only speak for myself, if there were server wipe just for the sake of wipe/equality, without actual additional content and tons of new stuff, i would never go through all this again.

And yeah im one of those oddball guys who actually did most of the carfting grind solo and without  alts, perhaps thats why those pixels have bit more value to me than on average. There were long hours of real time put into em.

For the most part of those hours i actually liked the grind, because of the supposed promise, wich never really manifested to be honest.

Basically what they did(without ever directly  admitting) was scrapping whole crafting as a profession idea. At first with considering alts as nonissue(they sort of initially were) then they proceeded to twist the knife in the wound and postpone billing. Everyone now had no upkeep alts to turn to instead of actual people, leading to market that isnt bound by normal supply and demand mechanics.
Furthermore, very little was done about the sheer mindlessness of the crafting system, its on spectrum from shallow/placeholder(cooking recipes, jesus, what is this shit?) all the way to flat out broken(mid rank equipment hi?), in a game that was supposed to be about scarcity and crafting being viable profession all spiced up with healthy economy.

At one point it all went down the toilet and not just because of the population, but probably because they realized they cant deliver on full scale and tried to cut their losses.

Little bit more about population. The "mythical 2k players," we probably had at launch, were here mostly because of the promise/hope and to lesser extent simply because "its a launch." Majority of those who left wont be back simply because of the re launch.

I guess we didnt really have an argument between us to begin with, merely trying to expand the subject a little further. Bloody hell we need developements in shorter timescales than several months and there is no substitution to that. Im probably only one of the many lurkers who still hang out here even if they havent really been active for a while, but who see no reason to come back unless something tangible has been added.

Champions patch was a good one, but only lasted a little while. At this rate people will always outpace the developement, at least until some critical polish is reached? There are still so many loose ends and even pretty much unused features.

ps. Im still around, prove me wrong Uber and i will actually be playing again. Maybe there will even be others :)
  • Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 11:39:33 pm by hecate355

Reply #32
then they proceeded to twist the knife in the wound and postpone billing. Everyone now had no upkeep alts to turn to instead of actual people, leading to market that isnt bound by normal supply and demand mechanics.
This. As always they had good intentions but lack of thought given made the outcome bad for the game.

Why would they launch if then they decided that the game is in a state that does not allow to even charge for it is beyond me.