Skip to main content

Topic: Ub3rgames - Please take 5 minutes and read this, you need to hear this <3  (Read 886 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Ub3rgames - Please take 5 minutes and read this, you need to hear this <3
Reply #15
meanwhile 160k retards watching shitty fornite streams,and we have 20 players because they dont know how to advertise pvp.
Nobody caress about changes/patches in a game with 120 playerbase.

I feel you man

Reply #16
Having seen the rise and fall of Darkfall and its many instances the problem is mid game content - IE there isn't any.

The game desperately needs mid-lvl racial PVP content, that provides something to do for the masses.  Meaningful open racial warfare was the promise, still waiting ...

If you advertise now with current content - they will be gone in a few months, like most of the players who started at any of the "launches".

Advertising is needed - Donations is a good idea, but we need a quality product that can retain new players beyond 2 months.

I agree with you man. Mid game needs more purpose. Honestly I think a wipe date and good marketing beforehand would be the only solution to attract new players. Wipe is a risky move tho since the veterans will feel a bit scammed rightly so as well. Maybe a new server addition would do the trick. Most vets would probably swap anyways to kill some fresh blood :)

• Otis
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
Wipe the game, hopefully some of these vets will leave

Reply #18
Once you wipe when you said you wouldnt people will always feel like they might wipe again.

Its the kiss of death...

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
If the pop dips below 50 REAL people would you still call "no wipe"? I'm only asking because the population is or should be very close to that point where no one really cares to trade or organize much of it unless they want to travel a lot which can only mean many actives are wandering the map like nomads grinding their own mats to level their own crafters to make awesome suits to rarely cross paths and eventually get bored and quit.

At least during inDev we could teleport around to make trades and farm different shit. Not saying runes are the problem solver but after comparing the two rulesets, you had more bareable circumstances during inDev with a low pop
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #20
If the pop dips below 50 REAL people would you still call "no wipe"? I'm only asking because the population is or should be very close to that point where no one really cares to trade or organize much of it unless they want to travel a lot which can only mean many actives are wandering the map like nomads grinding their own mats to level their own crafters to make awesome suits to rarely cross paths and eventually get bored and quit.

At least during inDev we could teleport around to make trades and farm different shit. Not saying runes are the problem solver but after comparing the two rulesets, you had more bareable circumstances during inDev with a low pop
The pop is a few times that, you can even verify it... lol

Reply #21
If the pop dips below 50 REAL people would you still call "no wipe"
So the new "magic number" thrown out of nowhere from the "game is dead" crowd is not 50?
What's up? saying "100 player left" is not cutting anymore since you realized people are still playing and the game is still up despite all you naysayers?

P.s: just yesterday we had a 9vs5 fight at a village, another 3vs3, another 3vs2 to the only 3 villages we went (the day before we went to one and had a 6vs5vs4).....guess we're just so lucky that we meet half the server population every day just by going to two villages, right? (oh, and apparently we've become 20% of the current server population since we're 10 players)

Reply #22
ub3r is swimming in cash and is confident in their plan to market later this why they afford no sub fee

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
If the pop dips below 50 REAL people would you still call "no wipe"
So the new "magic number" thrown out of nowhere from the "game is dead" crowd is not 50?
What's up? saying "100 player left" is not cutting anymore since you realized people are still playing and the game is still up despite all you naysayers?

P.s: just yesterday we had a 9vs5 fight at a village, another 3vs3, another 3vs2 to the only 3 villages we went (the day before we went to one and had a 6vs5vs4).....guess we're just so lucky that we meet half the server population every day just by going to two villages, right? (oh, and apparently we've become 20% of the current server population since we're 10 players)
The question is to you fan boys. If the pop dips to only 50 people would you still say "no wipe"? I'm not saying that's what it's at but what I am saying if the game is getting closer and closer each day to the point where no one is going to trade because they're better off just going around gathering their own materials and crafting their own stuff. With each passing day, they gather up all these cool suits for what? They seldomly need to use them because of the lack of fights (I know you in particular get constant bang along with Ivar and the game is poppin specifically for you) and it's only going to get worse.

There are currently no tools in place to attract and retain players (old and new). When that happens with the local banking ruleset people get bored of TravelFall and quit.

Explain to me why during the inDev when we actually dipped to below 50 actives we were able to gradually grow to around 250-300 within a two month span. The current siege rule set was not yet implemented with the windows, armor patch was fresh and there was still global banking and runestones.

Even though runes and global banking isn't the solution the inDev ruleset gave people the chance to try new features without such a huge time sink which started attracting more people to come back.

The reason people don't mind a wipe is because they know people flock to new launches. I'm also not saying a wipe is a perfect solution either but simply pointing out that almost everyone on here saying "no wipe" is a scrub who spends their launches close to guard zones and waits until the population dies down to start building their massive banks up in an empty world.
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #24
If ub3rgames needs to wipe to make ND a success - they should do it, as they are a business and need to think about their and game's future.
Would I continue playing after wipe? I really do not know.

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #25
You cant wipe a persistant world.
If they wipe, it means any perceived dip in activity may cause a mass exodus because "wipe coming soon no sense to play".

I play a game that has a temp server, the first round lasted 8 months before reset.
Now its 3 weeks, because people just cba to put in effort if the first 2 weeks doesnt bring them the domination they wanted.
Everybody knows the admins will reset it when the spicyness is gone, so they just dont even bother with come backs ect.

It would completely change what the game attempts to achieve, even if its failed to do so at present.

Reply #26
SomeBK, by that logic, wipe would never be necessary because we have already dipped below meaningful population level according to you. How could those 1% earlier generation "dinosaurs" even matter among all these hypothetical thousands?

Also its easy to advocate pro wipe if you havent invested countless hours into something that isnt really that much fun to ever be considered done again. Sure such people could pick some different path and still get soem fun out of the game, but no one of the sane mind would go through with this mindless crafting grind one more time.

Just get the damn players, no one cares about the hoard of those 1%, its drop in the sea.

Reply #27
@SomeBK what crafting mastery you had and what level was your enchanting? You can kiss goodbye to most crafters forever from DND if they wipe the skills.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #28
SomeBK, by that logic, wipe would never be necessary because we have already dipped below meaningful population level according to you. How could those 1% earlier generation "dinosaurs" even matter among all these hypothetical thousands?

Also its easy to advocate pro wipe if you havent invested countless hours into something that isnt really that much fun to ever be considered done again. Sure such people could pick some different path and still get soem fun out of the game, but no one of the sane mind would go through with this mindless crafting grind one more time.

Just get the damn players, no one cares about the hoard of those 1%, its drop in the sea.
So please, can anyone tell me why these "mythical 2k players" were playing at launch?

Is this one big joke on me where those were actualy all computer controlled and the population has always been what it currently is all this time?

Guys, I get it, you want to hang onto your pixels that you've worked so hard grinding for under the cover of an unpopulated server and I definitely see a wipe not being an end all be all solution to a population increase.

All I'm doing is taking what's happened throughout the entire New Dawn/RoA era and looking at things objectively. The only time I've ever seen a population INCREASE in the slightest that did not involve and new launch was the armor patch.

If that isn't enough of a sign that added content is what the game needs (to get a bigger population) then the next best thing we can assume is a wipe/relaunch would make it happen.

I agree with Nuyur that it would bring a spike in population but would be short-lived because of people sketched out about future wipes but again, looking objectively, would it be any worse than the droves of players this game was bleeding out over its first two months post launch?

To address the "dedicated crafters" with concerns. Do you really think people are flocking to new dawn to play it's cutting edge mindless crafting system? Probably not which is why any smart clan would just make alts who could craft and funnel mats and time into those crafters because crafting is boring and nobody except a very small minority actually stick around through the game's entirety to do it. @lambdaExpression  I have control over character than can craft r60 armor of all types, all staves, and r60 weapons and can enchant q3 for all including shields.

Would I give a shit if the game was wiped? Nope because I put my time in during the inDev and gladly leveled the same shit post launch because it wasn't just me doing the work. The enjoyment came from actually working together with 60+ people to gather and funnel mats to power level 2 crafters because crafting is merely a chore not a play style in this game.

So again, I'm not suggesting to wipe, not suggesting to bring global banking or runes back Im just simply presenting evidence and stating the facts behind that evidence.

Too many people are too quick to say "don't do this or that or that will kill the game" yet when you ask them to explain past experiences they simply exit the discussion. It's always the same names and it becomes far too easy to get them to close the thread when it all gets broken down.
  • Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 08:51:42 pm by SomeBK

Reply #29
What exactly will wipe bring? What will prevent same people calling for a 3rd wipe? If game and economy was designed correctly a wipe is not needed. Treat the root cause and not the symptoms. UW didn't recover after the wipe.