Skip to main content

Topic: Ub3rgames - Please take 5 minutes and read this, you need to hear this <3  (Read 827 times) previous topic - next topic

Ub3rgames - Please take 5 minutes and read this, you need to hear this <3
First off I would like to say that you guys at Ub3rgames seem like a good group of people, saw that you invited players to discuss the games future with you in person and that is awesome to even just say even if you would not follow up on it. You also have some dedicated players that help you guys with really good feedback, discord channel etc. Please make sure to respond to the constructive/intelligent feedback players give, some are really helpful and you can see that the person put a lot of time in making it, so show the curtesy of a short reply at minimum since they are clearly trying their best to help you guys out so I find it plain stupid and strange to not even reply. If you don't have time for this, find time because this should be a priority.

Second and this is the MOST important part. I cannot in my wildest imagination understand why why why you do not focus more on marketing this game? We all know that Darkfall with it's open world needs a decent population to function. We live in 2018 now so you do not need to make expensive tv commercials and shit just pay a medium popular streamer or two to play your game for a few hours. Just look at the relaunch of Conan Exiles for example, they fucked it up at release big time, fixed a lot of issues - paid streamers to play their game and now they have a decent playerbase again. Look at Northgard for crying out loud, tiny strategy game that paid 1 medium streamer!! for a few hours and almost trippeled their playerbase. If you cannot afford this for some strange reason or do not want to put money on this as it seems like?? Put up a freaking DONATE button so the dedicated players that wants this game to succeed can help you with that at least. I do not see any reason at all why you should not do this?? Please explain to me in a logic way why you would not do this?? Is it because the game is too unfinished in your eyes and you want to better it some more before this? It would be the only logic explanation.

It makes me sad and frustrated to see that you are going the same way as adventurine and Tasos where you say that you listen to the playerbase and you do in some ways but not in others, I love the website and the fact that you are clear and inform of the changes you are making and seem to do it regularly. But you need to CARE and show that you especially care of the players that are healthy for your business and your game, they are few and getting even less. Show them some more appreciation so they can continue to help you guys.

TOSS UP A DONATE BUTTON AND MAKE ALL MONEY GATHERED GO TO EXPANDING THE PLAYERBASE OR THIS GAME WILL DIE.

I want to give you my own money for this reason, why wont you let me? I'm pretty certain I'm not alone.

LET US HELP YOU MAKE THIS GAME AT LEAST ACCEPTABLE AND PLAYABLE.

Sorry for the use of caps, used it on what I found most important so you take more notice if you read it which I sadly doubt but hope you do.

We all want you to succeed so we have a wonderful PVP focused game. Please listen.

All the best,
Alex

• Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 07:24:58 am by tralla

Re: Ub3rgames - Please take 5 minutes and read this, you need to hear this <3
Reply #1
My guess is they don't advertise because they know the game still needs a lot of tweaks that make significant changes in gameplay. Look at the recent skinning changes as an example and their recent post on their next focus. These aren't new content patches or new features, but changes in basic mechanics and gameplay experience. I think Ub3r realises after their initial launch and influx of capital that they need to do much more polishing before pushing this.

On new cash, isn't that the point of altfall? Players give a small donation to get an alt.

Sarcasm aside, Ub3r doesn't seem stripped for cash, and the additition of a donate button is the surest way to make it look like they're in dire straights. You want them to advertise? Well, that'd be the worst advert they could put out. Frankly, if they need to ask their players for donations to keep the game running, it's a sign of desperation and indicator that the game is on its last legs. But thankfully they show no sign of needing more cash than they're getting from the occasional new player or alt. If they did, they could simply turn on subs or add a benign cash shop for name changes.

Save your donation for an actual charity that needs it, not a for profit company.
  • Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 09:17:17 am by pellaz
Did you know you can ignore toxic posters, stopping the forum from showing you the text of their posts? Starving trolls eventually move on. Please don't feed the trolls.

Reply #2
Yeah I agree with your point. But from my understanding they are already kind of on their last legs? Unless they have amazing capita they can keep tinkering on the game for years until it looks remotely functional. It gets on my nerves that this game is "soft released" and they are selling a finished product as they are marketing on their new youtube video. Massive claims like Darkfall is finally finished, new generation mmo and shit like that when it is so far away form the truth and it is even so bad that I would be surprised if they have 1000+ people online at once at peak time. You even see people on this forum sending new curious players to their direct competetor because the playerbase is bigger there. So people from the EU actually go play on NA servers with so much worse ping just to see some people in the game? It is so sad.

Basically my point is to not then market the game as "soft released" and "Darkfall is now complete, join us" if they are so embarrased of their product so far that they are scared to let streamers play the game. It makes absolutely no sense or am I the one crazy over here? My point with the donate button was simply that since they seem to not really know what they are doing at least it could not hurt to let the dedicated players help them if they want. Doesn't have to be advertised as "please help us" but more like. "If you want to assist in letting Darkfall grow you can do so here" kind of way.

Reply #3
I think they learned from RoA if you advertise too early you throw all those potential players out the window after spending all that money to attract them. Im sure once they get the game in a state they feel it can retain newer players they will begin advertising and in the mean time we are doing beta v.2.0 to get them there.
  • Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 08:30:36 pm by Mycke

Reply #4
Lol.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #5
You even see people on this forum sending new curious players to their direct competetor because the playerbase is bigger there. So people from the EU actually go play on NA servers with so much worse ping just to see some people in the game? It is so sad.
Lol... really?
The playerbase is not bigger on RoA, it is smaller...just look at forum posts/stats (which are a good indicator of how many people play a game) and you'd know it.
Those that are sending people there are just RoA players desperately in need of some new blood that comes here to try to recruit every single person they can

Reply #6
You even see people on this forum sending new curious players to their direct competetor because the playerbase is bigger there. So people from the EU actually go play on NA servers with so much worse ping just to see some people in the game? It is so sad.
Lol... really?
The playerbase is not bigger on RoA, it is smaller...just look at forum posts/stats (which are a good indicator of how many people play a game) and you'd know it.
Those that are sending people there are just RoA players desperately in need of some new blood that comes here to try to recruit every single person they can

Well I'm just going to trust you on that one, I've just browsed around on this forum and seen it happen where new players get recommended to RoA instead of staying here which I found sad.

I think they learned from RoA if you advertise too early you throw all those potential players out the window after spending all that money to attract them. Im sure once they get the game in a state they feel it can retain newer players they will begin advertising and in the mean time we are doing beta v.2.0 to get them there.

Yes, this would be a logic reason why not to advertise the game yet, but I still hope they know how important this is specially on Twitch when they feel they have a game that can retain new players.

Did RoA even advertise their game? If they did they must have failed miserably indeed.

Reply #7
Having seen the rise and fall of Darkfall and its many instances the problem is mid game content - IE there isn't any.

The game desperately needs mid-lvl racial PVP content, that provides something to do for the masses.  Meaningful open racial warfare was the promise, still waiting ...

If you advertise now with current content - they will be gone in a few months, like most of the players who started at any of the "launches".

Advertising is needed - Donations is a good idea, but we need a quality product that can retain new players beyond 2 months.

Reply #8
they need to bring back some old magic,like old WoF and then advertise amazing pvp.
My guess is they don't advertise because they know the game still needs a lot of tweaks that make significant changes in gameplay.
bullshit,game is ready to play,
Even original dfo dont need any changes,because it has maximum amount of fun you can extract from game,but they just dont need df with changes or without,they will never play.
Look 2012 videos,do you think game needs a lot of tweaks?Rofl,it was ready to play even in 2012.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnsgumxmlxA
  • Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 05:50:53 pm by huem vzhopu po pizde

Reply #9
meanwhile 160k retards watching shitty fornite streams,and we have 20 players because they dont know how to advertise pvp.
Nobody caress about changes/patches in a game with 120 playerbase.
  • Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 05:57:19 pm by huem vzhopu po pizde

Reply #10
best adv - you bribe some famous streamer of famous shit games like dota or fornite,and then you show pvp adventures like in a video,on his stream.easy.
They did some streams,but they show pve goblins lol.Show them full potential,morons.

Reply #11
Having seen the rise and fall of Darkfall and its many instances the problem is mid game content - IE there isn't any.

The game desperately needs mid-lvl racial PVP content, that provides something to do for the masses.  Meaningful open racial warfare was the promise, still waiting ...

If you advertise now with current content - they will be gone in a few months, like most of the players who started at any of the "launches".

Advertising is needed - Donations is a good idea, but we need a quality product that can retain new players beyond 2 months.

Absolutely mate, if the game is not capable of retaining new players aka no mid game as you said it is pointless to donate for marketing as it would just hurt the game even more. I remember the beta days of original DF, it was actually amazing, sure it had its flaws but the world was filled with people and there was fights everywhere. People were also kind of the same level when it came to stats etc so it really showed if you has some skills. Amazing times and sure hope I can experience that again.

Reply #12
best adv - you bribe some famous streamer of famous shit games like dota or fornite,and then you show pvp adventures like in a video,on his stream.easy.
They did some streams,but they show pve goblins lol.Show them full potential,morons.

My point exactly. Get a good streamer to join a good small guild and fix a pvp event or something as well, possibilities are endless.

• Otoan
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #13
Just look at the relaunch of Conan Exiles for example, they fucked it up at release big time, fixed a lot of issues - paid streamers to play their game and now they have a decent playerbase again.

Conan Exiles didn't relaunch. It just launched. It was in early access...
Next time you post @Otoan try and actually know what your talking about or at least try and pretend

Reply #14
Just look at the relaunch of Conan Exiles for example, they fucked it up at release big time, fixed a lot of issues - paid streamers to play their game and now they have a decent playerbase again.

Conan Exiles didn't relaunch. It just launched. It was in early access...

Mate, you know exactly what I ment by that no? I'm sorry for not being punctual but was hoping that the message would still be received.