Skip to main content

Topic: Mining (Read 380 times) previous topic - next topic

Mining
I hit 100 mining and 100 mining mastery and no longer get rare ore the last 20 nodes i hit after 100 have given 2 rares my alt with low mining gets a shit ton i think you coded it ass backwards as a crafter this is game breaking for me :(

Re: Mining
Reply #1
It is a known issue. However, no fix has been implemented yet. @Ub3rgames

Reply #2
I think the idea is you buy more alts ;)
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #3
Is this true? If so, lol.
  • Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 02:09:04 pm by wildNothing

Reply #4
I think the idea is you buy more alts ;)

No need. Just delete your char and restart.

Reply #5
I have no problem getting rares at 100/100.
But then, Title is also at 100.
  • Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 03:00:10 pm by Ktorr

Reply #6

It is.

The issue is the chance system.  At higher mining skill you gather more and thus have to tap any node less.  So in fact, with shit mining skill and mining less units per tap, you have higher the chance of getting rares.

Reply #7

It is.

The issue is the chance system.  At higher mining skill you gather more and thus have to tap any node less.  So in fact, with shit mining skill and mining less units per tap, you have higher the chance of getting rares.
It's loical after all.  When you get 2 or 3 ore per hit. that's 2 or 3 fewer chances to get a rare before the node is empty.

Reply #8
How is it possible? Ub3r is known for their love of math. I'm sure they realized what will happen the moment they introduced changes.

Reply #9
What would be nice is if there was a selectable "Quantity / Quality" option for Mining.

Quantity - As Mining is now.
Quality - limits getting 1 ore per hit regardless of skill.  Takes longer to empty node, but increases chances for rares.

I think I'll put this in the suggestion Forum.
  • Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 04:44:55 pm by Ktorr

Reply #10
ok so seen the idea of 2-3 per hit lessens chances so i went to areas where both only get 1 per hit noob miner 30 mining 16 title 25 wisdom still got way more rares than my 100/100 with 100 title 100 wisdom. Ub3r i would just like an explanation

Reply #11
ok so seen the idea of 2-3 per hit lessens chances so i went to areas where both only get 1 per hit noob miner 30 mining 16 title 25 wisdom still got way more rares than my 100/100 with 100 title 100 wisdom. Ub3r i would just like an explanation

It lessens chance per node, but not chance per tap. You should still need the same number of taps on average to get a rare. But as you clear a node more quickly, it means it takes you more time to get the same number of taps, as you have to run between nodes and offload ore more often.
Did you know you can ignore toxic posters, stopping the forum from showing you the text of their posts? Starving trolls eventually move on. Please don't feed the trolls.

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
You didnt read his reply.
He went to a newbie area, where both are limited to 1 resource per tap.
He still got fewer rare ores compared to his shitty alt.

Reply #13
You didnt read his reply.
He went to a newbie area, where both are limited to 1 resource per tap.
He still got fewer rare ores compared to his shitty alt.

I did read it, but you're right in that I didn't understand that he was saying he tested with both his maxed level miner and low level alt. That said, he doesn't give the sample size of taps or the difference he saw in rares.

If he's saying he had the same, high number of taps using both his miner and alt and saw a significant difference in rate, then, yes, things would seem off. But I'm a bit sceptical that was done given the amount of time between his report and the post he was replying to.

I have no idea what the normal drop rate is (not a miner), so don't know what you'd need as a good sample size, but at a guess I'd think at least 1000 taps per character to compare rates.

Edit: I should add that I'm taking at face value those saying the issue is purely with the nodes being cleared faster at high level. I'm not a miner, so I'm not going from my experience, but those reports. If that's the only variable, then the rate per tap should be the same.
  • Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 06:12:58 pm by pellaz
Did you know you can ignore toxic posters, stopping the forum from showing you the text of their posts? Starving trolls eventually move on. Please don't feed the trolls.

Reply #14
i mined aprox 1000 ore on each toon nodes gave 55 hits each aprox give or take 1 or 2 noob 14 rares  main 6