Skip to main content

Topic: Traders : Should more items be placed in vendor (Read 569 times) previous topic - next topic

Traders : Should more items be placed in vendor
I was completely against the idea of adding items to vendor but it largely didn't impacted my business in Marketplace.

I am warming up to the idea of placing more items including maybe raw resources in vendor as long as they are 2x to 3x more expensive then average market value.

This is a good way to remove gold from economy and players desperately needs something can pay a premium price. Gold now means something.

/thoughts

Re: Traders : Should more items be placed in vendor
Reply #1
I have said it in the past when they launched and always believed vendor items is a good way to promote a "floor price" for certain items and stimulate the economy, in theory it should make the market place healthier and increase profit margin for all of us and at the same time drain more gold out of the economy. 

Reply #2
Well it's a fact that at least ork/mahirim markets don't stock enough materials in order to make a good gearbag. I'm all for artificially seeding items at a higher value
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Garbage Men

Reply #3
Markets(humans, elves, dwarves + chaos) are in terrible state at the moment for anything besides noobie gear so yes, wouldn't mind everything being available.
  • Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 06:48:30 pm by freakd

Reply #4
Markets(humans, elves, dwarves + chaos) are in terrible state at the moment for anything besides noobie gear so yes, wouldn't mind everything being available.
I wouldn't call FP and Justicebringers "noob gear", but it is at an all time low.

Reply #5
Buy orders will assist greatly, I would wait to see how that goes.
Chunder McBushpig
Token Horde Australian

Reply #6

These aren't a thing yet? Lmfao.

RoA: Lightyears ahead.

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

• Khor
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #7

These aren't a thing yet? Lmfao.

RoA: Lightyears ahead.

By all means, do stay there then.

Fyi, i considered going RoA, but instant gratification banking and travel / quakearena gameplay just doesnt cut it, far better games out there achieving that, plus RoA community is a cesspool of intoxicated idiots.
  • Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 03:03:21 am by Khor

Reply #8

I am afraid the clan crafters  have no interest in full filling these orders. We simply don't have the crafters or incentives. Gold has very little value so why bother sell or full fill buy orders? Everyone just hordes everything and starving the marketplace.

Reply #9
Alfar markets in total have fallen to all time lows in items listed.  Demand isn't anything close to what it was even two months ago and this might reflect a sharper decline in soloers and small clans than larger self-sustaining clans, or perhaps some other dynamic.

Reply #10

I am afraid the clan crafters  have no interest in full filling these orders. We simply don't have the crafters or incentives. Gold has very little value so why bother sell or full fill buy orders? Everyone just hordes everything and starving the marketplace.

Thats not completely true and much of the problem is people dont want to give the crafters/harveters/traders a profit, but for those who do there are people to fill those needs, ive sold over half a mil in just the last two weeks since I started my trading company in both gear (on market and off) and mats (almost all of which I directly farmed to fill the order i.e. buy order) but these were people willing to make it worth my time.

If people are willing to pay a profit for gear or a good unit price for mats there will be people to fill the orders but if people want a low price and pay in gold, then they arent going to get many bites.
  • Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 03:49:15 am by Mycke

Reply #11
Alfar markets in total have fallen to all time lows in items listed.  Demand isn't anything close to what it was even two months ago and this might reflect a sharper decline in soloers and small clans than larger self-sustaining clans, or perhaps some other dynamic.

Dura loss, item breaking on kill not implemented. Like every version of DF, most players now have a very comfortable full bank. Faucet and sink was never balanced as promised...

Reply #12
I would gladly fill many buy orders.  More incentive for me to pve till my heart's content. 

Reply #13
as long as they are 2x to 3x more expensive then average market value.

But they need to make sure that the prices *are* higher.

Before launch mages were crying over vendor prices of 6g for reagents were much too high. But the fact is that 6g is too low a price for mandrake in the vendor, and that players could often sell mandrake for 7-8 g if it was not for the vendors ruining that business. This would also make it more attractive to gather the item, providing more gameplay. So this is a (small) example of vendors killing the entertainment value of the game.
  • Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 09:57:42 am by CistaCista

Reply #14
This is something we had in mind too but we didn't want to risk it in a first implementation.
The current NPC inventories are us testing the waters on things that need a max price for the sake of new player convenience.
Maybe the basic five resources: iron, wood, cloth, leather and stone could re-appear as a crafter leveling commodity.

As a side note on destruction on gank: It has been held off.
At this stage, an item hoarded by someone who would either way never be in need is virtually out of the economy.
Once the in-game culture evolves into something more trade oriented, perhaps thanks to something like discussed here, then we can have more destruction.
However, most players actually struggle to remain geared. It doesn't make sense to increase scarcity at this point.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.