Skip to main content

Topic: Racial wars (Read 541 times) previous topic - next topic

Racial wars
Hows racial wars Will work when everyone its alfar?

Human Ally
Ttd
Mirendil
Simiran?

Alfar
Gsc
Epoch
Nomads
Enclave
Rats

Im just mention the most important clans.

Free RACE change to the lowest activity faction ir what

Re: Racial wars
Reply #1
In regards to the Alfar "important" clans --- Pretty sure Epoch just race changed to filthy dwarves and changed their clan name to Maidens of the Mountains.  Enclave are irrelevant unless you plan on raiding Yssam.  Nomads are a pretty small clan of 5-7 actives, with their entire alliance they could at most field 25 people(recalling from last siege I believe we had 15). 

So that makes Mirdain / Mercian / Dwarf 4 clans, Alfar 4 clans, Wolf / Ork 2 clans off the top of my head (The Horde and Garbage Men).

I don't think that's too imbalanced.

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
TIL that whole 10 clans still play.

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #3
We're not in very good shape to be honest, I'm not sure if we will survive but at the moment I can say that there are SnS, Wardens, some CODE that are active, DOH is very active but they are not strong. Jungle Kingdom is a big mystery, we've never been to Cairn to really observe the activity there, TD is elusive I hear they are still "healthy" but we don't really see them anywhere except 1 or 2 PvPers.

The race alliance was very weak until Epoch decided to change to Dwarf, it's quite cool really that they did. But in the end we're basically slowly deteriorating and most activity we've seen in recent times were mid map where it's the same few groups, and Ork lands where for some reason there is a lot more activity.

Honestly, I don't even know what to do anymore, we might just hibernate with this activity we already abandoned key holdings to save Tughri and I hope we can somehow pull through. A large problem is that PvPers don't gravitate to clans like Mirendil, even though we do PvP there is no race war to speak of and people just want action without too much context really..

Crafters have gone inactive over time and our last crafter decided to join a different clan, I started a crafting alt (something I avoided at launch hoping that it would give people that wanted to craft a role) but now we're basically grasping at straws. No one really cares about RP, and that's a shame because at DFO launch I had a lot of fun in Bloodclan Orcs where RP was mandatory, for various reasons RP never works in this game and part of what I wanted to build with Mirendil was a somewhat RP clan that could stand it's own in PvP. Unfortunately this is masochism, I've been here for probably a year +/- playing 12 hours a day regularly and I don't know how much more I can really take.

I've played through DFO launch to eu server down extremely active even in the deadest periods, here for about a year through indev to now. It never gets any easier... hence my temporary insanity, rambling, and contemplating quitting. I really don't know anything anymore...

• Khor
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #4
We're not in very good shape to be honest, I'm not sure if we will survive but at the moment I can say that there are SnS, Wardens, some CODE that are active, DOH is very active but they are not strong. Jungle Kingdom is a big mystery, we've never been to Cairn to really observe the activity there, TD is elusive I hear they are still "healthy" but we don't really see them anywhere except 1 or 2 PvPers.

The race alliance was very weak until Epoch decided to change to Dwarf, it's quite cool really that they did. But in the end we're basically slowly deteriorating and most activity we've seen in recent times were mid map where it's the same few groups, and Ork lands where for some reason there is a lot more activity.

Honestly, I don't even know what to do anymore, we might just hibernate with this activity we already abandoned key holdings to save Tughri and I hope we can somehow pull through. A large problem is that PvPers don't gravitate to clans like Mirendil, even though we do PvP there is no race war to speak of and people just want action without too much context really..

Crafters have gone inactive over time and our last crafter decided to join a different clan, I started a crafting alt (something I avoided at launch hoping that it would give people that wanted to craft a role) but now we're basically grasping at straws. No one really cares about RP, and that's a shame because at DFO launch I had a lot of fun in Bloodclan Orcs where RP was mandatory, for various reasons RP never works in this game and part of what I wanted to build with Mirendil was a somewhat RP clan that could stand it's own in PvP. Unfortunately this is masochism, I've been here for probably a year +/- playing 12 hours a day regularly and I don't know how much more I can really take.

I've played through DFO launch to eu server down extremely active even in the deadest periods, here for about a year through indev to now. It never gets any easier... hence my temporary insanity, rambling, and contemplating quitting. I really don't know anything anymore...

Give up, and tell yourself you had a good run.

Reply #5

You just got to take a break brother. Its summer time,  I'm about to have the pool open again. Playing everyday no matter how amazing a game is or how much you love something is not a recipe for longevity.

The game will be here when you come back, the same basement dwellers will be screaming about the same stupid s*** on the forums 2 weeks from now. You're not going to miss anything, get refreshed and come back when you enjoy playing again.

Reply #6
The population is in such a bad shape its really sad seeing Darkfall come to this and I'm talking about RoA as well as New Dawn

Especially in regards to the non EU playerbase

The worst part is things could have been so much better had Ub3rgames listened to me

The game COULD still be saved but there is almost no chance Ub3rgames will be willing do whats necessary

On the brightside we will finally have some new MMO options actually worth playing in 2019. Crowfall, Classic Wow, Chronicles of Elyria, Camelot Unchained in that order for me

Other future options include Lost Ark and Star Citizen in 2020 and there is also an FPS by the makers of EvE online going into beta by the end of 2018

I'd say New Dawn and RoA have no more than 6 months left to make changes and relaunch as Freemium

Reply #7
On the brightside we will finally have some new MMO options actually worth playing in 2019. Crowfall, Classic Wow, Chronicles of Elyria, Camelot Unchained in that order for me

Chocolate ice cream, frozen dog shit, strawberry ice cream, neapolitan ice cream....

Or another example why I did a double take reading your post, and in tribute to your signature...

Hot conservative women I'd like to date in 2019 Tomi Lahren, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Lauren Southern, Dana Loesch, in that order for me. :-?

Reply #8

Chocolate ice cream, frozen dog shit, strawberry ice cream, neapolitan ice cream....

Or another example why I did a double take reading your post, and in tribute to your signature...

Hot conservative women I'd like to date in 2019 Tomi Lahren, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Lauren Southern, Dana Loesch, in that order for me. :-?

Didn't want to spoil the surprise for him with Crowfall did you lol?

And those are not conservative women, just dumb bitches willing to say anything TV for money. Since they're not really crazy I'm guessing the sex is super bad.

Reply #9

TD is quite active with weekly events to farm up stuff etc. OTG has about 15 casual actives- growing 1-2 per week. If any of your guys need somewhere to hang out if you go mostly inactive get them to PM me in game. We are mostly NA.

Reply #10

If you are no longer having fun running the clan then stop running the clan, having been in your boat I can say when enclave came along to fill the niche I filled, allowing me to do my own thing completely refreshed me and i am having more fun than ive had in a while with out any burdens or responsibilities.

Remember semi casual players like those we tended to recruit actually like being in big zergs and will be just as happy if not happier being in your racial zerg clan even if its not for you, then you can drop the clan and feel the relief of no more burden and then figure out what you want to do from there.

Reply #11
The worst part is things could have been so much better had Ub3rgames listened to me

ok
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ