Skip to main content

Topic: Question on magic (Read 412 times) previous topic - next topic

Question on magic
With the current state of air magic, gaining an improved CC on it's r50, it has become a mandatory pick for any min maxer, there is currently no clear reason why someone would play a fire mage instead of an air mage - how do you plan to address this? as the proposed future changes to magic schools don't seem to acknowledge this.
  • Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 05:09:05 pm by VoQeles

Re: Questions on Skinning and Magic
Reply #1
ub3r did say it was being changed for launch after feedback.....
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Re: Question on magic
Reply #2

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Fire? Explosion is really nice to have. Easier to predict fireball knock up than lighting strike knockback too.

That being said I do think air is the strongest atm.
I'd start with reducing air stamina drain to 30% from 40.
(I have air title so no, I'm not nerfing others only but also myself)

Reply #4
Fire? Explosion is really nice to have. Easier to predict fireball knock up than lighting strike knockback too.

if you were to build something like Arcane / Fire / Air, you would exclusively use Air magic for dps and the other titles fall into utility. In any title arrangement where you have Air this happens, this is really what I want to highlight. I have Fire / Arcane / Quick / Combo + Scholar, so when I'm thinking of dropping Quick for Air, I'm thinking about what would my end game rotations look like and it's clear that I would always default to air magic even if initially I just want come hither + stormblast for utility.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
if you were to build something like Arcane / Fire / Air, you would exclusively use Air magic for dps and the other titles fall into utility. In any title arrangement where you have Air this happens, this is really what I want to highlight. I have Fire / Arcane / Quick / Combo + Scholar, so when I'm thinking of dropping Quick for Air, I'm thinking about what would my end game rotations look like and it's clear that I would always default to air magic even if initially I just want come hither + stormblast for utility.

Not really. I'd still use arcane bolt in this combo. And if it was fire/air only I'd use fire bolt. Speed ftw, air bolt is useless.

Also I'm using water/air atm and I'm mostly using water spells for damage.

Reply #6
Not really. I'd still use arcane bolt in this combo. And if it was fire/air only I'd use fire bolt. Speed ftw, air bolt is useless.

Also I'm using water/air atm and I'm mostly using water spells for damage.

Yes, you would still use spells situationaly, in that build I would be using arcane vs mages, and even switching into infliction against full metal... but what it comes down to is if your r50 r90 and ray are Air you're incentive to use air debuff (perfect play) is substantial and so you would default to using air magic in almost every scenario.

You're preference for using water while you have air is surely an individualist expression, just as you played with earth title before and I too like to play off meta but if I was trying to win I would do whatever is most effective.

Reply #7
Exploding Charge is (imo) the best R90/R100 nuke in the game. Just all around great.
Air's R50 has a super annoying displacement effect that can win you fights.

And when you combine those two with awesome signature spells, great stamina drain, less lightning protection on metal armors (only ones that are difficult to penetrate for other schools), it's pretty easy to understand why most consider Air to be the best school.

Only bad thing about Air is its bolt, and it's really not a big deal/loss if you use bolt from another school, especially if your other school is also titled (so benefits from cast speed, damage, mana effic)
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #8
@Wyverex
Are you referring to how loud the air bolt is?  8) lol

Reply #9
All this talk about magic nerfs and buffs and earth is still probably the least picked title for an offensive caster.  Wheres the earth love?  I do hope earthquake is op once its finally finished.

Reply #10
@Mordisk I'm referring to slow projectile speed. Volume is definitely an issue as well.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #11
If air bolt was any faster, it would cause hearing loss even faster...

Reply #12
just make fire knockups on leather warriors same as on naked.Only full heavy(10 heavy parts) wielders must have decreased knock up height.
  • Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 05:44:02 pm by huem vzhopu po pizde