Skip to main content

Topic: Mage anti-grind suggestion (Read 397 times) previous topic - next topic

Mage anti-grind suggestion
Remove need to train your individual spells and replace it with next formula (example)
(Spell Duration+Mana Effencity+Quickness+Intencity*2)\4

So, like an example
50 \ 50 \ 40 \ 20 = 45 per spell

50 \ 50 \ 40 \ 100 = 85 per spell

Re: Mage anti-grind suggestion
Reply #1
(25+1+0+0)/4=6.5
yeah... no thanks...
Dunnin Dainstaff - TTD

Reply #2
@Ub3rgames

Scale the title bonus/minus to match, so people are not grinding magic (and all the sub skills) at a negative which, after a few thousand casts , I'm sure that -4%/-6% (what ever it is) across the board really adds up..

Leave the current grind as is for magic schools people do not have a title in.

Make the suggested changes you posted about carrying over the witchcraft school effects to all magic schools (must have the title to gain the extra effects)

MATCH the grind & front loading between archery+ sub skills and magic school+sub skills.

Reply #3
(25+1+0+0)/4=6.5
yeah... no thanks...

Anyway if you have 25 + 1 + 0 + 0 = then you have no spells trained now, only if not meditate it

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
I'd rather have all subskills at 100 on unlock and increased gains on spells.

MMO needs feeling that you level your character. With your suggestion i could just spam bolt 24/7 for a month to level all my spells. And i believe that would be the fastest way to achieve that... fun.

Reply #5
If you have not noticed, highter lvl spells provide more skillgains than bolt. So mixing of spells will be more effective in skillgain way than bolt spamming. But still, PvE is mostly bolt spamming anyway

Reply #6
I'd rather have all subskills at 100 on unlock and increased gains on spells.

MMO needs feeling that you level your character. With your suggestion i could just spam bolt 24/7 for a month to level all my spells. And i believe that would be the fastest way to achieve that... fun.
Would make the grind for mages equal to melee. Completely agree.
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Garbage Men

Reply #7
One should have quests available to increase their skills as a choise. More engaging than current leveling. Quest to get title and quest chain to level spells/subskills in that school, up to 50 at least. Harder quests for higher skills, including killing dragons, krakens, shadow knights, etc, whatever that is not so easy or req more ppl.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #8
One should have quests available to increase their skills as a choise. More engaging than current leveling. Quest to get title and quest chain to level spells/subskills in that school, up to 50 at least. Harder quests for higher skills, including killing dragons, krakens, shadow knights, etc, whatever that is not so easy or req more ppl.
That would be cool.

Reply #9
Smell like UW prowess points))))

Reply #10
Smell like UW prowess points))))
No, smells like mmorpg with an optional storyline and optional engaging paths (called quests). We are talking about ability to increase the skill by a x value with a quest. Not about getting skill to 100 without the need of  ever using it.
  • Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 11:42:12 am by wildNothing

Reply #11
If you have not noticed, highter lvl spells provide more skillgains than bolt. So mixing of spells will be more effective in skillgain way than bolt spamming. But still, PvE is mostly bolt spamming anyway

This isnt true. Lvl 32 gardoroc, stand behind corner. Macro bolt and health to mana. You cant beat that for gains.

Reply #12

This isnt true. Lvl 32 gardoroc, stand behind corner. Macro bolt and health to mana. You cant beat that for gains.

I mean spell lvl. r100 provide more gain than bolt

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
actually i like their idea of making all magic progression like WC and linked to subskills
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.