Skip to main content

Topic: Shadow Knight (Read 1238 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Shadow Knight
Reply #60
Great wildnothing, it works when theres <500 players that want thick leather and snowhide.
Now try it with 5000 players, how do you like that spawn scaling?
Oh, you get fuck all reward and thats what this is about....well, fuck having an active population anyway because clearly everything is perfect right now and if you want to unburden the dev's you should really hope activity doesnt pick up because the demand would greatly increase while the supply probably just drops...at the very least relatively...
IF there are 5000 people playing and IF the demand is much higher than supply then that would mean that people would wear lower level gear and that high end gear would be even rarer. Nothing else. Stop crying.

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #61
....what about wood, iron, cloth, leather...
Those just magically keep being made.
I mean, wood and iron you maybe have enough from city nodes and random harvesting...
Try leather and cloth, when most spawns are leveld up a lot to the point of LOSING materials to kill them because they have a ton of health and deal way more damage to players...and there's way more of them doing said damage....

I guess we got starter weapons and armor has always been optional.
Never knew Van Darkholme was showing the path all along.

Reply #62
....what about wood, iron, cloth, leather...
Those just magically keep being made.
I mean, wood and iron you maybe have enough from city nodes and random harvesting...
Try leather and cloth, when most spawns are leveld up a lot to the point of LOSING materials to kill them because they have a ton of health and deal way more damage to players...and there's way more of them doing said damage....

I guess we got starter weapons and armor has always been optional.
Never knew Van Darkholme was showing the path all along.
even lower level gear then, as it requires less iron/leather/cloth. As I said - stop fucking crying for them to adjust EVERYTHING for you. It's ridiculous. Adjust to the game.
  • Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 08:46:54 pm by wildNothing

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #63
People want to play the game, not be forced to gear up in shitty equipment because there's literally no materials to make anything better. Having said shitty equipment means you get even less efficient farming trips, earning even less income.

There's a spiral there somewhere, and saying its ok to hit rockbottom because we arent meant to be critical of the current situation is very poor judgement.

This is feedback, on a very real issue with spawn scaling returns and possible output of certain material types.
Some high end materials may be too high, but as population grows the lower end will be threatend aswell.

Take it as a warning, throw it aside like you seem to do all remarks these days, call me out for crying.
But there's only one emotion for this post, and its frustration with these forums and ubergames in general.
Nothing really new there though, but sometimes i just cant help myself from posting...

Reply #64
Their logic is you are much safer with 20 and get better skill ups, im not sure I fully agree with the logic but I do see it.

Reply #65
People want to play the game, not be forced to gear up in shitty equipment because there's literally no materials to make anything better.
This is exactly what we need. What darkfall always needed. Higher demand than supply. It's not like nods disappear, they do not. It's just a matter of time people spend on them. Now the way gathering looks in darkfall is a problem, As it's super boring and time consuming. They should think about it. But other than that the scenario you presented sounds actually great to me. It looks the more guys like you cry the better the game becomes (the more it's different from shallow dfo).
  • Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 09:41:01 pm by wildNothing

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #66
Their logic is you are much safer with 20 and get better skill ups, im not sure I fully agree with the logic but I do see it.

Really, last time i was in a level 20 spawn we had people dieing to monsters, needing tons more team heals and my stat situation was far worse than when i solo farm.
Ofcourse, a single guy jumping 20 isnt likely to get a whole lot done while he would kill me while im solo...
But if 20 man farming sessions become the norm...wouldnt 10 man raiding groups be aswell?

And yes wildnothing, you are exactly right...im crying, im wrong in everything and the game is going the perfect direction as it has been since the day ubergames took over. No mistakes were made during the production of this game, ever.

Also, stop crying about the harvesting man...its fine
  • Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 09:08:51 pm by Nuyur

Reply #67

Really, last time i was in a level 20 spawn we had people dieing to monsters, needing tons more team heals and my stat situation was far worse than when i solo farm.
Ofcourse, a single guy jumping 20 isnt likely to get a whole lot done while he would kill me while im solo...
But if 20 man farming sessions become the norm...wouldnt 10 man raiding groups be aswell?

And yes wildnothing, you are exactly right...im crying, im wrong in everything and the game is going the perfect direction as it has been since the day ubergames took over. No mistakes were made during the production of this game, ever.

Also, stop crying about the harvesting man...its fine

So you define safer as against the mob?

Wtf....

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #68
No, but if 2/20 people are dead by monsters they wont be fighting in PvP
If im almost out of stam because i need to heal so much, i wont do a whole lot in PvP
If we get sandwiched between a level 20 mob spawn (soon level 30) and 10 enemy players, its not going to go well is it?

That safety in numbers doesnt translate into actual game situations...
Solo farming when 10 man raiding groups are the norm is ofc worse, but its not like safe is the word id use for it.
You get a shot at winning, instead of just getting zerged...

Reply #69
-SG of Garbage Men (Wolf/Ork)
Always recruiting new and old players.

Reply #70
https://youtu.be/0GAh0iLyO9k

That isnt one group that is a shit ton of randoms half semi afk.