Skip to main content

Topic: Shadow Knight (Read 1845 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Shadow Knight
Reply #45
are Shadow Knights weak  to Undead Slayer?

Reply #46
I've actually never tried slayer enchants versus Shadow Knights. But I've always thought of them as some kind of construct (because Acid works better than Holy against them, which is more akin to golems)

If someone does try Undeadslayer and Golemslayer against SK, please report back.

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #47
are Shadow Knights weak  to Undead Slayer?

They're golems iirc

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #48
While it is an annoying mob to kill (Which mob isn't? Who actually enjoys DF PvE?), the annoyance is severely compensated for with accessibility. Robes have the easiest attainable R60 armor material where as the other three materials are isolated in far corners; Snow Hide on Nifl, Fiend Claw on Yssam, Dragon Bone on Ruby (with one small spawn near the middle as the odd one out).

Shadow Veil/Knights have literally 20 different spawns all over mainland.

Making these mobs easier to solo IS a fair request, but then so would be the request to add more sources of the other materials.
Proud member of TD.

Reply #49
but then so would be the request to add more sources of the other materials.
Another post that shows that you do not understand concept of DND. We need more mats localized, not less.

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #50
Another post that shows that you do not understand concept of DND. We need more mats localized, not less.

Then by your logic Shadow Knights should be removed from post parts of the map, solving a total of 0 problems relevant to actual players, and adding one more problem.

All this over-localisation doesn't work. Either make markets global so people have a reason to farm and sell shit, or make resources more attainable. This double wombo combo of local-all-the-things is part of the reason New Dawn is still in floptown.

But you know, stay stubborn. There is a new game coming and you know what? It has local banking, with... wait for it... Global markets. Its like other developers have common sense! Imagine that, and then imagine where ND will be when that game launches.
  • Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 02:53:33 pm by Raap
Proud member of TD.

Reply #51

Then by your logic Shadow Knights should be removed from post parts of the map, solving a total of 0 problems relevant to actual players, and adding one more problem.

All this over-localisation doesn't work. Either make markets global so people have a reason to farm and sell shit, or make resources more attainable. This double wombo combo of local-all-the-things is part of the reason New Dawn is still in floptown.

But you know, stay stubborn. There is a new game coming and you know what? It has local banking, with... wait for it... Global markets. Its like other developers have common sense! Imagine that, and then imagine where ND will be when that game launches.
Yes, high end materials were supposed to be localized (so this includes shadow knights). Obvious oversight by @Ub3rgames .

Localization is the only reason dnd still has more players than roa, despite dnd devs not patching nor communicating for months. All you suggest is to make RoA (everything global with instant travel) out of dnd (localized version). Fuck off already and go play roa. If you are not banned there yet.
  • Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 03:49:36 pm by wildNothing

Reply #52
Localization would need surplus to work.

If snow hide or vortex rune is only on niff, it would need to drop enough to supply the clan that lives there and have enough surplus to trade for yssam fiend claw, ruby taint, cairn minitor horn.

But at this time is only drops enough for INDIVIDUAL supply. Farming as a clan dramatically reduces the material per player per hour.

The system is completely fucked and ub3r development speed and stubbornness will ultimately result in this never being fixed.
85% /s

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #53
^^^Pretty much this^^^
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #54

If snow hide or vortex rune is only on niff, it would need to drop enough to supply the clan that lives there and have enough surplus to trade for yssam fiend claw, ruby taint, cairn minitor horn.

But at this time is only drops enough for INDIVIDUAL supply. Farming as a clan dramatically reduces the material per player per hour.

The system is completely fucked and ub3r development speed and stubbornness will ultimately result in this never being fixed.
Total bullshit. I spent few days on niff 2 months ago and ended up with supply of crafted snowhide that serves me till this day (and still have more). Simply do not use it every day and when I use it I do not use full snow hide sets. This is end game gear. Stop fucking crying for devs to adjust EVERYTHING to serve you. Nothing worst than grown ups acting like bitchy children.

Are you intelligent? Then find a way to play the game ffs.

EDIT: I also bought close to thousand thick leather from someone within your ally. This is what happens when someone lives there. There is surplus. So stop crying/lying.
  • Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 05:29:18 pm by wildNothing

Reply #55
he can always top it :)

Reply #56

Total bullshit. I spent few days on niff 2 months ago and ended up with supply of crafted snowhide that serves me till this day (and still have more). Simply do not use it every day and when I use it I do not use full snow hide sets. This is end game gear. Stop fucking crying for devs to adjust EVERYTHING to serve you. Nothing worst than grown ups acting like bitchy children.

Are you intelligent? Then find a way to play the game ffs.

EDIT: I also bought close to thousand thick leather from someone within your ally. This is what happens when someone lives there. There is surplus. So stop crying/lying.

I'll knock out the easy one first.
Thick leather was buffed last patch with skinning changes. This material is in surplus even though prices are high.

On your niff trip, you spent a few, 3?4? And how many hours strictly farming snow hide?
You say you aren't wearing full snowhide sets, you you assume a few chest pieces are what everyone wants? What is your surplus to trade in those few days for other materials?

Now the part you ignored. A clan established in an area to control a resource. What's your experience with group farm drop rates for gear and surplus?
It doesn't exist. It's terrible.

You mainly play solo and honestly shit works just okay for that.

Dragon bone? Awful drops. Group farm unbelievably worse.
Group farm shadow knights? Awful drops.

So cherry pick thick leather all you want. Drop rates and surplus are fucking broken.
85% /s

Reply #57
I'll knock out the easy one first.
Thick leather was buffed last patch with skinning changes. This material is in surplus even though prices are high.

On your niff trip, you spent a few, 3?4? And how many hours strictly farming snow hide?
You say you aren't wearing full snowhide sets, you you assume a few chest pieces are what everyone wants? What is your surplus to trade in those few days for other materials?

Now the part you ignored. A clan established in an area to control a resource. What's your experience with group farm drop rates for gear and surplus?
It doesn't exist. It's terrible.

You mainly play solo and honestly shit works just okay for that.

Dragon bone? Awful drops. Group farm unbelievably worse.
Group farm shadow knights? Awful drops.

So cherry pick thick leather all you want. Drop rates and surplus are fucking broken.
Another one pushing for old dfo/roa direction.
Have it occurred to you that maybe that's how it is supposed to be? For high end gear to be rare? That makes game interesting and not everyone running in high end gear like in original dfo. Also for people to sell thick leather snowhide must be harder to get so it costs much more.

Harder does not mean impossible. As I said, I spent few days on niffle (1,5h a day farm) and have snowhide for my needs for months. Wear mostly thick with few snowhide pieces (or chest) from time to time. This is not rocket sience. Not every resource in the game must be easy obtainable. What is wrong with you guys? It's like you cried your brains out.
  • Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 07:12:51 pm by wildNothing

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #58
Great wildnothing, it works when theres <500 players that want thick leather and snowhide.
Now try it with 5000 players, how do you like that spawn scaling?
Oh, you get fuck all reward and thats what this is about....well, fuck having an active population anyway because clearly everything is perfect right now and if you want to unburden the dev's you should really hope activity doesnt pick up because the demand would greatly increase while the supply probably just drops...at the very least relatively...

Reply #59
Not agreeing with current situation means wanting dfi/roa? Haha. That's just stupid.

You continue to ignore the major issue.
If i farm material with 1 or 2 people, i am wealthier per person per hour than farming with 20 people.

Should i go into the other glaring issues darkfall has that i want changed (that dfo and roa don't. Also, roa had mob drop gear.. why bring this game up?).

End game gear is purely based on the ability to not uninstall while waiting for mobs to respawn. 15+minute respawn timers IS NOT BALANCE. Bone exarchs are by far the easiest mob to kill and it drops end game gear.

But no.. let's all pretend we're content. Complaining means we're babies who want to be handed stuff.

Bring 5 to a dragon, not a bad time. Bring 6? Spawn doubles and it's a 5 hour /wrists time.

Shit isn't balanced. Shit isn't balanced. Shit isn't balanced.

But keep waiting on feature patches instead of them fixing what we have. Great idea.
85% /s