Skip to main content

Topic: Shadow Knight (Read 1240 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Shadow Knight
Reply #30
83 archmage only!?  To the dungeon with you....

Reply #31
83 archmage only!?  To the dungeon with you....

Well im hybrid so i have PA mastery and sharpshooter too as well as necro, hybrids are a huge grind.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #32
buffs have been contingent on armor/current staff and encumbrance since the "toggle buff" patch around the time the "armor patch" came out during indev.

Another grain of salt added
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #33
Ye but SomeBK, that doesnt matter if you just play the game enough.
Clearly, as a mere casual who read those patch notes, i dont know what it feels like in the game.
The fact the system does work that way, would have eluded me had i just played hours and hours every day.

If you drop all the magnitude bonus from equipment, title (i actually have like -6% magic), and arent near maxed in a school your results may vary.

I actually took the time to log into the game just to get my numbers, because my guess of 1-2 points is based on the last time i fought earth elementals and figured acid shield would help me greatly. (spoiler alert, it doesnt if you are in leather gear because you are still getting hit for a lot). I self buffed for 1.82, so yes...getting hit for 31 instead of 33 really didnt do a whole lot.

Base piercing protection in my shitty pve bag, 8.81
Base infliction in my...ah right you never have resistances against that no matter what you wear, 0

Using stone skin, i go to 11.01 piercing with my bow out. Thats 2.2 resistances.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Now...if i go heavier that number goes down. Ofcourse...my actual resistances would be going up because the buff is pretty shitty if you arent a mage.

I can get 2.31 infliction with the buff on using my bow. Thats 2.31 for all the math hero's out there.
Now going heavier here ofcourse wouldnt help me, but...thats still almost half of the enchant you could have had on the ring.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tell me again how the self buff isnt HALF the fucking enchant.
And...how even in a physical set that leaves me with just 21 magic encumb this is going to remain even remotely usefull compared to actually gearing up in like thick leather or above.

Now ofcourse, i could use a feather enchant to help push it down a little...
But the game really doesnt like it when heavies use buffs...they drain more mana than they reward you because the mana drain is equal but the ammount of damage you negate is far far below that of a mage...so...its beyond the point of being worth it unless you are literally getting shafted and you cant spend all your mana anyway before you die.

Which...isnt what you should be aiming for in PvE

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #34
So which is worse?

The supposed misinformed individual who doesn't care to play for hours yet tries to partake in combat/pve balancing discussions?

Or

The guy avidly playing the game wearing his tinfoil hat waiting on "race wars" or "watch towers" who must be right?

It's like sometimes why even bother? Then I realize how balls deep these guys are and how I don't want the game being directed in shitty ways because of them.
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #35
Dont worry bro, when watchtowers and racial war fronts are patched into the game there will be a ton of returning casual players that these guys who play a ton are so busy hunting them they wont have time to post on the forums.

I mean, i dont get why they would return. I can promise you that after the "oh something new"-hype after basicly every CONTENT patch...it will very quickly go into a "fml the tower got rekt again at off hours (note, within a 8 hour siege window still leaves plenty of time where i cant sit around waiting for a fight to happen at a tower anywhere we've build one, because it only takes like 15 min to rek one)". After which, just like the skinning title early on, you feel like its not worth spending time in that area unless you have it up.
You feel without the tower you dont want to do anything. You burn out rebuilding towers to actually get to play the game.

Not sure on warfronts, but if none of the mobility concerns voiced on the boards get taken into consideration you will see far more players complaining they cannot catch or get away from a fight. Which leads to even more lost gear bags, more time wasted, all to get a fight you 99% cannot win, and when you do you get to loot a 2.5k gear bag (extrav robe) vs the 5k gear bag you lose (studded+leather).

Now, not to drag all the things into this...but its all the things...

*note, prices taken from our internal market. They are subject to change and certaintly dont reflect the entire world economy.
But i honestly havnt looked much into market places because it takes time to
1, get to a market.
2, find what city actually has the things you need.
3, get to said cities.
4, ride way the fuck back to where you actually wanted to do something.

Which would be worth it, if i could buy like 50 bags at once and do it one time every few months...
But instead you get to maybe buy 2-3 bags, meaning you gotta do it all again next week.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #36
Dont worry bro, when watchtowers and racial war fronts are patched into the game there will be a ton of returning casual players that these guys who play a ton are so busy hunting them they wont have time to post on the forums.

I mean, i dont get why they would return. I can promise you that after the "oh something new"-hype after basicly every CONTENT patch...it will very quickly go into a "fml the tower got rekt again at off hours (note, within a 8 hour siege window still leaves plenty of time where i cant sit around waiting for a fight to happen at a tower anywhere we've build one, because it only takes like 15 min to rek one)". After which, just like the skinning title early on, you feel like its not worth spending time in that area unless you have it up.
You feel without the tower you dont want to do anything. You burn out rebuilding towers to actually get to play the game.

Not sure on warfronts, but if none of the mobility concerns voiced on the boards get taken into consideration you will see far more players complaining they cannot catch or get away from a fight. Which leads to even more lost gear bags, more time wasted, all to get a fight you 99% cannot win, and when you do you get to loot a 2.5k gear bag (extrav robe) vs the 5k gear bag you lose (studded+leather).

Now, not to drag all the things into this...but its all the things...

*note, prices taken from our internal market. They are subject to change and certaintly dont reflect the entire world economy.
But i honestly havnt looked much into market places because it takes time to
1, get to a market.
2, find what city actually has the things you need.
3, get to said cities.
4, ride way the fuck back to where you actually wanted to do something.

Which would be worth it, if i could buy like 50 bags at once and do it one time every few months...
But instead you get to maybe buy 2-3 bags, meaning you gotta do it all again next week.
You pretty much described the "fine print" that needs to be inserted under every post that says "Game is fine", "Skillbooks are ez to get", "There's no tedium, it's just content"

Reply #37
It's really awesome that you two have found each other.  Most people go their entire lives without finding "the one".

However, I'll gently note that you're going a ways off topic.  Although it's SomeBK's French-given right to share his opinion on Warfronts in literally every single thread, I'd just like to summarize:

Yep, looks like Stoneskin and Infliction Shield are indeed weaker than decent enchants.  But will probably still help out given that enchanted jewellery is no longer a thing.  Good luck hunting those knights!

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #38
Toggle on Stoneskin and Infliction Shield with a slow staff, and it should be close to what Enchanted jewellery would have given you.

You were also wrong...not only on howmuch it buffs but also that the buffing with a slow staff helps anything.
But sure, lets gloss over the details because the things wrong with the game seem to tie into eachother more than the features are meant to.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #39
Oh no, poor Rim feels picked on all because two people that play the game so very little know more about it than his joke ass. At least when I chime into every thread, I'm keeping the clowns like you honest. At least learn the fucking game before trying to talk balance of give any input.

And this is why even if we had patches every two weeks, the game would still be where it's at because we're catering to these types. At least during the inDev the "yes men" were versed in the game and roadmap.

Reply #40
You sound mad!!  Would you like a cookie?

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #41
You sound mad!!  Would you like a cookie?
Already got one from my proud daddy after I told him how bad I trashed you.

Thanks though!!!!

Reply #42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq78KeMDGgk

Is that even efficient?  It felt like it took you for ever to kill those shadow-knighs.

Reply #43

Is that even efficient?  It felt like it took you for ever to kill those shadow-knighs.

We're clearing the spawn at lvl4 with downtime between spawns.

What's sad is his individual loot in that video is probably the same as the split loot over time.

So even if it took him time solo, group farming is such shit that he is winning
-SG of Garbage Men (Wolf/Ork)
Always recruiting new and old players.

Reply #44

We're clearing the spawn at lvl4 with downtime between spawns.

What's sad is his individual loot in that video is probably the same as the split loot over time.

So even if it took him time solo, group farming is such shit that he is winning

OK nice. I'm glad that i've seen this video. I'll know what to do now when the time will come...