Skip to main content

Topic: Shadow Knight (Read 1843 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Shadow Knight
Reply #15
back in the day i could clear a whole shadowknight camp with acid 1 hander and battlehorn. Is that still possible?

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
back in the day i could clear a whole shadowknight camp with acid 1 hander and battlehorn. Is that still possible?
I did it during inDev along with the khamset cave. When they added some type of HP buff to mobs the first month of launch, I no longer could do the khamset cave on a battlehorn. I'm really interested if someone can do shadow knights on a battlehorn now
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

• Bunny
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
Used to do them with acid knives in fp, tho I used to rely on jewellery for infliction, slashing and piercing protections and don't know how good it works without them, and rejuv pots to deal with the dot damage.

Reply #18
Toggle on Stoneskin and Infliction Shield with a slow staff, and it should be close to what Enchanted jewellery would have given you.

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
Toggle on Stoneskin and Infliction Shield with a slow staff, and it should be close to what Enchanted jewellery would have given you.

ya just grind those 2 spellschools first

new player? uninstall instead

Reply #20
New players aren't farming Shadowknights, solo or otherwise. But you be you, girl.

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
I love how Rimamok doesnt know that going from staff to anything else removes the magnitude from the equation.
You could use self buffs with your dawn staff and they'd give you the same magnitude when using your melee weapon or bow.
Even with a staff, you only get the spell magnitude bonus of the CURRENT used staff, not the one you casted them with...

So ye...if you think 1-2 points of protection equals the 4 you get from enchantment...i guess math works differently in DnD.
And yes, thats the magnitude i get when self buffing in leather equipment...Id hate to think what a full metal actually gets to keep with all the encumb going into it.

Reply #22
You bring a Extrav Robe and wear it before you buff and hunt the Knights.

To the best of my knowledge the self buffs do NOT change value when gear is swapped.  Would love to hear someone prove otherwise with actual testing.

Even with all melee-archer titles I still get over 3.5 on Stoneskin.  But you go ahead and keep pulling numbers like 1-2 out of your ass.

Reply #23
Self buffs are scaled based on whats in hand, with staves giving bonus magnitude based on stave magnitude and gear, where weapons and bows are all just the baseline for the buff and unchanged no matter the weapon or bow.

So for example in my hybrid set ( head chest arms shoulders and elbows gbone, legs boots girdle and legs tleather, fp gloves 19.7 encumb with enchant) my arrow protection is 9.84. Buffed with a weapon its 13.3 with a blackbolt its 13.4 with a q3 ds its 14.3 with a q4 corpse its also 14.3 (i guess it caps at a point so you can only gain 1 point from stave mag)

• Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 09:46:51 pm by Mycke

Reply #24
Very interesting.  So how does encumbrance work?  If I cast Stoneskin while wearing metal and Unburdened, will it be weaker or just as strong as if I put on a robe, self-buffed, then swapped back to metal?

Reply #25
Very interesting.  So how does encumbrance work?  If I cast Stoneskin while wearing metal and Unburdened, will it be weaker or just as strong as if I put on a robe, self-buffed, then swapped back to metal?

Its based on what you have on at the time so if your gear improves your magic mag it will improve the buff, but changing gear will change the effect its all based on exactly whats equiped.

Reply #26
Any idea if that only includes Magnitude bonuses such as a robe and staff?  Or are encumbrance penalties also applied?

Reply #27
Any idea if that only includes Magnitude bonuses such as a robe and staff?  Or are encumbrance penalties also applied?

I traded out my feather chest for a non feather

0 magic encumb: base arrow 9.84 with buff and weapon 13.3 (+3.45) with bb 13.4 (+3.55) with q3 ds 14.3 (+4.45)
12 magic encumb: Base arrow 10 with buff and weapon 13.3 (+3.3) with bb 13.3 (+3.3) with q3 ds 14.3 (+4.3)

So as you can see encumb effects a little by reducing your mag but the baseline effect is still pretty high.

Reply #28
Great testing Mycke!  Thanks for that, I'm not playing all long weekend and it would have gnawed at me. ;)

I like how it leaves some long-term progression in the game, even for a melee-archer.  The impact of Intensify on self-buffs will be minor overall, but it gives me goals once my melee and archery skills are capped.
  • Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 10:10:16 pm by Rimamok

Reply #29
Great testing Mycke!  Thanks for that, I'm not playing all long weekend and it would have gnawed at me. ;)

I like how it leaves some long-term progression in the game, even for a melee-archer.  The impact of Intensify on self-buffs will be minor overall, but it gives me goals once my melee and archery skills are capped.

yes I am an air mage with 100 arrow shield and 100 intensify 100 int 83 archmage so my baseline is probably on the higher than average side.