Skip to main content

Topic: Active title gain (Read 1088 times) previous topic - next topic

Active title gain
Just some idea's to speed up and make it more fun (title grind)

1) Semi-active way

Rework existed Books to provide small title bonus (gain). Let's say when you faming some melee kind mobs you can find Book of Swordmanship. If you will read it and you have active title Sword you will get bonus to title +2.

In this case you need to add % to drop books to almost ALL mobs. Top lvl mobs must have increased % of drop ~5%. All maps\chests must have a % to drop books.

2) Active way
Bring Consular at chaos city with new QUEST, that will provide in reward Elexir of Gain. After you use this Exelir (can not be used under power hour or power hour can not be used under thie elexir effect) you will have gain to your title, if using "it". It will have time window (like power hour) for ~1h. When you use 2h sword under this effect you will gain some points of 2h sword title. Same mechanic like normal skill gain (harder mob - more gain). ~2points for 1h (in good case) will be OK.

Like an result with active way it will be possible to max title in 1m (1.6 per day passive + 2 per day max active = +3.6 per day 27 day to max)

With semi-active way it will be more viable to everyone to do "respect" and this respec will be not so fast, not instant but it will be less tedium and less harmfull (when you will be not in the line for ~1m minimum before your title reach signatures and some - will be anigilated by +)

In same time with any of this or both solutions there will be no need to rework signatures unlock speed plus it will force more players to go outside of city and do active PvE, group PvE

Re: Active title gain
Reply #1
I like both suggestions (the book idea a bit more, actually, since it could create a market for them and could be a good way to respec faster if you have enough book/money to read through)

Reply #2
Seriously, I want to include a different title on my build but i sont want to be gimp in pvp for two months due to that.

Reply #3
how does up to 6% less potency make you gimp? If you're better, you'll win
Chances of finding someone who's exactly at your skill level and wins by a fraction of HP exactly because of your new title are ... slim to none.

PS I'm not against speeding up title leveling speed. I actually think Mantra's suggestion(s) aren't bad. But saying you can't change a title as you'd be gimp in PvP is just crap and an excuse
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #4
This kind of system is actually something we have been discussing internally.
As we've said prior to launch, we're open to expensive ways of impacting titles, but it has to remain a commitment.
It would also be part of adding extra motivation for certain mob types or specific activities, which is one of our current focus.
However, it is lower priority over other more pressing changes.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #5
@Wyverex

Because in many cases the title level unlocks skills. In magic it helps 2ndary effects greately. It isnt just 6% damage we're talking here.

@Ub3rgames

A blind commitment isn't conducive to good fun IMO. If you're set on this, maybe unlock sig spells @ 1 & 5 title level. The truth is we read a lot of your descriptions, finally get the skill, and it doesn't work that way. New players have no idea what each school plays like, what weapons feel like, how far a seize is, etc..

This is an example:
https://puu.sh/Aq849/1983706cba.png

I took witchcraft and water title originally hoping spell curse debuffed for water's slow spell. It does not.

Reply #6
Strange, coz it is was so all the time. Each debuff after Spell curse become stronger, not a big differance but still. Aswell as if you will be bugged on Malediction, all debuffs will have lower effect on you

Reply #7
@Maximiliuss Yes, you unlock abilities at Day 3 and Day 15. But saying "gimped for 2 months" is a lot longer than "gimped for 15 days", and even then - 6% of anything (damage + secondary effects + cast speed) will not make a difference in most situations.

As I said, I wouldn't mind seeing titles level up faster. I'd even prefer if signature abilities were unlocked at Days 3 / 6 / 9 over 3 / 15 / 30.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #8
This thread belongs in the suggestion forum.

In reply to suggestion;  ok, so what happens when people farm up tons of books to keep for themselves for a later date.  I don't see this working very well in the long run.

A counter suggestion would be some unique item or ability similar to power hour that everyone can charge/activate/pay-a-npc-trainer every few days or so that increases the speed in which a title levels up.  (Just using a rng drop lootable book doesnt cut it)  brainstorming off top of my head here.  Potentially a weekly repeatable quest reward or rare frop from a treasure map.  Something less exploitable than a mob drop book.

Reply #9
This thread belongs in the suggestion forum.

In reply to suggestion;  ok, so what happens when people farm up tons of books to keep for themselves for a later date.  I don't see this working very well in the long run.

Add lifetime for such kind of item. Let's say 1m after it was dropped item will be self destructed

Reply #10
Titles are literally perfect. There is nothing wrong with them. The game is fine. All it needs is population.

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

Reply #11
Are you already so bored with the boomingly populated RoA that you missed having someone at least replying to your trolling Seronys (since their forums are a barren wasteland as much as the game)? :-D

Reply #12
Are you already so bored with the boomingly populated RoA that you missed having someone at least replying to your trolling Seronys (since their forums are a barren wasteland as much as the game)? :-D

You mean exactly like DND's ?
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

Reply #13
@Maximiliuss Yes, you unlock abilities at Day 3 and Day 15. But saying "gimped for 2 months" is a lot longer than "gimped for 15 days", and even then - 6% of anything (damage + secondary effects + cast speed) will not make a difference in most situations.

As I said, I wouldn't mind seeing titles level up faster. I'd even prefer if signature abilities were unlocked at Days 3 / 6 / 9 over 3 / 15 / 30.

I want to switch from Melee archer to Mage but im NOT waiting 15 days to unlock vitally important spells with zero active ways to speed it up

Reply #14

I want to switch from Melee archer to Mage but im NOT waiting 15 days to unlock vitally important spells with zero active ways to speed it up

It will not help you, you are ultra bad in PvP....