Skip to main content

Topic: Darkfall Guide (Read 735 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Darkfall Guide
Reply #15
@Jacca "Am I supposed to dig through the patch notes for this nonsense ?"

Yes. That's what your supposed to do, thats why guides are hard to write and nobody has done it yet. And if you had, all the answers are in there on 99% of the stuff you just winged it on.

@dariobrun [above] ya, I'm the asshole. Because DnD isn't confusing enough, we need more people like jacca to muddy the waters even more. Seriously lol wtf.

Edit- and 99% of my hostility came from the fact this is the guide section, not general chat where it's opinion vs opinion. Guides take effort
  • Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 02:30:35 pm by Ivar_theBoneless

Reply #16
@Ivar_theBoneless
stop being a dumb cunt.

AOE = area of effect

meele AOE is just not 360 degrees.

Go have several people stand in front of you and swing with a pole arm.

I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #17
@Ivar_theBoneless we're still waiting to see your so much better guide...oh wait, you'll find new excuses to tell us why you won't be doing it.

P.s: the fact that you felt the need to add that [above] you when replying to me is, well....pathetic? sad? Don't know how to define it actually....surely i am sad for you

Reply #18
@Ivar_theBoneless
stop being a dumb cunt.

AOE = area of effect

Shhh don't tell him that a "pie shape" (quoting from his own reply) actually have an area, thus confirming that melee are Area Of Effect attacks...,it might break him to know that :D

Reply #19
to very very helpful (human's food dura...

This is epic buff, this is the best buff ever in any game ever released, you can use your 1 minute food and turn the tables on other guy in PvP as you eat less, while also reducing your potential loss cost because he will also use only 1 minute food exclusively so you will always have an edge if the fight lasts more than 1 minute.

WTS berries to humans 5k each.

Or you can buy/craft better food and this becomes the shittiest racial perk in PvP.

For PvE budget farming the buff is good.

Also...

Higher GROUND is a superb combat bonus, higher character model is marginal bonus on long range but "aim" negative on close non-AoE spell combat because you now have to use vertical movement so your precision suffers for human reasons more than you gain for being very slightly higher.

Reply #20
First of all, well written guide. Its nice someone is spending time to make guides, we need more of this!
Ignore the haters, they are just bored and will throw shit at anything that can create drama.
One thing thou, dont use math to try to prove your theories if you are not 100% sure your numbers are correct. It will just trigger people.
One example is saying that the ray range of mahirims is lower than the one of alfars.
Example:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
  • Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 11:43:40 pm by KrajRoz123asd123qweqaz

Reply #21
@Ivar_theBoneless
stop being a dumb cunt.

AOE = area of effect

Hey it's the whole crew!

An AoE hits the whole area at the same time, your swing has a starting point and an ending point. It's what allows you circle 8'ing fighting around somebody to hit them in the back at the end of your swing if you swing back around in time to get their back.

It's what allowed whiz to do his polearm AIDS, he's turning as he triggers the start of his swing. Most weapons are too fast that if it happens you don't even notice, it's fairly easy to see with pole arms and you can test this on mobs. Click swing and then turn toward the direction of the mob.
@Ivar_theBoneless we're still waiting to see your so much better guide...oh wait, you'll find new excuses to tell us why you won't be doing it.

P.s: the fact that you felt the need to add that [above] you when replying to me is, well....pathetic? sad? Don't know how to define it actually....surely i am sad for you

And this is what I'm talking about, and why I tried to speak to you directly. So now people are reading this thinking melee attacks are AoE's. So you have to explain an already cryptic game and correct any misinformation that jacca gets out there......like for why? What's the point of jacca  doing that? And yet you can't understand that ? and you have to continue to attack me because I pointed out the guy didn't read anything about a game , not even the patch notes for a game he has been playing two months -just decided to write a guide and wing it.

And yes I probably do the first video tutorial Saturday. I've actually been playing a lot of rust with my limited free time

@KrajecRoz123asd I wasn't trying to create drama, reading a guide were 90% of the things are incorrect or made up was very irritating. If he had responded to my first post with "yeah I didn't know, I'll read the actual patch notes" you know he's actually trying , instead he just continues to bullshit his way through it. Those people do more harm than good
  • Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 02:31:32 am by Ivar_theBoneless

Reply #22
And this is what I'm talking about, and why I tried to speak to you directly. So now people are reading this thinking melee attacks are AoE's. So you have to explain an already cryptic game and correct any misinformation that jacca gets out there......like for why? What's the point of jacca  doing that? And yet you can't understand that ? and you have to continue to attack me because I pointed out the guy didn't read anything about a game , not even the patch notes for a game he has been playing two months -just decided to write a guide and wing it.

And yes I probably do the first video tutorial Saturday. I've actually been playing a lot of rust with my limited free time
The problem is not pointing out if there are errors in a guide....the point is that you did it treating him like shit and insulting him and his work....but if you can't see the problem here, neither me nor anyone else can do anything about it...i guess it just goes down to intelligence and having a good education.

Can't wait for people to throw some random insults and flame you when you do the tutorial...i wanna see your reactions then...maybe there is a slim chance you'll understand the difference between telling someone he made some mistakes and giving him suggestions on how to improve it and just being a dickhead

Reply #23

The problem is not pointing out if there are errors in a guide....the point is that you did it treating him like shit and insulting him and his work....but if you can't see the problem here, neither me nor anyone else can do anything about it...i guess it just goes down to intelligence and having a good education.

Can't wait for people to throw some random insults and flame you when you do the tutorial...i wanna see your reactions then...maybe there is a slim chance you'll understand the difference between telling someone he made some mistakes and giving him suggestions on how to improve it and just being a dickhead

If you read my first post all I did was ask him if he actually played the fucking game........... it wasn't until I read the part he's telling people your aim is offset from your hitbox ? and you need to aim higher to extend your melee reach ? Like wtf? that I started adding edits extremely critical because I don't know where he got that from but that's not even remotely correct.

So the part where he's telling people to not do sharp turns because you lose speed even though we don't have inertia in this game is okay with you then?

Edit- Did you guys actually read and think about what he wrote or just see that I attacked him and jumped on me ? Because read it again

Edit 2# - and before somebody says it, mounts have inertia, players bouncing-jumping have inertia, players running on the ground do not have inertia that affects their speed turning-peace I'm out
  • Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 03:45:50 am by Ivar_theBoneless

Reply #24
This is a good theoretical write up, and really there hasn't been much of this to my knowledge, this is something I wanted to explore myself and I think that the Darkfall franchise would benefit a lot from it. Practicality, execution, applicability can always be argued... but deeper study of the game should be done and this is an excellent starting point.

There are a lot of secrets to be learned through this kind of thinking, and sometimes it's hard to part with them... Not sure I could make a write up like this, there's still some things I want to keep in-house.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #25
Good write-up.

Fucking Ivar, lmfao
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #26
We should feed the wiki with this kind of information, this would help out new players for sure...

Seriously we should gather all of the community and start updating it!

http://darkfall-newdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Darkfall:_Newdawn_Wikia

Reply #27
Good write-up.

Fucking Ivar, lmfao

"(human alliance) Their rays have max distance against The Orkish Horde on flat land"

So my ray's as a human have max distance against orcs & wolves greaaaaaat to know. Somebody should put that under humans on the wiki.

Really surprised how much of a dog-shit person you have become because I left SKD. You chase me over to the guide section because I didn't want to be part of your ruby boy band? Go cry into your pillow

It's one thing to argue opinions, its a part of the internet. But game mechanics stated in that you guide you know are wrong suddenly no problem in your eyes.

Edit- This thread is exactly why the game is going to end up total dog shit. Some of the most informed players in the game in this thread, nobody bothers to correct anything. Just tripping over themselves to flame me because I used harsh language on a 80% theory craft guide

• Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 08:05:45 am by Ivar_theBoneless

Reply #28
If you read my first post all I did was ask him if he actually played the fucking game........... it wasn't until I read the part he's telling people your aim is offset from your hitbox ? and you need to aim higher to extend your melee reach ? Like wtf? that I started adding edits extremely critical because I don't know where he got that from but that's not even remotely correct.

So the part where he's telling people to not do sharp turns because you lose speed even though we don't have inertia in this game is okay with you then?

Edit- Did you guys actually read and think about what he wrote or just see that I attacked him and jumped on me ? Because read it again

Edit 2# - and before somebody says it, mounts have inertia, players bouncing-jumping have inertia, players running on the ground do not have inertia that affects their speed turning-peace I'm out
Yes i read your first post and still think that you were just extremely rude with him instead of being of help.
In the second one you just went downhill and in complete dickhead mode.

No one said the guide is perfect; there are errors? sure. It could be improved? yes. Do you have to tell him " Have you even played the fucking game?", "your race description is a complete shit show", "WTF MAN? you playing the game? Jesus Christ. What a shit show guide."? defintely NOT.

As i said, the problem is not the content of what you wrote, you may be even right on most of those points, but your attitude and the way you wrote it? that alone invalidate everything you may say because no one will ever take into account someone being that rude.
In the second post, despite him being (incredibly) calm at replying to you, you replied even worst: "You talk like a first-year student who just took his first computer engineering class", " you clearly have no idea what you're talking talking about", "your guide feel like a troll post.", " if this comes across as hostile it's because you write s***", "people are going to read you're dumb s***".

Edit- This thread is exactly why the game is going to end up total dog shit.
If to you, your replies seem like being constructive and helpful to the community, then it is you that have problem comprehending how to behave with other people.
You can disagree with someone, you can think you could do a better guide, you can think he doesn't know the game well, sure.....but he put a lot of effort in writing that guide (an effort you don't want to waste your time on it seems.....but you took the time to reply to him to tell him how shit was his guide and how clueless he was....) and he, at the very least, deserves RESPECT for the time he spent on writing it. Then, he would/could surely welcome any suggestion on how to improve it and make it more accurate....but yours were not suggestions, were just random insults.

Reply #29

Edit- This thread is exactly why the game is going to end up total dog shit. Some of the most informed players in the game in this thread, nobody bothers to correct anything. Just tripping over themselves to flame me because I used harsh language on a 80% theory craft guide

I am pretty good in my job, sometimes my clients call me just to fix things they did by theyrself and got wrong. Honestly, I don't think they would let me do that if I insult them. You have been very inappropriate and aggressive, dude. Try to understand.

Ps: very cool toon name btw