Skip to main content

Topic: What 1 hander? club,sword or axe?  (Read 306 times) previous topic - next topic

What 1 hander? club,sword or axe?
For pvp and pve, wich 1 hander is best ?

Re: What 1 hander? club,sword or axe?
Reply #1
1h axe if you have the title (for power attack)
1h sword if you don't have any 1h titles (attack speed allows for great dps)
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
1h axe if you're good at landing those power attacks.
1h sword if you're planning to active block+swing a lot.
1h club if you want to wait to 2020 for fixes.

Reply #3
1h sword is a bit faster to hit so it can be easier to do the parry/attack
1h axe is a bit slower but hits harder and, if you can land the power attack consistently, will definitely outdmg other 1h (keep in mind you can also use necro debuffs to lower enemy protections...so the power attack could be "substituted" with spells)
1h blunt....well, right now they just suck like all blunt weapons and are definitely in need of the awaited buff from devs....as it is now, it makes no sense to go with blunts as they have same dmg as a sword (lower) and same speed as an axe (slower)

Reply #4
They think 1h is viable just because devs said so :D:DD:
2h greatsword still the best,morons.

Reply #5

Offensively yes, but for playing defensive 'melee comes to me' 1h and shield has good arguments for being superior.

Reply #6
Club has always been about penetrating heavy armor.  Heavy armor has lower protections against blunt, and I believe it also does more Stam damage?

All theorycrating though, I've never actually put the numbers to the test.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Club has always been about penetrating heavy armor.  Heavy armor has lower protections against blunt, and I believe it also does more Stam damage?

Well a lot of melee users use mostly leather and on leather all physical prots are the same. Same for bone and robes.
There aren't many full heavies out there.

Reply #8
Yes heavy armors have lower blunt protections, so you do more dmg to them with a blunt weapon (even though you don't do THAT much more, considering that blunt have the lowest base dmg and lowest speed), and, no, blunts don't do more stam dmg (they have a stam dmging power attack, but that's it).

The problem, as @gosti said, is that heavy armor as it is now, has too little benefits compared to leathers and, so, there is basically little/no full heavies out there.
At most you will see people with some heavy pieces on their leather set, but that's it...so in the end, you'll have basically the same protections for slash/blunt on 90% of your enemies, but will be using a slower/lower dmging weapon ----> until they finally buff them, they are useless (or until they make heavy armor more viable/on par with medium armor, so that there will be more heavies to fight against).

I tried to use 1hb for months, waiting for the supposed buff and in the end i gave up despite having the title at 100 by then and switched to 1h axe because i was basically gimping myself with blunts (if/when they become decent i will probably go back to blunts because i like the roleplaying idea...but until then, you better avoid blunts)

Reply #9
2h swords ares till the best indeed, but 1h is viable in DND actually, if you are good at parrying/attacking
(mind you, there is even a thread asking for a nerf because 1h are "clearly OP" :-D)