Skip to main content

Topic: Have disabling blow/shot disable shield protections for the duration (Read 196 times) previous topic - next topic

Have disabling blow/shot disable shield protections for the duration
1h+shield is currently meta and you win against all other melee by standing still and holding down mouse1 just because you get the free 5-7 protections from shield without even blocking.

or just nerf 1h weapons so that theres actually a reason to use 2h over 1h. (reach is irrelevant with bigger races)

Re: Have disabling blow/shot disable shield protections for the duration
Reply #1
........ uhhh arc?
Flopfall: New Dawn. Please buy 6 accounts.
SACCADE NEOS -- SIMIRAN

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
How would you disable somebody that only holds mouse1?
Doesnt he actually have to press mouse 2 for this suggestion to ever come into play?

Reply #3
1- 2h swords are still the current meta
2- 2h have better arc and range
3- if you fight against a good meleer, that advantage will negate your atk speed advantage AND you'll struggle hitting him due to the better range
4- no fight happen with 2 people standing still and trading blow so...yes arc and range matter a lot
5- "(reach is irrelevant with bigger races)" --> you know that they changed race reach so now every race has same reach, do you?
6- please, tell me where to find a 7 protection shield since the current best one is 5.5 if i recall well....

Pure DPS wise, yes, probably 1h are better than 2h...but pure DPS is not the only way to measure the efficency, otherwise everyone would only use daggers since they greatly outdmg any other weapon....yet why so few use them in real pvp? yeah the range and arc you claim are so irrelevant....

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
@6
Shredder has 6.75 slashing

Reply #5
as a 2hander you shouldn't hug the hitbox of a 1hander, if you do you're probably a mongoloid123

Reply #6
1- 2h swords are still the current meta
2- 2h have better arc and range
3- if you fight against a good meleer, that advantage will negate your atk speed advantage AND you'll struggle hitting him due to the better range
4- no fight happen with 2 people standing still and trading blow so...yes arc and range matter a lot
5- "(reach is irrelevant with bigger races)" --> you know that they changed race reach so now every race has same reach, do you?
6- please, tell me where to find a 7 protection shield since the current best one is 5.5 if i recall well....

Pure DPS wise, yes, probably 1h are better than 2h...but pure DPS is not the only way to measure the efficency, otherwise everyone would only use daggers since they greatly outdmg any other weapon....yet why so few use them in real pvp? yeah the range and arc you claim are so irrelevant....

5. races do not have the same reach

big race = big hitbox + big reach

small race = small hitbox + small reach, but if using same weapon as big race then both have "same reach"

6. shredder + ench = 8+ slashing

1h user can afford to miss hits even if 2hander hit every time because of shield protections

maybe start playing the game and you will see everyone using 1h sword

the fact that 1h wins all melee WITHOUT EVEN USING BLOCK is already gamebreaking

Reply #7
5.  if using same weapon as big race then both have "same reach"
So....if using the same weapon we hit at the same distance....races don't have same reach....yeah right....
Races used not to have same reach....in DnD they do have. And infact you too say that if using the same weapon they have same reach

The same ench you can put on your armor? so...shredded 6.5 (i admit i missed that and thought the best was 5.75)

1h user can afford to miss hits even if 2hander hit every time because of shield protections
2h user can manage to hit you and avoid being hit by using their reach and arc advantage...if you get your butt hurted by 1h users, well...improve your melee skills then because a good 2h user will hit you a ton more than you hit him if he uses his range advantage

Loool...this is the best one, i have to admit.....in 3 months i have fought against like.....5? people using a 1h and the remaing 99% of the population instead was using a 2h sword (or axe/pole in some cases)....but, yeah, it is me not playing the game :-D
I repeat...you don't have to open a thread crying to nerf something just because you have lost to someone using a 1h....you could try to get better at playing instead

the fact that 1h wins all melee WITHOUT EVEN USING BLOCK is already gamebreaking
let me correct it for you:
"The fact that 1h beaten the shit out of me WITHOUT EVEN USING BLOCK is already gamebreaking, it is not me that suck at melee"

Oh yes...if 2 people stand still without moving the 1h out-dps a 2h....damn this is so gamebreaking!!
Let's not take into account anything else....it is surely the only thing we need to look at to balance stuff!
As i said, i suggest you to try daggers in your fantastic test enviroment...you'll be amazed at how even more OP they are and how they are clearly the new "meta".....they will kill you before you have taken them down to 50%....they definitely are sooo OP: "when we stand still at 1cm distance just left clicking they will destroy me...let's nerf them"

P.s: even if that would have been the case (and it is definitely not). tell me....what differs from the 9-year long meta that has always been in Df with 2h swords being the best of everything? Please, enlighten us on how much more difficult and skilled to use a 2h is compared to a 1h that just "left click spam"....i have surely missed the incredible intricacies of a 2h user that has so many different skills to use....oh wait...you have the same?
So, spamming left click with a 2h and winning is fine and balanced, but spamming left click with a 1h is clearly broken because it is so skillless, right?
Let me guess...it is balanced because you use a 2h, right? :D

Reply #8
5.  if using same weapon as big race then both have "same reach"
So....if using the same weapon we hit at the same distance....races don't have same reach....yeah right....
Races used not to have same reach....in DnD they do have. And infact you too say that if using the same weapon they have same reach

Races DO NOT have the same reach, they can just hit each other at the same time due to different hitbox sizes and reaches. This is why seize is better on a Wolfy.

The same ench you can put on your armor? so...shredded 6.5 (i admit i missed that and thought the best was 5.75)

LOL you realise 1h+s has 3 enchant slots rather than 2? So you can do Slashing Piercing AND Stamina efficiency? xD
2h user can manage to hit you and avoid being hit by using their reach and arc advantage...if you get your butt hurted by 1h users, well...improve your melee skills then because a good 2h user will hit you a ton more than you hit him if he uses his range advantage
Seize -> sticky.

Loool...this is the best one, i have to admit.....in 3 months i have fought against like.....5? people using a 1h and the remaing 99% of the population instead was using a 2h sword (or axe/pole in some cases)....but, yeah, it is me not playing the game :-D
I repeat...you don't have to open a thread crying to nerf something just because you have lost to someone using a 1h....you could try to get better at playing instead

Do you even Pjonkan?
let me correct it for you:
"The fact that 1h beaten the shit out of me WITHOUT EVEN USING BLOCK is already gamebreaking, it is not me that suck at melee"

With Reactive parrying being added to the game, there is no justification for 1H+S having such High resistances, letting players stat pad.

As i said, i suggest you to try daggers in your fantastic test enviroment...you'll be amazed at how even more OP they are and how they are clearly the new "meta".....they will kill you before you have taken them down to 50%....they definitely are sooo OP: "when we stand still at 1cm distance just left clicking they will destroy me...let's nerf them"

P.s: even if that would have been the case (and it is definitely not). tell me....what differs from the 9-year long meta that has always been in Df with 2h swords being the best of everything? Please, enlighten us on how much more difficult and skilled to use a 2h is compared to a 1h that just "left click spam"....i have surely missed the incredible intricacies of a 2h user that has so many different skills to use....oh wait...you have the same?
So, spamming left click with a 2h and winning is fine and balanced, but spamming left click with a 1h is clearly broken because it is

Daggers are best for PVE + with low ping and good stickies you can 0.5 someone.
1H and shield is and always was the ONLY option for Mounted combat.
Thats why 2h should be meta for PVP. The other weapons still have a place in the game.

Overall, you sound like someone who has not taken part in group PVP ect, someone with a 1h and shield can 0.5 someone in a Robe, with nearly no time to react, and still be Tanky as FUCK.
At least someone with a 2H sword and wearing leather is a lot more Glass Cannon.

DUMB balance tbh.

I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #9
Races DO NOT have the same reach, they can just hit each other at the same time due to different hitbox sizes and reaches. This is why seize is better on a Wolfy.
When the end result is that both can hit at the same distances using the same weapons, how that happens doesn't matter: the result is still that the race have the same reach overall. Apart for seize (which is well compensated by the bigger hitbox).
I was actually against that change because i think bigger races should have kept their range advantage (especially considering how a bigger/taller race have to face down to attack smaller ones, thus reducing their effective range by a small bit).

Seize -> sticky.
Seize has a cooldown, and it is not a guarantee hit, nor it alone allows you to sticky to a good meleer. Against someone who is trying to run away maybe...but against someone that is trying to melee you, it wont win you fights.
And if you are implying that with seize it is so easy to sticky anyone, then daggers would be still be better than a 1h, then, because they do a ton more dmg and you can so easily sticky with seize, don't you?
But that's not how it works and, infact, in PvP nearly everyone still uses a 2h

Do you even Pjonkan?
If you meant "have you ever fought/met Pjonkan", then yes, i meet him and was slaughtered more than once....and he is indeed one of those few ones i was talking about using 1h in pvp.
I have faced 99% of 2h sword users and 1% of 1h users until now. The fact that someone can be good with a 1h in pvp is good for the game. The fact that everyone still uses a 2h sword, demonstrates that using a 1h efficently in pvp is not that easy, or everyone would have gone that way by now.

With Reactive parrying being added to the game, there is no justification for 1H+S having such High resistances, letting players stat pad.
There is instead, because if you didn't have any protection bonus at all why on earth would you give up on arc, dmg and range then? You can parry with a 2h too, with less dmg reduction, but you can still actively parry. So who would ever use a 1h? the increased protections are what makes 1h usable at least and, in good hands, comparable to a 2h (which is still far easier to use since all you have to care about is hitting your enemy)

Daggers are best for PVE + with low ping and good stickies you can 0.5 someone.
1H and shield is and always was the ONLY option for Mounted combat.
Thats why 2h should be meta for PVP. The other weapons still have a place in the game.
And infact 2h are still the meta for PvP. The fact that someone can make good use of them even in that setting doesn't mean they should be nerfed into oblivion because someone might lose to a 1h with his 2h here and there.
And, let's be honest, we all know that mounted combat is barely even used at all in PvP and has always been that way, so that's not even a factor

Overall, you sound like someone who has not taken part in group PVP ect, someone with a 1h and shield can 0.5 someone in a Robe, with nearly no time to react, and still be Tanky as FUCK.
At least someone with a 2H sword and wearing leather is a lot more Glass Cannon.
Yes, and that 2h instead can 0.2 a mage in a robe.
With the way protection works in this game, faster weapons will always (and have always been, that's why everyone uses swords) better dps against low protection enemies....when you face someone in full plate, then those fast hits become much less dmging now compared to the 2h ones and 1h will have a hard time killing a heavily geared player.
  • Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 11:46:55 am by dariobrun