Skip to main content

Topic: Progress update announcement May 11th (Read 1698 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Progress update announcement May 11th
Reply #60
They just upped the respawn radius slightly, Literally no change at all.

It's really a big deal. I don't care if I can't recall from Nifl to Erinthel, I made the choice to go there and it's fun. The issue was that I couldn't spawn back to Erinthel cause Espenhal in alfar lands was 100 meters closer... And other similar situations. If their numbers are good, there should be no walk of shame anymore unless you travelled way too far, like to the other side of the map. Which should be a journey, not an afternoon tour. Why? Cause that makes the game more appealing. A game where some stuff are hard to do and require planning and dedication.

And so do you think all the people who quit will resub because they upped the radius slightly ?

Fuck no.

They are trying to avoid real change because they are too scared to admit defeat to their mistakes.

Did I somewhere say that I think people will resub for that? No. Have subs run out? No. Is this the last patch they'll do? No. Did I say I am satisfied by their pace? No. Is there something more they can do at this point? No. Will I stop playing? No. Will you start playing? No.
Congratulations, if you've made it so far in my text it means I underestimated you and you know how to read indeed... You probably just missed the point in my last comment, happens to everyone from time to time, nothing to worry about...

I hope you're wrong (not saying you are), but that's not what's needed at all. What's needed to make character building and game play more interesting is more specialization, which in turn will lessen the grind. I was thinking it might mean magic secondary effects only work with a Title as they do with WC. Titles one way or another need to be way more important than they are now.
I agree with you, i don't like the idea of having to meditate all the subskills (or spam the ray without charging it for hours and hours, since it will be the fastest way to level them) just to level up the spells i use.
I just took water r100 yesterday and was able to bring it already to 15ish, while my intensify is still at something like 8 which, in the new system, would mean my r100 would actually be lower than it is with the current one, thus effectively increasing the grind instead of lowering it.

I also agree (and would love to see that implemented) that titles should have more effects on spells, just like they did with Sc and WC, but i sadly doubt they'll be going that route (we can still hope though :-D)
On the 1st you are right only about the r100 spell but that could easily be tweeked.
On the 2nd that's the route they want to take as they've said in the past by adding more title effects and even subtitles and stuff...
  • Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 03:05:46 pm by Dunnin
Dunnin Dainstaff - TTD

Reply #61
They just upped the respawn radius slightly, Literally no change at all.

It's really a big deal. I don't care if I can't recall from Nifl to Erinthel, I made the choice to go there and it's fun. The issue was that I couldn't spawn back to Erinthel cause Espenhal in alfar lands was 100 meters closer... And other similar situations. If their numbers are good, there should be no walk of shame anymore unless you travelled way too far, like to the other side of the map. Which should be a journey, not an afternoon tour. Why? Cause that makes the game more appealing. A game where some stuff are hard to do and require planning and dedication.

And so do you think all the people who quit will resub because they upped the radius slightly ?

Fuck no.

They are trying to avoid real change because they are too scared to admit defeat to their mistakes.

Did I somewhere say that I think people will resub for that? No. Have subs run out? No. Is this the last patch they'll do? No. Did I say I am satisfied by their pace? No. Is there something more they can do at this point? No. Will I stop playing? No. Will you start playing? No.
Congratulations, if you've made it so far in my text it means I underestimated you and you know how to read indeed... You probably just missed the point in my last comment, happens to everyone from time to time, nothing to worry about...

I hope you're wrong (not saying you are), but that's not what's needed at all. What's needed to make character building and game play more interesting is more specialization, which in turn will lessen the grind. I was thinking it might mean magic secondary effects only work with a Title as they do with WC. Titles one way or another need to be way more important than they are now.
I agree with you, i don't like the idea of having to meditate all the subskills (or spam the ray without charging it for hours and hours, since it will be the fastest way to level them) just to level up the spells i use.
I just took water r100 yesterday and was able to bring it already to 15ish, while my intensify is still at something like 8 which, in the new system, would mean my r100 would actually be lower than it is with the current one, thus effectively increasing the grind instead of lowering it.

I also agree (and would love to see that implemented) that titles should have more effects on spells, just like they did with Sc and WC, but i sadly doubt they'll be going that route (we can still hope though :-D)
On the 1st you are right only about the r100 spell but that could easily be tweeked.
On the 2nd that's the route they want to take as they've said in the past by adding more title effects and even subtitles and stuff...

So it's not a big deal then, is it.

Reply #62
Having Titles impact individual spells even more, would please certain players (like Dario) and kill the game for other players (like me).

The game already substantially rewards School Title picks, with +6 to magnitude, cast speed etc, plus two Signature spells.  If even more spells get big boosts for the Title, you're essentially making them "signature spells" because they'll be neutered for everyone else.

Personally I think that @Ub3rgames has a nice balance currently.  For example, I currently am a pure Mage, with no School titles.  I chose this because I like to PvE all sorts of beasts, and because I'm currently not TOO gimped in PvP by losing a Dominant School bonus.  I lose power but gain a tiny bit of flexibility.  For MY type of player, having a lot of spells to choose from is a complexity that keeps me playing. 

If any more spells are given School Title bonuses, this will make being a 1 or 2-school mage mandatory to be competitive, and reduce the number of "non-neutered" spells that are usable.  I will 100% be done with DND if this is the direction they choose.  This is neither "bad" nor "good" game design, they're simply catering to diffferent players.  Personally I think they've got a really nice balance already, and think it would be a shame to lose that.  But, just one opinion.

• MKH
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #63
Balance is in good enough spot at the moment and focus should not be in trying to tweak it any further before they get content patched in.

Balance tweaking ain't gonna get players interested to play more but content definitely would.

When trading contracts, buy orders, caravans, watch towers, warfronts etc. are in game then they can start tweaking balance again if needed but at the moment it shouldn't be the focus.
Viil Taja - Epoch

Reply #64
The game just needs something to compete for that has value and/or is boast worthy.

A table that shows top 10 racial killers for the week (filtered by race) would be a start.
The winner each week could get a reward, eg a housing trophy, a clan buff and/or q4 enchanting mats.

• Otis
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #65
Game lacks any kind of content/activity outside of the realm of pvp.  What little content it does have is bare bones / incomplete, its hard to invest time into such a simple game. 

Reply #66
Game lacks any kind of content/activity outside of the realm of pvp.  What little content it does have is bare bones / incomplete, its hard to invest time into such a simple game. 

My main content recently has been: how to keep my meditation points > 0
Next patch is going to make that game a lot easier, cannot wait to try it.

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #67
@Ub3rgames

After the new skinning adjustments, what is the benefit of the Skinning Title ?
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #68
more skin mats per skin

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #69
and faster skinning