Skip to main content

Topic: Progress update announcement May 11th (Read 1699 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Progress update announcement May 11th
Reply #30
I read the respawn mechanics as the general respawn radius will be expanded to allow more choices plus we will be able to choose a particular bindstone with an even larger radius as a 'home' stone.
Yes, exactly...an extended radius, they would have said "you can select a bindstone you can always recall to" if they meant that you could use it from anywhere....saying it has an extended radius, clearly means that you still have to be within a certain range to be able to respawn there

Reply #31
As long as the "bindstone recall" is not excessive, like in you can die in Simiran and respawn in Dagnamyr, it looks like an OK patch.
Not exactly meaty, but OK.

whats wrong with that? youre kinda stupid or retarded? who wants to Waste lifetime Running afk in a Video Game.
I'm just not a nerd that want players to be able to fly all over the map.
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

Reply #32
Looks like another solid patch.

I really like how they are attacking some of the larger complaints without getting too extreme.

Reply #33
Skinning changes sound good.

Walk of Shame is an exaggerated problem IMO by those that want this to be an arena game not an MMORPG, but a moderate extension of respawn options isn't a bad thing.

VCP changes look good, but current VCPs even after these changes are woefully inadequate as a motivation and source of conflict. Plus being clan based doesn't help with Ub3rgames' goal of a lot of conflict being racial alliance based and makes it hard for blue racial clans to cooperate when their holdings are both near the same VCPs.

Being worked on for the next few patches:
[...]
- We'll address the grind discrepancy between magical and physical playstyles. May look similar to how witchcraft is setup skill linking wise.

@Ub3gmes please elaborate on this! How will Titles impact spells in the respective school after this change that isn't part of the current system?

Also, what happened to the holding/wall improvements and moving resources outside of holding walls? I thought that was your next patch after the skinning stuff.

- A way to recover items from a holding after having been abandoned, kicked, or de-allied. No instant transport, just recovery.

Very good change, I hope for others' sake I know that have essentially lost banks due to this , that such a change is retroactive in some way.

Reply #34
garbage patch bindstone recall added.  Might as well reactivate runestones and portal chambers. I am quitting due to this.
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let Her Blow!
Carl Brutananadilewski - SG of Mooninites

Reply #35
Another patch that changes nothing.

Reply #36
The patch is intended for in game players not for obnoxious forum troll. Go away ass hole

Reality Check - Rise of Agon : Community designed, Tedium free, Elite approved  but struggled to field 25 players for first grand anniversary event...now asking for donations.  Global banking,  Instant travel is not helping lol

Reply #37
The patch is intended for in game players not for obnoxious forum troll. Go away ass hole

Exactly, its directed at the remaining 100 players rather than the ones that quit,

Reply #38
The second line of these notes is bigger than the Jesus patch.
What's bigger than Jesus - John Lennon.
Hence this is the John Lennon patch. ;)

As a soloer who is on the other side of the planet to 99.99% of you, this line makes me very happy.
Can't wait to test it out.

Sitting on a cornflake waiting for the van to come
Corporation tee-shirt, stupid bloody Tuesday
Man, you been a naughty boy, you let your face grow long
I am the eggman, we are the eggmen, I am the walrus
Goo goo g'joob
  • Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 06:43:40 am by Alberton

Reply #39
garbage patch bindstone recall added.  Might as well reactivate runestones and portal chambers. I am quitting due to this.

I think you and a few others have misread this.

It isn't about recall, where you can insta-travel geared up, but about where you can respawn after death. This is about allowing you to pick one specific bindstone that you can respawn to on death that's a bit further out than the default the points you would normally have access to based on the fairly limited radius from where you died, which is also being slightly increased.

So you'll be able to respawn at this chosen bindstone even if it's a bit further out than the new extended radius. How far out? They haven't said yet. But I doubt its radius will be more than twice the new radius of unbound respawn points you have access to.

All these points are in the 'walk of shame' section and are about respawn at death. The first point says, 'Instant transportation across the map will not happen, but we can try to alleviate the pain upon death,' [emphasis mine] and the other points explain how they intend to help alleviate this pain. The word 'recall' isn't in any of the points because it's not about recall.
  • Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 09:50:38 am by pellaz
Did you know you can ignore toxic posters, stopping the forum from showing you the text of their posts? Starving trolls eventually move on. Please don't feed the trolls.

Reply #40
It's needed stuff, but nothing game changing

Hopefully they continue at this pace for another 7-12 months, fix the fundamental problems, then wipe/relaunch with smarter marketing

Reply #41
So houses are worth owning now? I can respawn at my house and at a bindstone of my choosing?
Mr. Wam Wam

Reply #42
@Ub3gmes please elaborate on this! How will Titles impact spells in the respective school after this change that isn't part of the current system?
They just meant that you won't have to manually skill each spell anymore probably as all of them will be tied to the school subksills, just like they did with last WC changes.
Nothing having to do with being titled or not. Probably the r90 will be tied to intensify, the aoe to quicken, etc etc so you won't need to grind each and every spell but, by just using that school spell, you will raise the subskills and the spells all togheter

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #43
They just meant that you won't have to manually skill each spell anymore probably as all of them will be tied to the school subksills, just like they did with last WC changes.
Nothing having to do with being titled or not. Probably the r90 will be tied to intensify, the aoe to quicken, etc etc so you won't need to grind each and every spell but, by just using that school spell, you will raise the subskills and the spells all togheter

So you'll have to skill up the subskills. Barely a change...
Yeah but ok, just meditate 4 subskills and your school grind is done.

Reply #44
What about spells I grinded and meditated already that are much higher than my school subskills? I hope they won't just downgrade the values?