Skip to main content

Topic: @Ub3r How to spin it (Read 1977 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: @Ub3r How to spin it
Reply #30
New and returning clans and new/casual players even vets won't play as 260hp peasant characters against huge bank hoarders with 400hp and max'd offensive spells etc using high end gear. In a full loot competitive game.

And after a month there'll be people at maxed magic and 400 HP and the casuals/new players will still be shit.  At some point they'll just have to level a character and learn to play. Casuals/new players are never going to be on an even footing in an MMORPG and constantly calling for "resets" is just annoying. A month after a reset people will be calling for another reset.

Reply #31
Agreed with Dread.  The only think I don't like is that they put in Diminishing Returns to give newbies a faster path to being competitive, but then made the system convoluted and behind the scenes, so that the newbies don't even KNOW about it.

Would have been far better to simply copy the EvE system of exponential decay.  It's FAR more transparent and simple to grasp.

Reply #32
New and returning clans and new/casual players even vets won't play as 260hp peasant characters against huge bank hoarders with 400hp and max'd offensive spells etc using high end gear. In a full loot competitive game.

And after a month there'll be people at maxed magic and 400 HP and the casuals/new players will still be shit.  At some point they'll just have to level a character and learn to play. Casuals/new players are never going to be on an even footing in an MMORPG and constantly calling for "resets" is just annoying. A month after a reset people will be calling for another reset.

Since people like to use EVE as an example a lot around here I will say the following...

Darkfall lacks any space for new players to grow without the vets stomping on them.  EVE  high - low sec space allows plenty of space for growth in a universe governed by laws.  Can players still fuck with people in high - low sec space? Sure they can... but at a cost / risk that must be taken into account.

-----------------

The only valid argument for a wipe is the insane wealth that was gained through Ub3rs shitty design decisions.  Though a wipe only makes sense once all those loopholes are closed up and those banks simply won't be built up using the same methods. 

Reply #33

1 player could destroy 10 guys in a PvP fight due to advantages. Pat killed 8 new starting nomads on a weak character so it's very realistic. The videos there to see.

No matter how much the game as improved. It's not fair and it's not a fresh start @Ub3rgames How can you advertise that to new customers? Alot of people quit early or wouldn't play the original for the same reason.

This is pretty much common sense. A full wipe is needed. Clans shouldn't of been able to claim property in indev either. The siege system was bad and expensive but you completely screwed action and politics before launch, you allowed people to sit on holdings unchallenged.... people should fight for holdings not trade or take dropped cities by inactive.

I would be down for a 6 month full wipe or something. Everyone hoards or gets bored when they max, it gets stale anyway, its always been a problem of darkfall.

Most fun is start/early mid darkfall. This would force people to get busy and play. It would kill hoarder syndrome and increase farming and sieges.

P.S local everything doesn't work with no population.

Well said

Reply #34
What @Machinist is reality. This is a FULL LOOT mmo and very demoralizing getting 1v5 . It is impossible to avoid VET because game world doesn't have any partitions. The game needs to reduce the gear discrepancy even more and move the focus away from individual performance. 

I don't agree with wipe because once they do, new issues will pop up next day. Ub3rgames have proven they are too slow to react. The main issue is unlimited bank capacity and items lasting forever in the bank. Make banks limited and hording will stop. It gets much easier to phase out items. DFUW activity vanished after wipe and never recovered. 
Reality Check - Rise of Agon : Community designed, Tedium free, Elite approved  but struggled to field 25 players for first grand anniversary event...now asking for donations.  Global banking,  Instant travel is not helping lol

Reply #35
Darkfall lacks any space for new players to grow without the vets stomping on them.  EVE  high - low sec space allows plenty of space for growth in a universe governed by laws.  Can players still fuck with people in high - low sec space? Sure they can... but at a cost / risk that must be taken into account.

Isn't the safety for noobs in New Dawn the much stronger alignment system and the distances killers would have to travel to get to the noobs? Who's actually going to bother? I haven't been ganked/looted a single time while PvE'ing in this version and I was playing during the first few weeks. I was careful to hunt in groups at riskier spawns and I went to out-of-the-way spawns if I was solo. It didn't feel like the killbox that previous Darkfalls were yet people in this thread are acting like this is Darkfall 2009 or RoA at release. If the pop is low then you avoid getting ganked for obvious reasons but even if it's high pop you should be avoiding ganks because you're farming in groups of 10+ and protected for that reason.
  • Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 03:56:52 am by dread_og

Reply #36
I am neither for nor against a wipe, but i do agree that it could be a good way to try to "reset" it when the game is more polished and try to get a bigger population coming in and trying the game.
If a wipe could help with giving the game a bigger population, i would have no problem restarting the grind, honestly. It is much better to have to regrind it while playing in a thriving and full enviroment than having a max character in a barren wasteland.

And, btw, the grind is not even that hard in DND....i have much higher stats and skills everywhere after 3 months here than i ever did in nearly 1 year in darkfall, and i mean MUCH higher

Reply #37

Most MMO's are not full loot.
Most people got their Banks through broken Mechanics, that have since been nerfed.
Most MMO's will actually delete gold from the economy if it was gained through exploiting game mechanics.

Go make me 40+mil in a month, playing 1 hr a day semi AFK. Not killing mobs or gathering. You can't.
But you could with stacking alts on Villages though.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

• Devil
  • [*][*]
Reply #38
portable dishwashers best price dishwasher
purchase dishwasher best portable dishwasher 2018

sears portable dishwashers <a href="http://bestportabledishwasher.com/">reviews dishwashers</a>
dishwasher machine <a href="http://yourportabledishwasher.com/">bosch appliances</a>

Oh boy i need a new dish washer. hopefully the moderators will squash it soon :).

Reply #39
Not a bad name for a char - portable dishwasher

Reply #40
Not a bad name for a char - portable dishwasher
It's a bit feminine

Reply #41

Can you really use that argument to people returning to the game? Are they bothered?  You just come across as a elitist prick.

Why should they be destroyed by fat banks and max characters and have a disadvantage from day 1 of coming back/playing.

Why would they ask for a reset when they would have a guaranteed one in 5 months? Weak argument.

How people spend their time is up to them. But we should all start from 1 fair point. As a self admitted basement dweller your view doesnt surprise me that you cant see a problem/Have common sense or relate to a average/casual player.

What @Machinist is reality. This is a FULL LOOT mmo and very demoralizing getting 1v5 . It is impossible to avoid VET because game world doesn't have any partitions. The game needs to reduce the gear discrepancy even more and move the focus away from individual performance.

I don't agree with wipe because once they do, new issues will pop up next day. Ub3rgames have proven they are too slow to react. The main issue is unlimited bank capacity and items lasting forever in the bank. Make banks limited and hording will stop. It gets much easier to phase out items. DFUW activity vanished after wipe and never recovered.

That's the most clueless post I have read for a while on here and it solves NOTHING.

Remove individual performance!!! Heroes of the storm/blizzard player over here. I can't believe what I'm reading. You want a brainless game with no skill required in a game that has aim and requires skill. Pretty much exposed yourself as biased and bad.

But it does seem like you loved UW and might not of played the original so there's that to explain.
  • Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 06:45:08 pm by Machinist

My missus is fit actually I cant beleive she still has sex with me

New Dawn Best UI Winner 2018 - Add me on Snapchat - tinydicksteve69

Reply #42
3rd wipe? retards,game could develop since 2008,but it get wipes and new beta tests,rofl,its end.
Why retard hands own darkfall always,they can only cut things or make wipes,lol.
  • Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 06:51:55 pm by huem vzhopu po pizde

Reply #43
look at "dead" 2012 year darkfall,everything was just great before they done first wipe/1000x event.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlSt52W2hjg
game could grow since that time,but instead game has received 3 wipes,many years of new beta tests,lol.Its end,
Can you find so many people on yassam now? Ofcourse no,because of no bindstone recall and useless local banks.
  • Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 06:49:35 pm by huem vzhopu po pizde

Reply #44
Good job stupid tasos,When df1 was closed,you losed main playerbase.They will never come back and farm again.
Lol,look at 2012 "dead" darkfall,it seems like extremely succesful game now compared to dnd/roa.