Skip to main content

Topic: @Ub3r How to spin it (Read 2579 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: @Ub3r How to spin it
Reply #15
@mrW
I think you may have misread. I agree with their vision for the game (mostly, given enough time, and assuming flexibility). The problem was their mishandling of InDev followed by a suicidally-premature launch. For a long time, they were the beacon of hope for Darkfall - it just all went incredibly wrong towards the end.

Additionally, while I've always been their supporter and still am to this day, that doesn't mean I didn't vehemently and vocally disagree on certain issues: notably being their complete lack of RPG Sandbox features, over-emphasis on Conquest and tedium, and of course, launching the game with the biggest change ever implemented in Darkfall (local banking) with a week of live "testing". They literally "theorized" how it would work and plastered it on at the last moment, assuming players would merely behave in accordance with their theories; quite an arrogant move, all in all; which goes in accordance with the way they've handled other things, as well.

@Azmoodeus
Well there goes that :)

Reply #16
Why do some people always scream 'wipe'? It wont change anything, it will only lower the existing population or even completly kill this game.

And those millions of gold from the first villages lol. They dont affect the economy. People have millions of gold just by pveing normaly in the game. What kills off the economy are the lack of features promoting trading like buy orders, etc.

Obviously it doesnt matter if people have and are sitting on 100s of good gear bags they can throw away effortlessly, fully med'd characters, 10-100s of millions of gold, 100-1000s of rare ingots, houses, hordes of enchanting mats, tons of siege gear and boats to use against new/inactive players, that clearly isnt a advantage at all. Completely fair LOL!

You protect them castles of sand and pixels bro against bringing in more population.

My missus is fit actually I cant beleive she still has sex with me

New Dawn Best UI Winner 2018 - Add me on Snapchat - tinydicksteve69

Reply #17
Why do some people always scream 'wipe'? It wont change anything, it will only lower the existing population or even completly kill this game.

And those millions of gold from the first villages lol. They dont affect the economy. People have millions of gold just by pveing normaly in the game. What kills off the economy are the lack of features promoting trading like buy orders, etc.

selfish response from a selfish player.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #18
There wont be a hard wipe, anybody with half a brain knows that. Don't let that stop you from crying though.
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

Reply #19
@mrW
I think you may have misread. I agree with their vision for the game (mostly, given enough time, and assuming flexibility). The problem was their mishandling of InDev followed by a suicidally-premature launch. For a long time, they were the beacon of hope for Darkfall - it just all went incredibly wrong towards the end.

Additionally, while I've always been their supporter and still am to this day, that doesn't mean I didn't vehemently and vocally disagree on certain issues: notably being their complete lack of RPG Sandbox features, over-emphasis on Conquest and tedium, and of course, launching the game with the biggest change ever implemented in Darkfall (local banking) with a week of live "testing". They literally "theorized" how it would work and plastered it on at the last moment, assuming players would merely behave in accordance with their theories; quite an arrogant move, all in all; which goes in accordance with the way they've handled other things, as well.

@Azmoodeus
Well there goes that :)

THIS

No self respecting or professional game studio would do what Ub3r has in the past 6 - 12 months.  Like Adun has said they introduced new mechanics into the game without proper time to test if those introductions would break the game.  Local banking without other mechanics to support the change in a more meaningful manner was stupid... and spawn scaling on launch day? Don't get me started on that fuck up. 

There were several people on these boards and Discord telling them certain changes they have introduced would result in the current altfall & tedium situation... yet they stubbornly stuck to their designs as written on paper.  Following a GDD (Game Design Document) is important, but they failed to test any of their designs in real world situations and the current state of DND is the result.  I stand by what I have said for quite some time now...

"Ub3r has no idea how people actually play video games".

I went from thinking Ub3r was going to be the group to save DF to thinking they are stubborn fools that will kill their own vision.

Reply #20
There wont be a hard wipe, anybody with half a brain knows that. Don't let that stop you from crying though.

Aww, another dumb post by an NPC city  dwelling carebear.

Keep advocating for DND to flop mate, good job.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #21

That's the only thing that could possibly save this game after another 6-12 months of development

But you're right, Ub3rgames won't do it

It's too bad because 6 more months of development at current speed and a wipe/relaunch as free to play (with minor restrictions that can be removed by paying) with a cash shop and some intelligent viral word of mouth marketing and this game could pull 10k concurrent players easily

They would also need to move the server to New York and cut village timers and rewards in half

Really wouldn't take much, but Ub3rgames is too autistic/stubborn and HORRIBLE at marketing to make the right decisions

Reply #22

Aww, another dumb post by an NPC city  dwelling carebear.

Keep advocating for DND to flop mate, good job.

That's EXACTLY what every selfish EU player did when they advocated AGAINST a New York Global server

New Dawn could of shoved the nail in RoA's coffin and doubled its own population with just a couple smart decisions

Now both are basically doomed without RADICAL changes and better leadership

Reply #23
yeh the majority of the worlds population live in America xD

NY server wasnt why DND flopped, no one plays ROA either.

Reply #24

Obviously it doesnt matter if people have and are sitting on 100s of good gear bags they can throw away effortlessly, fully med'd characters, 10-100s of millions of gold, 100-1000s of rare ingots, houses, hordes of enchanting mats, tons of siege gear and boats to use against new/inactive players, that clearly isnt a advantage at all. Completely fair LOL!

You protect them castles of sand and pixels bro against bringing in more population.

Well said.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #25
Is viral word of mouth marketing when you pay to make one of those subtle advertising videos and it catches on to where people start sharing it or did you just come up with a new term?
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #26
Its where you pay a popular streamer to play your game for a set ammount of hours.
He's really positive about it and the community desperately caters to his wishes and needs in an attempt to reach a larger audiance.

Did wonders for RoA...oh no wait...well it cant hurt right?

Reply #27
A wipe wouldn't help anything.
When Uthgard wiped, DAOC Origins launched, Everquest I and II launch their occasional TLP servers, or WOW private servers launch, you see a massive influx of new players. Even old ass Uthgard got on average 4000 players a month the first 2 months at launch in January 2017. If population matters, a wipe/re-launch can serve as the only viable catalyst to population influx. Never seen a game get instant attention and a swarm of logins like a new server / wipes. No feature seems to ever produce this kind of reaction. People play these for the social component in addition to other activities. Starting fresh means a more social (and equal) environment that fosters a rich engagement with others. Obtuse to think completing that roadmap alone will equate to population growth.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #28
Its where you pay a popular streamer to play your game for a set ammount of hours.
He's really positive about it and the community desperately caters to his wishes and needs in an attempt to reach a larger audiance.

Did wonders for RoA...oh no wait...well it cant hurt right?
That makes sense. Yeah, it's too bad it didn't work out for RoA
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #29
New and returning clans and new/casual players even vets won't play as 260hp peasant characters against huge bank hoarders with 400hp and max'd offensive spells etc using high end gear. In a full loot competitive game.

1 player could destroy 10 guys in a PvP fight due to advantages. Pat killed 8 new starting nomads on a weak character so it's very realistic. The videos there to see.

No matter how much the game as improved. It's not fair and it's not a fresh start @Ub3rgames How can you advertise that to new customers? Alot of people quit early or wouldn't play the original for the same reason.

This is pretty much common sense. A full wipe is needed. Clans shouldn't of been able to claim property in indev either. The siege system was bad and expensive but you completely screwed action and politics before launch, you allowed people to sit on holdings unchallenged.... people should fight for holdings not trade or take dropped cities by inactive.

I would be down for a 6 month full wipe or something. Everyone hoards or gets bored when they max, it gets stale anyway, its always been a problem of darkfall.

Most fun is start/early mid darkfall. This would force people to get busy and play. It would kill hoarder syndrome and increase farming and sieges.

P.S local everything doesn't work with no population.

My missus is fit actually I cant beleive she still has sex with me

New Dawn Best UI Winner 2018 - Add me on Snapchat - tinydicksteve69