Skip to main content

Topic: @Ub3r How to spin it (Read 2358 times) previous topic - next topic

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
@Ub3r How to spin it
Hi,

This is how you can spin the failed release:

- Make an announcement that this was only official launch of public testing server. There will never be another wipe on it. Say that this is what you meant from the start.
- Announce the launch date of the release server, which is now moved due to the extra new features that you need to implement before the release of it. If anyone questions, just say sorry, you got dates mixed up due to being so much ahead of the current roadmap.

See you at launch!

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Re: @Ub3r How to spin it
Reply #1
They've already said this is a "soft" launch. A wipe wouldn't help anything.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Yeah guys. The next launch will be enhanced ships by activating sea towers and makes ships faster. Then you'll need to get even more alts to pick up the canon, sailor, captain titles.

Let's goooooo
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

• XiaN
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
who cares?

games ded

Reply #4
who cares?

games ded
You care. More than most in here.
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

Reply #5
Since developers seem to only listening to the zergs just as Tasos did it is natural that new players feel leftout in the cold when they realize all villages and cities are already claimed and there wont be a restart at launch. Not caring about the new players is one reason this game died before it even started.

I told that would be the outcome a long time ago but developers decided to listen to the greedy zergs instead.

Now you got a dead game - well done.

Reply #6
It's not even that hard to level. Join an active clan and cap at least one VCP a day with them. Use your power hour once a day on a tough mob. Meditate your main skill. I remember getting to 100 Air in a few weeks and it didn't feel like that much of a grind. That's where almost all of my DPS comes from. People shouldn't be finding it that hard to get competitive with front loading and one school for all of your damage spells. Also holdings carrying over didn't really matter because there were still plenty of unclaimed ones.

Main problem: It's a re-release of a 10-year-old game and there's no advertising for it but a re-launch a year from now isn't going to change that.
  • Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 04:05:30 pm by dread_og

Reply #7
They've already said this is a "soft" launch. A wipe wouldn't help anything.

it would get rid of the millions of gold people got from uncontested villages, surely prople having 40 mil from being AFK is bad for the game.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #8
They could "pull an AV" and "rebalance" weapons and armor at some point down the road, making all previous iterations of those weapons and armor useless or subpar, and needing to be remade. I can't even fathom how badly the current economy is irretrievably busted by now, so, maybe at least that could be a thing.

As for "reasons" why ND failed? Only one, really, because the "vishun" (with proper development time and some flexibility) is mostly a sound one: Catastrophically premature launch that they were cautioned against ad infinitum. How's it going @Maejohl ? Ah, he seems to have mysteriously stopped posting.

The "official" reasoning at the time being: "Well, we've noticed a huge loss in morale the longer InDev has gone on." As opposed to launching the game 6+ months prematurely and watching said morale (along with the actual playerbase) undergo a guaranteed exodus anyway? Again, I can only assume, considering how overall intelligent people they are, that that was always a political response, and not something they actually believed to be the right call but rather had no other choice due to running out of resources. Though, launching a kickstarter for the remaining months would've been the much better solution. Alas, here we are.

Reply #9
The assertion that the game failed seems to me linked to an emotional and short time span centered perception.

The population has already been low, the supposed broken state of the economy may not be significative in the long run, players go and come... ROA was already considered failed and now is considered the surviving candidate...

Much work has still to be done, for sure. But who can predict where the game will stand in a year?

Time will tell.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10

ROA was already considered failed and now is considered the surviving candidate...
I get the point you're trying to make but the only people considering RoA to be the "surviving candidate" are the RoA forum warriors. They try to make people think players are leaving New Dawn to go play over there but reality is there's more naked alts being consistently logged into New Dawn than there are total players in RoA.

The video clip I watched of their last event made me feel sorry for both games because even those people who complain about there being two versions of the game would still feel let down because dumping all the actives from RoA into New Dawn would still be a low population
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #11
Hopefully we will slowly get to a point where important aspects  of the game for new player retention will be ironed out: PVE, UI, NPExperience, races war,... Also  most of the gameplay aspects will be stabilized. Then we will be able to see if this formula has a real chance to work out. The old school feeling/aspect of the game is not a deterent for a part of the gaming community. On the contrary.

Reply #12
Why do some people always scream 'wipe'? It wont change anything, it will only lower the existing population or even completly kill this game.

And those millions of gold from the first villages lol. They dont affect the economy. People have millions of gold just by pveing normaly in the game. What kills off the economy are the lack of features promoting trading like buy orders, etc.

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
They could "pull an AV" and "rebalance" weapons and armor at some point down the road, making all previous iterations of those weapons and armor useless or subpar, and needing to be remade. I can't even fathom how badly the current economy is irretrievably busted by now, so, maybe at least that could be a thing.

As for "reasons" why ND failed? Only one, really, because the "vishun" (with proper development time and some flexibility) is mostly a sound one: Catastrophically premature launch that they were cautioned against ad infinitum. How's it going @Maejohl ? Ah, he seems to have mysteriously stopped posting.

The "official" reasoning at the time being: "Well, we've noticed a huge loss in morale the longer InDev has gone on." As opposed to launching the game 6+ months prematurely and watching said morale (along with the actual playerbase) undergo a guaranteed exodus anyway? Again, I can only assume, considering how overall intelligent people they are, that that was always a political response, and not something they actually believed to be the right call but rather had no other choice due to running out of resources. Though, launching a kickstarter for the remaining months would've been the much better solution. Alas, here we are.
like 9 months ago you were singing the same "vishun" song

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #14
All items update to new values. A feature they've added in indev so even if the stuff is old it'll be updated to current balance.
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Garbage Men