Skip to main content

Topic: Ringfain Coastal Traders (Read 1192 times) previous topic - next topic

Ringfain Coastal Traders
Sorry guys no more building mods or mats for trading .

I am closing down and going back to ROA really regretting this but  having no bind stone recall and having to spend 1 to 2 hrs travelling back to market does not sit well with this old guy. Having a blast in ROA as I can gather to my hearts content and go back to the market or bind stone in a jiffy. May be back one day but think my age may be a factor can't have too many yrs left for gaming sadly.

Enjoyed my time here and wish the devs the best of luck.

Hopefully the Trolls will let this thread RIP
Regards Gramps
 Ringfain Coastal Traders

Agur Snowdeep
One Eyed

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Ringfain Coastal Traders
Reply #1

I am closing down and going back to ROA really regretting this but  having no bind stone recall and having to spend 1 to 2 hrs travelling back to market does not sit well with this old guy. Having a blast in ROA as I can gather to my hearts content and go back to the market or bind stone in a jiffy. May be back one day but think my age may be a factor can't have too many yrs left for gaming sadly.

You're an unsung hero. I know I bought at least 300 mods from you.

@Ub3rgames
If a dedicated trader like this is bringing up concerns this does not bode well for the state of the game. My only hope is your future buy order system can make life easier for this particular player's template
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #2

You're an unsung hero. I know I bought at least 300 mods from you.

@Ub3rgames
If a dedicated trader like this is bringing up concerns this does not bode well for the state of the game. My only hope is your future buy order system can make life easier for this particular player's template

I think where the real issue lies is in being able to move weight, there is just no reasonable way to move more 1300kg, local banking needs ways of moving large amounts of weight better than slow walking a blue tail or bunny hopping. People are building cities and want to buy 10k stone or even many times that and though boats are better than land they are still slow and most of the world is land.

Reply #3
what surprises me more than anything is that there were even any dedicated trader/crafters left at this point.
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

Reply #4
inbefore everyone runs around naked. guys altfall is not a requierment we have dedicated crafter wait what?

#ub3rVision

Reply #5
While it's sad to see a player leaving it is nice to see a polite and productive critique of the game rather than the usual trash. I initially struggled with the amount of travelling myself but over time have grown used to it and now see it as a necessary evil, shame it hasn't worked out in your own particular case.

• MKH
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #6
Well problem is there ain't necessary tools Ingame. If there were trading contracts and buying orders crafter and gatherer wouldn't need to move away from their location but traders could ship their products to markets. We would just need caravans buy orders and trading contracts for this.

Not a good thing if any one leaves cause lag of these tools but I still rather see them Ingame and see how it goes rather than changing this back to fast travel system before even seeing this system with all the tools that needs to be there to make it had a chance of working.
Viil Taja

Reply #7
Well problem is there ain't necessary tools Ingame. If there were trading contracts and buying orders crafter and gatherer wouldn't need to move away from their location but traders could ship their products to markets. We would just need caravans buy orders and trading contracts for this.

Not a good thing if any one leaves cause lag of these tools but I still rather see them Ingame and see how it goes rather than changing this back to fast travel system before even seeing this system with all the tools that needs to be there to make it had a chance of working.

Even with these tools in game the issue here is TIME.

it's a commodity most can't afford to waste when they want to play a game for FUN.  Unless their target audience is high school kids and retirees, ain't no one got time for that shit.

• MKH
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #8

Even with these tools in game the issue here is TIME.

it's a commodity most can't afford to waste when they want to play a game for FUN.  Unless their target audience is high school kids and retirees, ain't no one got time for that shit.

Doesn't take more time when you just leave it to markets. Then some one else moves your goods to selling locations.

So issue is tools. I'm very casual player and yet I can easily gather and farm stuff but it's too tedious try to get them to desires markets. If there were trading contracts and buy orders I would cycle my goods to other markets as could the gentleman in this threat and it wouldnt take more my time or his.
Viil Taja

Reply #9
I told you travel was a big issue from day 1, but ub3r still hasn't admitted they are wrong. Just a matter of time.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
I'd agree with marketplaces helping to solve the time sink but they're still a long ways away from completely solving it. Ub3r said local banking would help even up the score a bit better when it came to the no lifers vs the casuals. This is in fact the opposite because in previous versions, you were somewhat forced to do everything whereas here you still are forced, you just need to do it with multiple accounts and use your playtime strategically to accomplish the same things as before.

I'm thinking once the buy orders come out, it will help but I also think the ability to make a marketplace in your player city should've been possible since launch so clans could create trade hubs
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

• MKH
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #11
I told you travel was a big issue from day 1, but ub3r still hasn't admitted they are wrong. Just a matter of time.

Still wouldn't be issue if tools were Ingame. And you ain't only one who thought travel is an issue with out tools to support local banking.

But I still rather wait with this tedium until they get working tools in game to support local banking. For now you need to travel more but it's still better than give up all the possibilities local banking gives when trade contracts caravans faster roads, buy orders etc. are ingame.
Viil Taja

Reply #12

Still wouldn't be issue if tools were Ingame. And you ain't only one who thought travel is an issue with out tools to support local banking.

But I still rather wait with this tedium until they get working tools in game to support local banking. For now you need to travel more but it's still better than give up all the possibilities local banking gives when trade contracts caravans faster roads, buy orders etc. are ingame.

Logistically in a game like df, trade contracts wont work, they will be abused and the cost surrounding delivery would be far more than the item value.

faster roads wont make travel that much better, you still have to travel back from trips out.

Ub3r will take years to develop these ''tools'' anyway,

You're just kidding yourself here my friend.

Recalls are needed and portal chambers, hence why they were implemented into the original and almost every other mmo out there.

Reply #13
I truly believe LB will work out when all the proper tools and "fast travel" are in place, this should create a new day to day in-game activity for everyone as long as proper rewards are in place to match your time commitment.  It should be a viable "profession" and something desirable to do from time to time, if you are going to X location check the trades contracts before leaving and deliver some goods to this area with a nice payout if all goes according to the plan. If you are serious about this type of endeavor invest in a caravan and move more stuff this way thus increasing your payout per trips. 

I don't know what they have in mind but this is how I envisioned it.

Reply #14

Logistically in a game like df, trade contracts wont work, they will be abused and the cost surrounding delivery would be far more than the item value.

faster roads wont make travel that much better, you still have to travel back from trips out.

Ub3r will take years to develop these ''tools'' anyway,

You're just kidding yourself here my friend.

Recalls are needed and portal chambers, hence why they were implemented into the original and almost every other mmo out there.

preach the truth my friend. even though I dont agree in Portal Chambers i do agree on the Rest.

In this Game the same shit  is Happening as in dfo. Devs listen to a vocal minority of Players who are nolifers and pro travel and walk of shame plus they want to envison their own little Dream Game we all Dreamed about once but in reality is just exhausting to play
It is ultimately gonna fail and you cant really argue against it.