Skip to main content

Topic: Spawn rates (Read 1060 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Spawn rates
Reply #30
I dont get why Mobs are so strong in meele.
You cant kill golems nor iklits in meele anymore. Magic is the only way and i think this is not a good thing. You Need to be able to meele every mob.

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #31
I dont get why Mobs are so strong in meele.
You cant kill golems nor iklits in meele anymore. Magic is the only way and i think this is not a good thing. You Need to be able to meele every mob.
Dragons included!

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #32
The more i play after the update the more i hate this new "improved" spawn system....basically all spots i tried that i used to be able to solo effectively with little downtime (and same was for doing it in two/three persons) are now a royal pain in the ass to fight at.

I can still kill the mobs...but they spawn so damn fast that i barely am able to loot the tombs, and skinning is litterally impossible....a ton of wasted skins, and in most cases that's what the mobs are worth to fight for

Reply #33
what mobs are u talking about? i really love this new change, i can now get much more thick leather, and im soloing with an alt a 9x ogreboss spawn with good time to skin/loot. maybi u need higher stats,learn dodging, or a imprtant thing is also to use good weapons.  rank60+ and gear.

Reply #34
and to melee effcient, i suggest to level up daggers. they are sooo good in pve

Reply #35
just crouchwalk to and skin the graves.
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

Reply #36
what mobs are u talking about? i really love this new change, i can now get much more thick leather, and im soloing with an alt a 9x ogreboss spawn with good time to skin/loot. maybi u need higher stats,learn dodging, or a imprtant thing is also to use good weapons.  rank60+ and gear.
Pratically all dungeons i have been into are now popping mob at absurd rates making it more annoying than fun to do the daily quests and/or grind in there.
The game can not be balanced to have doable spawns only if you have r60+ weapons, high stats and use daggers, though....the majority of people will take a lot of time to reach those levels/equip (and many might not even reach them) and yo can't make the game a pain in the ass for them until they reach those levels/unless they are doing it "the best way".

Spawns should be doable with different tactics and playstiles, not only using the best pve weapon (daggers) and very high level equip.

I can understand that for the min/maxers it is much better to have constantly spawning mobs with not a single split second of pause.....but if the spots are just fine for you, then they became impossible or, at the very least, very annoying for anyone else that is not min/maxing his farming abilities.

Ogre bosses, yes, they are better now and don't spawn too fast: i can do a 5 mobs spawn without even maximizing/optimizing the killing speed (i can throw some spells here and there to level them up a bit while farming) and still have enough time to loot/skin them just before they pop again.....but dungeons for sure spawn mobs way too fast now

just crouchwalk to and skin the graves.
Hard to do when there are 2-3 mobs shooting arrows/begone/nukes at you all the time....
And even when it is possible, it is ridiculous that i have to crouch walk in order to just skin the tombs because the second i kill one mob, a new one spawns.

Reply #37
I think an interesting mechanic to avoid needing alts to improve spawns would be to allow the players a way to level up a spawn in which is challenging for them on their own. This allows more progressed players to be challenged at any spawn they desire without the need for an army to create the experience.

This is just a thought and I understand some spawns will need to be changed as they would be too rewarding, but just a thought.

Reply #38
I think an interesting mechanic to avoid needing alts to improve spawns would be to allow the players a way to level up a spawn in which is challenging for them on their own. This allows more progressed players to be challenged at any spawn they desire without the need for an army to create the experience.

This is just a thought and I understand some spawns will need to be changed as they would be too rewarding, but just a thought.

I think they mentioned totems for this effect.

Reply #39

Yep, the original suggestion was to introduce totems to slow things back down, but I thought it'd be better to revert spawn  size/respawn rates back to before and instead use the totems to increase the rate/numbers, even allowing stacking two or three with dismissing returns. This gives established players more control, another needed gold sink, and potentially the ability to increase rates/size even further than currently, within limits of diminishing returns vs cost.
  • Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 09:07:26 pm by pellaz
Did you know you can ignore toxic posters, stopping the forum from showing you the text of their posts? Starving trolls eventually move on. Please don't feed the trolls.

Reply #40

Yep, the original suggestion was to introduce totems to slow things back down, but I thought it'd be better to revert spawn  size/respawn rates back to before and instead use the totems to increase the rate/numbers, even allowing stacking two or three with dismissing returns. This gives established players more control, another needed gold sink, and potentially the ability to increase rates/size even further than currently, within limits of diminishing returns vs cost.

Ill be honest, im not having much problem clearing spawns and skinning everything though i have skinning title, so its still hard for me to see the need to slow things down except in dungeons.

If anything i need things even stronger but am refraining from taking my alts with me to farm for now awaiting changes.