Skip to main content

Topic: Spawn rates (Read 1065 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Spawn rates
Reply #15
@Ub3rgames - The hags northeast of Mir Bellith are the worse of the lot, but I think all of the green spawns around Mir Bellith (and I imagine other starter cities) need scaling back (exception being trolls, of course, which have already been scaled back; increased respawn rate for them is now great); certainly the goblins and spiders, which are some of the first mobs new players will be fighting. New players with lower gear/skill need to be able to clear an easy spawn and still have time to loot and skin, and it's simply not possible right now.
Did you know you can ignore toxic posters, stopping the forum from showing you the text of their posts? Starving trolls eventually move on. Please don't feed the trolls.

Reply #16
Maybe introduce a new color 'blue' for New Player friendly.  Current spawn rate for these starter mobs are overwhelming for new players.  They are just learning basics, most don't even transfer.
  • Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 01:34:13 am by Fore Core

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
Time for the devs to realize that global tweaking isn't sufficient.

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #18
Lets see the ciel fey's, brownies, lizardmen, cave trolls, for sure are just too fast.  while sarlids could be bumped up a smedge. Skeltons might be a tad slow, but better then the sarlids.

Reply #19
Maybe introduce a new color 'blue' for New Player friendly.  Current spawn rate for these starter mobs are overwhelming for new players.  They are just learning basics, most don't even transfer.
They will learn faster this way. If mobs are demanding it'll be less of a shock when they fight players.

Reply #20
sarlid dungeon in wolflands.....the room with the sarlid for the quest....is insane now.
Seems to be in a star-wars movie with the magic spam coming from all those mobs and with the way they respawn...

Reply #21
@dariobrun there's 2 rooms with Sarlids in Larethain dungeon; first one has 12 mobs (70% darkweavers for quest), second one has 7 mobs (80% darkweavers for quest).

When we do it as a group, we usually do the big room. When I'm solo or duo I'm/we're in 2nd room.

It may be a bit on the too hard side, but I enjoy when PvE is challenging :)
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #22
@dariobrun there's 2 rooms with Sarlids in Larethain dungeon; first one has 12 mobs (70% darkweavers for quest), second one has 7 mobs (80% darkweavers for quest).
I tried the one with the veilron key (i think is the big spawn) and, before patch i was able to do it with 2-3 friends (never went there alone, so can't comment on soloing) pretty well with basically no downtime.
I went there yesterday with a friend....and it was like a star-wars movie....spells and lights flying everywhere, no time to even loot the tombs (let alone skin them), not a single SECOND of pause....to me that is not challenging, it is a chore.

Reply #23
Honestly I didn't think much of this change but this is my most favorite change so far. So many spawns have really amped up in difficulty and are really fun now. Please single out troublesome spawns this is definitely a good change overall.
Again goblins/trolls have not been scaled, honestly all green mobs could've probably been excluded.
Having some of the most fun I've had PvE all Darkfalls right now at some spawns!

And yeah the 'lower the wholes spawns hp then wipe' is a great strat if your having troubles looting. If that's a 'trick' so is dodging lol
  • Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 03:54:46 pm by bakken

Reply #24
Ub3rgames how about letting players choose? Herbalist can create 2 totems once dropped good for 15 min

Slower spawn
Decrease Spawn size

If spawn is slowed or decreased by players it can't have negative economy impact.

Reply #25
Ub3rgames how about letting players choose? Herbalist can create 2 totems once dropped good for 15 min

Slower spawn
Decrease Spawn size

If spawn is slowed or decreased by players it can't have negative economy impact.

Great idea, but I'd rather see it go the other way around - put the spawns back to normal and let the advanced players spend the resources to use totems to increase size and respawn rate. Even let them stack, albeit with dismissing returns. The advanced players are the ones with the money to burn and/or the skills to get the totems made, after all. :-)

@Ub3rgames  - I'd also like to add the green Akathar sw of Mir Bellith to the list to revert spawn size please. Again, as a green spawn it should be possible for a lower level player with r20 gear to wipe them and have time to loot and skin, but it's not possible when you have six to deal with. As it is, I stayed long enough to kill the five I needed for the quest plus a few extra, but I wasn't able to loot/skin more than a couple, which I did under constant fire and knock backs. Please try the spawn yourself solo with a lower skilled character and r20 gear if you're not sure.
  • Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 08:35:07 pm by pellaz
Did you know you can ignore toxic posters, stopping the forum from showing you the text of their posts? Starving trolls eventually move on. Please don't feed the trolls.

Reply #26
They will learn faster this way. If mobs are demanding it'll be less of a shock when they fight players.

I disagree. First, it's not everyone's goal to be great at pvp. Second, even if it is someone's goal, fightening mobs simply doesn't translate to pvp skill. Third, the game should be fun for new, low end players, not a punishing lesson or work. Many if not most of the green/easy spawns, certainly those by starter towns and those that involve quests like getting into a camp and striking a shrine, need to be soloable by newer players with lower rank gear.

The spawns will increase in number based on number of players present, and there's simply no reason for green spawns to have six mobs, especially now that the respawn rate is faster.
  • Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 08:37:35 pm by pellaz

Reply #27
The spawns will increase in number based on number of players present, and there's simply no reason for green spawns to have six mobs, especially now that the respawn rate is faster.
Don't worry, Goblins and Trolls didn't get buffed. They are still your buddies you can farm solo.

Reply #28
Don't worry, Goblins and Trolls didn't get buffed. They are still your buddies you can farm solo.

Trolls, I know (though they had originally increased spans with troll shamans and rolled it back a day or two later after I flagged this).

Goblins, you made me question. I'm pretty sure these were four to a spawn originally, weren't they? I've just checked the map and they're now five. I'm pretty sure they were six right after the patch, so either I'm losing my mind or they tweaked this after, too.

I haven't fought them the last few days, but if it was five right after the patch, then this is too high. I watched a couple of new players struggling with the goblins the day after the patch and they pulled out eventually, leaving tons of unlooted tombs. If they've only recently tweaked it down to five, then I'd need to retest to be sure, but I'd think five is still too high with the faster respawn rate for one low level player.

Reply #29
Great idea, but I'd rather see it go the other way around - put the spawns back to normal and let the advanced players spend the resources to use totems to increase size and respawn rate. Even let them stack, albeit with dismissing returns. The advanced players are the ones with the money to burn and/or the skills to get the totems made, after all. :-)
That would probably the best solution indeed, putting in a gold sink (and giving herbalism some more utility) and giving people the choice on how much they want to scale the spawn would be perfect.
It would probably need quite a bit of programming to make, though, but in the long run could be a great addition to the game