Skip to main content

Topic: Spawn rates (Read 1076 times) previous topic - next topic

Spawn rates
I like that spawn rates were tweaked but so far a solo player has a hard time with some spawns when comes to looting and skinning they just re-spawn way to quick and make it near impossible to skin or loot.  God knows how insane it would be with a party.

Re: Spawn rates
Reply #1
I like that spawn rates were tweaked but so far a solo player has a hard time with some spawns when comes to looting and skinning they just re-spawn way to quick and make it near impossible to skin or loot.  God knows how insane it would be with a party.
When doing harder spawns then goblins or high level spawns you gotta lure the mobs to a position where you can skin and loot them safely. If that doesn't work, damage them all to 5% hp and then kill them all of at once, loot/skin until next wave spawns.

Reply #2
Agree with OP, they twaked the spawn rates a bit too much with last patch and we went from too much downtime to nearly unable to loot tombs on most spawns (at least this was my experience in all the spawns i have been farming at: i was able to do them easily with some downtime too earlier on, now i struggle to even kill the mobs because they are more and spawn much faster).

If you have to reduce yourself to using "tricks" such as lowering all mobs to 5% life before killing them all at the same time just to be able to loot/skin them, then it means that they spawn too fast.
You should not have to do such things just to be able to loot

Reply #3
I don't have to, I am killing every spawn I go to with ease. I am just recommending a newbie to use tricks (you can't balance the game around newbies only.) For the first time in darkfall history we don't need to have downtime when killing mobs. This is super amazing.
It's like saying you can't effectively dodge the projectiles of 6 ogres or crogs, you just gotta learn to do it, practice. Same with all other mobs... Find a way to kill it efficiently.
please don't make the GMs dumb everything down again.

(Newbie is not a bad thing btw, we were all newbies once)

To all newbies out there (especially alfars): If you need any help ingame in pve, don't hesitate to pm me on forums or ingame (kraj roz / tackeo neox), for tips and tricks or cheap gear and weapons, newbies get big discount!

Reply #4
I don't have to, I am killing every spawn I go to with ease. I am just recommending a newbie to use tricks (you can't balance the game around newbies only.) For the first time in darkfall history we don't need to have downtime when killing mobs. This is super amazing.
But you can't even balance the game around the most experienced/good/equipped players either because it will mean that, while you have fun with your non-stop farming, everyone else will struggle.

I am no newbie at all, have a good developed char and have played the game for quite a lot, and i still find it really annoying how fast the mobs respawn right now in most spots.
Just a few examples from the spot i used to farm pre patch:
-I was able to farm efficently solo a spot with 4-6 svarteinger general/summoners before patch but now i can barely manage to kill any of them because there are 2-3 more mobs in the spawn shooting me down AND even when i manage to kill one, it will repop in like 5 seconds so i am constantly having to fight against a full spawn of mob. I tried 2-3 different spots i was using and they have been all the same

-the undead dwarves daily dungeon in dwarf lands: the first room was doable alone pretty well with even some downtime here and there. Now i have to run out of the room to heal up/restat because there are like 8+ mobs there, and they respawn at crazy speeds too

-(reported by a guildmate) there was a 6-8 hobgoblin spawn he used to farm which has now become a 12 mob spawn with crazy fast respawn rates. You could easily do them earlier on, now he had to flee/restat quite frequently even in plate (when we used to be able to farm it in just scale/leather) because they repop so fast that you don't have time to restat in between fights

I am not saying they should go back to the previous spawn rates as they were a bit too slow in many spots....but they went too far on the other side right now, imho, making most PvE spots nearly undoable unless you have a high skilled char, use high quality gear AND are an experienced player.

Reply #5
Write down which specific spawns (mob composition + coordinates) are problematic and report it to Ub3rgames, either via PM on forums, or via one of bug-report threads.

I haven't had much problems with PvE since the patch, but I maybe tried 20 different spawns. There's quite a bit more than that in the world :)

PS remove knockback from mob ranged attacks <.< Ogres, Salamanders etc  :P
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6

Or add grounded status while skinning.

Reply #7

Or add grounded status while skinning.
That'd be a nice buff to skinning title once skinning fails get removed.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #8
forget dungeons solo forget any harder mob spawns with ranged knock back solo so farm green mobs or ones you need nothing from or meditate please fix i want to play not meditate numbers are fine for most part respawn is too fast

Reply #9
forget dungeons solo forget any harder mob spawns with ranged knock back solo so farm green mobs or ones you need nothing from or meditate please fix i want to play not meditate numbers are fine for most part respawn is too fast

Dungeons were fine before the patch, they were the only places where you got a decent respawn rate solo, now they're overtuned slightly.

But the rest? Yellow mobs are almost in the right spot now but for harder ones, still you need to wait like few minutes for them to respawn. That's from my limited experience, so Idk what are you talking about...

this please:
Write down which specific spawns (mob composition + coordinates) are problematic and report it to Ub3rgames, either via PM on forums, or via one of bug-report threads.
  • Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 10:14:12 am by sodapop

Reply #10
I love the change. Finally there is a reason for so many spawns of same mobs to exist. Spawns should differ in numbers from 3 to 10 mobs, letting everyone to find optimal one for a group they are with.

Reply #11
Velmuna dungeon Shade Salamander area is much too hard due to mix of acid pools and faster timer.  This was already one of the hardest dungeons.  I've done this Daily a zillion times and I cannot skin most mobs now as they cannot given the topography be coxed into specific areas to kill away from the respawn points.

Faster timer is more a problem than the increase # of mobs.

Ahu Ishtra Tomb Iklit room should have both reduction in mobs and timer.  The only way to kill is to gradually wear down groups of them, but it takes 15-20 minutes solo to even get a few down in HP given the way they run around and the need to stay at leash point at all times. (I'm doing this the honest way, not sure if old exploits still work there.)  This is a very constricted quest since only infliction and Impale can be used.  Anything else is instant death without dedicated healer(s).

Reply #12
ogre bully at 11.8W 19.48S: it's a very sad spawn.  Just one ogre bully spawns, even after last patch, and respawn feels painfully slow. 

Reply #13
If you have to reduce yourself to using "tricks" such as lowering all mobs to 5% life before killing them all at the same time just to be able to loot/skin them, then it means that they spawn too fast.
You should not have to do such things just to be able to loot

How is this a "trick"? It's a tactic and should be used.  You get to decide if you want to be able to consistently kill and not be able to loot and keep the spawn maintained, or deal with all of them at once and kill them all at once so you can loot / skin.  This is great and I actually enjoy the added challenge of having to keep a 6 spawn alive and beat them up a little at a time then finish them all off quickly.

Reply #14
Svartnann dungeon, the spawn where the lenspar chest is was hard but doable before the change with already something like 6+ mobs spawning pretty fast...now it is almost impossible to keep up with them

Otredale dungeon, the initial big room is now really hard to do since there is a ton of mobs there shooting arrows at you from anywhere and respawning at crazy rates. Before they spawned a bit too slown, now they spawn way too fast....imho it could have been good something in the middle, like keeping the same number but increasing spawn rate or increasing number but keeping same spawn rate...both is a bit too much
  • Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 08:16:19 pm by dariobrun