Skip to main content

Topic: Clan drops holding, members lose everything in the bank in that holding. (Read 2248 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Clan drops holding, members lose everything in the bank in that holding.
Reply #45
LB is an organic concept. It is a natural conclusion. Problem is that most people playing the game now, played the original games before. So they are simply pampered and effeminated. They are so used to GB and hate to give up their comfort and security. Really new players don't mind, because they simply don't know the difference.

If you played other games like UO, MO, EVE, etc. there is no concept of GB either. Everything is LB.
Also survival games like Ark, Rust, DayZ, ... have local storage. And unlike Darkfall, if your base ("holding") gets raided, you lose everything, including your "bank".

There are quite some design flaws, as we can see here, yes. But stop blaming the devs for your inability to let go and adapt to new concepts. "Vets" pretend to be part of a "hardcore" game, but yet complain about every inconvienence.
Finally a good post from this poster. Hard to believe it but it's possible. And I'm not necessary talking about him being pro LB or anti LB but rather about him reasoning and actually explaining his point of view. I'd like more posts like this.

The biggest difference between games like DND and EVE of course being those other games are actually good and all mechanics in the game work well together.

Don't justify Ub3rs decisions by relating to games that were designed well.  LB is a great idea... but only if done right.  Clearly DND has missed the mark for most people hence the 100 actives that may be in the game at any given time.

Reply #46
[...] this bank losing [...] that you lose all your gear in there.
Except that you don't really lose all your stuff in there, you are just blocked out.

Other than that, it has already been commonly agreed on in this thread that this is an obvious design flaw and should be fixed. @Ub3rgames

But why block us out?  Is there any good reason for the bank in an abandoned holding to disappear right away?

So are you suggesting the local bank at a holding should stay up for some amount of time after being dropped?

Im not sure ive seen this suggestion before but maybe its worth considering.

I would vote for it staying up forever, unless someone can provide a good reason for it not to.

Reply #47
I would vote for it staying up forever, unless someone can provide a good reason for it not to.
It eliminates the risk for raiders. Jump some holding, kill the people, take their loot, bank it instantly and come back to retrieve it when nobody is active.

• MKH
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #48
It eliminates the risk for raiders. Jump some holding, kill the people, take their loot, bank it instantly and come back to retrieve it when nobody is active.
Except you can't use holdings bank unless it's set free to all, so no your theory won't work.
Viil Taja

Reply #49
this retards killed last 150 players with their amazing ideas.
close server pls

Reply #50
Except you can't use holdings bank unless it's set free to all, so no your theory won't work.
Maybe re-read the last 2-3 postings. It is related to the question if the bank should stay open forever, after a clan dropped a holding.

Reply #51
Well based on what Ub3r has said im going to say its going to be a local withdraw only from the bindstone or something similar.

Reply #52
Yep brought this up with GM Marc on how stupid it was. There is also another problem which is if a SG kicks you or you leave the clan but didnt clear out your bank at the holding. You can't retrieve your items unless SG gives your bank access again or sets the bank to public...

And you wonder why this game is dead...

Reply #53

I'm talking about after the holding is abandoned. 

• MKH
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #54
Maybe re-read the last 2-3 postings. It is related to the question if the bank should stay open forever, after a clan dropped a holding.

And what exactly are you raiding there then? Empty holding? I was refering to comment saying it would promote risk free raiding.
Viil Taja

Reply #55
Unbelievable freaking game with zero documentation on

How retrieval works
How alignment works
How war dec works
How seige works
How enchanting works
How negative clan med points works
How titles dropping works
Super long list.

Unless you bookmark particular post from uber....

The promised wiki never made it

None of the "hall of fame" idea from indev never made it either.  This dates back to when Ub3r stated meditation points and holdings would carry over, as well as awards to top indev contributors via gameplay(crafts,pve,pve,etc)/bug reports.  I personally don't care, but just another "didn't make it" addition.

Waaaay too much food on their plate.
  • Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 01:13:44 pm by Mordisk

• Meth
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #56
lmfao im happy i check back every month to see how things are still failing.
Quote from: Ub3rgames
Please understand that unlike during InDev, we are forced to communicate only once per week at most.

The writing of this reply has taken a bit more than a full man-day.

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #57
Unbelievable freaking game with zero documentation on

How retrieval works
How alignment works
How war dec works
How seige works
How enchanting works
How negative clan med points works
How titles dropping works
Super long list.

Unless you bookmark particular post from uber....

The promised wiki never made it

None of the "hall of fame" idea from indev never made it either.  This dates back to when Ub3r stated meditation points and holdings would carry over, as well as awards to top indev contributors via gameplay(crafts,pve,pve,etc)/bug reports.  I personally don't care, but just another "didn't make it" addition.

Waaaay too much food on their plate.
Marketing guy made too much empty promises

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #58
Info from a siege today: we had some stuff in personal banks in a hamlet that was taken and were able to recover our own stuff this eve, within hours of the siege being over. Still checking the CV there, it was mostly empty anyways

Reply #59
Info from a siege today: we had some stuff in personal banks in a hamlet that was taken and were able to recover our own stuff this eve, within hours of the siege being over. Still checking the CV there, it was mostly empty anyways

Yeah seiges arnt the problem... the retrieval works just fine for sieges. It doesn't work for exactly the situations I said above... Its broken af.