Skip to main content

Topic: Clan drops holding, members lose everything in the bank in that holding. (Read 2492 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Clan drops holding, members lose everything in the bank in that holding.
Reply #15
What clan and who is this incompetent leader that didn't warn their members? Do offline meditation for a week :)

No offense, but this is a stupid comment.  Clan leadership cannot be expected to keep track of all their members' play schedules.

This is a colossally stupid game mechanic.  The fact that clans are abandoning holdings is nothing but a symptom that the game is dying, and this result from abandoning holdings will just encourage more players to quit.
Apologize didn't know loot is lost forever. Stupid mechanic, it needs to return to player vault

Then the problem is that a clan can move its entire bank from one location to another simply by abandoning a holding. The loot is not lost forever its still in that location the moment a bank is put up so you can for a 20k shard and 10 mods reaccess everything or wait until someone takes it and get access to the bank and though these are inconviences being able to move the contents of every player and clan from one bank to another simply by abandoning a holding is game breaking.

If I can go to niff claim an open holding and farm for a week and then abandon to get everything back to my main base the whole risk reward of regionalization is completely out the window.

You're missing the point.  There shouldn't be any open holdings, and fragging people's banks because their clan population is dwindling and they take a week off is a horrible game mechanic.  If that's what it takes for local banking not to be "game breaking," then local banking is dumb. 

And an easy solution to the supposed problem you identified is to limit access to the retrieval vault to NPC/Chaos cities.  Made up problem solved.

Reply #16
What clan and who is this incompetent leader that didn't warn their members? Do offline meditation for a week :)

No offense, but this is a stupid comment.  Clan leadership cannot be expected to keep track of all their members' play schedules.

This is a colossally stupid game mechanic.  The fact that clans are abandoning holdings is nothing but a symptom that the game is dying, and this result from abandoning holdings will just encourage more players to quit.

Clans could leap frog to center if this mechanic wasn't in.....

...and yes 'game is dying OMG! 2009' and has nothing to do with Clans having too many Holdings or having Holdings too far spread out for their members to support

The fact that the game is dying is exactly why clans are forced to abandon holdings.

Reply #17
You can't take a holding back. It's much more complex than 20k shards and 10 building mods...

Another rogue clan can take it
The holding can have negative med balance
Your leader won't allow it
You have to leave clan and create another one.

It should go to nearest wild bank so it doesn't matter if you are blue or red. It will solve clan exploiting loot from one end of Agon to another..

Reply #18
You can't take a holding back. It's much more complex than 20k shards and 10 building mods...

Another rogue clan can take it
The holding can have negative med balance
Your leader won't allow it
You have to leave clan and create another one.

It should go to nearest wild bank so it doesn't matter if you are blue or red. It will solve clan exploiting loot from one end of Agon to another..

I would accept this with also a 1 week 'holding period' since most people who arent getting any warning are probably not active and as such a week shouldnt matter and everyone who is active and doesnt want to wait the week can move their stuff themselves.

PS you cant abandon a holding that owes med and we all have to deal with the same mechanics so you would be surprised how many clans would likely just get your stuff after taking the holding because they might get in the same situation some day and better to have good karma going into it.

Clans could leap frog to center if this mechanic wasn't in.....

...and yes 'game is dying OMG! 2009' and has nothing to do with Clans having too many Holdings or having Holdings too far spread out for their members to support

The fact that the game is dying is exactly why clans are forced to abandon holdings.

The population is going down but the changes to village med rewards and cycling times probably has as much an effect, because before you could get a lot more med from villages and if you had a lot of holdings you could 'pin down' some local villages and just keep capping them, now things travel in and out of time zones and what you do get rewards less.

So say 100k clan generated med you needed for say 2 cities at 10k with hypothetical 5 people was only really 1 village and you could lock the same one down that was good for you both in location and the group size of competition, where now those 5 would need 2 villages and would have to travel around hoping their average of a 5 man squad can hold up at some more centrally located villages still maintaining 2 a day as the clocks shift over 25 days.
  • Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 05:58:12 am by Mycke

Reply #19
Why can't it just be retrieved from the nearest chaos bank? That doesn't give much incentive to intentionally abandon cities as a way of moving items and it eliminates players getting screwed because a clan abandoned a city without warning or they got booted. It also allows inactive players to return to the game at some point and not find their banks missing (causing them to quit again). I lost my original bank when I didn't play in March and my clan went inactive and I even recently lost 1500 reagents when I stuck them in an allied bank near a spawn that I wanted to farm but they abandoned the city within 24 hours (bad luck). This isn't stopping me, it just seem unnecessarily annoying and I can't imagine how a casual player would react to this.

Reply #20
It should be retrievable from the same location. Retrieval option should be always available. With one restriction - you take all or nothing. Introduce a gnome NPC or even make bindstone serve as placeholder to allow retrieval when holding is abandoned.

NO to moving goods to any other location. But also NO to retrieval not being possible when holding is abandoned. Another example of ub3rgames' lack of imagination and lack of testing of core features.
  • Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 07:52:00 am by wildNothing

Reply #21
Agreed, a Chaos bank retrieval in the case of abandoned holdings seems a good route.  Or perhaps this special Retrieval is ONLY available at the Chaos bank that is closest to the abandoned holding.

Reply #22
Why can't it just be retrieved from the nearest chaos bank?
Agreed, a Chaos bank retrieval in the case of abandoned holdings seems a good route.
oh god, please no.
First of all I'm sure it could be abused to move goods.
And it will be even more confusing. How should a player know where his goods were moved? Why were they moved to the chaos bank in the middle of nowhere? Makes no sense. Bad bad idea.

Reply #23
Yes that is how it works- the items will be available in the recovery bank in a week. Do be careful with your holdings, this one is the fault of the leadership. This has been known for months.

If another clan grabs the holding I believe you can ask nicely for bank access and get your stuff sooner.

Where in the game is this stated or explained so that your average clan member would know? You're such a fucking fanboy that you will excuse anything no matter how poorly designed it is.
Dog

Reply #24
the question is.. if you try to siege back the holding from new owners, will your banks go to the retrieval vault anyway if you win?

Reply #25
the question is.. if you try to siege back the holding from new owners, will your banks go to the retrieval vault anyway if you win?

Yes anything in any bank when a holding is lost to a siege goes to retrieval

• MKH
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #26

Can you access retrieval bank from any bank in game? If you can you can just sell holding and let other win siege and then get all your stuff any place in Agon. Seem like a very abuseable system if it's so.
Viil Taja

Reply #27

Can you access retrieval bank from any bank in game? If you can you can just sell holding and let other win siege and then get all your stuff any place in Agon. Seem like a very abuseable system if it's so.

yes, i did this recently and you can retrieve anywhere .  banked a bunch of gear in shargal knowing it was being sold and sieged. retrieved all that gear in talpec yssam.

Reply #28

yes, i did this recently and you can retrieve anywhere .  banked a bunch of gear in shargal knowing it was being sold and sieged. retrieved all that gear in talpec yssam.
No fucking way. :)

Reply #29
it just seem unnecessarily annoying

Stick to the "vision" or leave.