Skip to main content

Topic: Earth Magic (Read 561 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Earth Magic
Reply #15
Gosti, line an example: Blizzard have same casting speed like Shards....

https://youtu.be/x7jW7RBVNkA?t=31
  • Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 11:58:55 am by Unknowm Mantra

Reply #16
Gosti, line an example: Blizzard have same casting speed like Shards....
And that's what he said (not in so many words).
"All nukes but blizzard have same casting speed. Meteor is different because its off shared CD. Same for magma."
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #17
Can you test it or it is only due your feelings?

Just like an example, can you compare my numbers to yourz?

Darkscepter 32,89 casting speed 100 quickcasting  passvie (Earth), 6.45 casting speed traits, +2 earth potency = 2.43 metheor,  1,63 desentigrate,. same set but 51 quickness air (same +2 title) = 1,78.

Sadly but i do not plan to max air quickness to compare this numbers. But may be you have close passives and can do same (on different elemental schools)

Reply #18
Stuff like dmg, stat cost, casting speed and flying speed realy should be in the spell descriptions... doing tests is waaaay too tedious... and MMO players love numbers! Give us more numbers ingame @Ub3rgames !

edit: Cooldowns!!!
  • Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 07:18:54 pm by Searven

Reply #19
Do we really need them ? As long as devs knows the value they can check if statements are wrong or right and either tweak someting or just don't do antyhing. Everyone is biased towards magic of their choice but there are some things that are really hard to compare with pure numbers. How do you compare what is better: 2 aoe that you can't miss or faster casting speed of something.
  • Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 12:57:00 pm by Drthelunghar
Thsstsshs Shthss

Reply #20
As inDev experiance shows, devs do not make notice to some small numbers, but they can be broken, as damsge was. I asking about full days in descriptiin since beta, but its so Hard to do....

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
Not everyone has to be biased Dre.
Everyone is bitching about infliction but I think it's totally fine. I also think air is too strong overall. And guess what (well ok you already know :P ) I have both as a title.

Reply #22
Stuff like dmg, stat cost, casting speed and flying speed realy should be in the spell descriptions... doing tests is waaaay too tedious... and MMO players love numbers! Give us more numbers ingame @Ub3rgames !
This x1000

@Ub3rgames
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Garbage Men

Reply #23
I also think air is too strong overall. And guess what (well ok you already know :P ) I have both as a title.
Air is too strong as long as you can do full fall dmg with comehiter, it's supposed to be changed as I understand, apart from that it's on pair with buffed water I would say. Also it all depends on playstyle I keep hearing that fire is the strongest but I don't think we have one mage in Rats that has fire title. Anyways my opinion is that 4 elemental schools are all on pretty much the same level (once earth will get it's properly working and viable earthquake).
Thsstsshs Shthss

Reply #24
From tests we found earth is the no frill but highest base damage school, so its probably not a great single pick school for a mage that isn't naturally survivable because of the lack of secondary effects but if you wanted the highest dps single school then earth is it and once they give earthquake movement it will also be the best finishing school near (earthquake) and far (meteor).

Reply #25
i cant say that earth magic spells deal more dmg than others....all bolts same,  light prot ios lowest on most of armor's, inferno have most damage water + air have 40% stamina drain...

Reply #26
Air actually has higher dmg on r90 than water.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #27
Lightning prot is lower ONLY on heavy armour. Not most...

Reply #28
all scholls have 1-3 amazing spells,and they all balanced.
earth have pungent mist,stamina drain and broken impale,because its not instant ray anymore.So if you want to balance earth,just give fullpower instant cast impale ray to a title.
  • Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 08:11:21 pm by huem vzhopu po pizde

Reply #29
Pungent mist aoe blind too.. like cave trolls when u melee them.
  • Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 03:15:05 pm by Mordisk