Skip to main content

Topic: So about the Kraken NERF...... (Read 1451 times) previous topic - next topic

So about the Kraken NERF......
- Scaling changes:
    - A majority of spawns have had their base size increased by 50% and their respawn time reduced by 25%.
    - Size scaling per additional player has been decreased in proportion, resulting in a form of frontloading of size scaling.
    - Goblins, trolls, boss monsters and rare ore golems have not been impacted by this change.
    - Demon, devil and minotor king respawn 2.25 times faster.
    - Kraken scaling has been reduced.

LITERALLY, THE POST I MADE ABOUT THE KRAKEN WAS A TOTAL JOKE, AND I MADE UP EVERYTHING, IT GOES TO SHOW YOU HOW MUCH THE COMMUNITY CAN SAY WHATEVER THEY WANT TO GET WHAT THEY WANT

ALSO IVAR_THEBONELESS IS A TOTAL IDIOT, LIKE IF YOU AGREE
  • Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 01:11:24 am by FireChilled

Re: So about the Kraken NERF......
Reply #1
CONTENT
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #2
Strange how they nerf it anyway, seen as they said it was fine.

Reply #3
needed to be toned down anyway, scaled up they were dropping far too many ship modules.

You want more ships in the world, but not to the point no one gives a shit about losing them to begin with.

Reply #4
So instead of putting in a good system , they instead just tweaked the numbers on their shitty system?  That's incredibly sad.

Reply #5
pretty weird they didnt call you out on your troll numbers, i thought ub3r were literal gods of numbers and math and knew everything? judging by now they have made a perfect game out of just theorycrafting and never playing it themselves you would think they would have knew
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

Reply #6

I said you complain constantly in the short time I've heard you in comm's , like a bitch and I called you a woman...

... and instead of dropping it like two men who didn't get along, you bring it to the forums like a woman.

Thanks for the distraction 76ers are crushing it

Reply #7

I said you complain constantly in the short time I've heard you in comm's , like a bitch and I called you a woman...

... and instead of dropping it like two men who didn't get along, you bring it to the forums like a woman.

Funny thing, when I was in comms with you I kept thinking you were a little bitch.

You are so sure you are right about anything you talk about and everyone else is wrong or bad that you literally come off as autistic.

You sound like a gayer Sheldon from the Big Bang theory.

Reply #8
It was indeed thanks to the discussion sparked in your thread, but not your opening post.
It made us realize how little players could actually do, or to be more precise, how little they felt/knew they could do.
Numbers or factual evidence do not matter if they are not believed.

In reaction, we are changing how scaling works for "boss" monsters by comparison to regular monsters.
We gave Kraken their own line so that they didn't feel like a ninja patch, but the devils and other mobs got a similar treatment.
Rather than balance around the top end and say "you can do it if you try", we're going to try and balance around the average player.

In conclusion: we've been elitists regarding PvE, and are correcting course by bumping the low end and lowering the top end.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #9
It's about time you lowered the top end.  It shouldn't take much thought to figure out that two ice dragons spawning from four players is ridiculous.

Reply #10
"fake" even though i heard someone killed your alts and took the ships at kraken, seems legit

Reply #11
It's about time you lowered the top end.  It shouldn't take much thought to figure out that two ice dragons spawning from four players is ridiculous.

Its 2 at 6 and we actually killed one in indev and it practically took all day with 5 people losing one around half way and we figured with a solid fully developed 5 person group who knew the mechanics its still going to take a few hours to kill one at best, so 2 is just top much work be it 4 people or 10 lol

Reply #12

yeah but everyone does think you're a mongaloid.
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

Reply #13
In conclusion: we've been elitists regarding PvE, and are correcting course by bumping the low end and lowering the top end.

By low end I take it green mobs no one farms and top end meaning red mobs players do and might farm?

Of course it will help new players but there isn't many of them, i dunno...  the ying and yang seems off.

A average player farms yellow, so over all this is a nerf and doesn't really benefit anyone long term. I hope by low end you mean yellow mobs as well, a goblin spawn buff ain't very appealing.

needed to be toned down anyway, scaled up they were dropping far too many ship modules.

You want more ships in the world, but not to the point no one gives a shit about losing them to begin with.

Well no one really gives a shit about making them, theres no point until the game has both sea towers and the players to man larger ships, they are sadly a novelty.
  • Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 02:11:28 pm by Machinist

My missus is fit actually I cant beleive she still has sex with me

New Dawn Best UI Winner 2018 - Add me on Snapchat - tinydicksteve69

Reply #14
Can confirm yellow and orange mobs are indeed better.
85% /s