Skip to main content

Topic: Feedback on Meditation (Read 190 times) previous topic - next topic

Feedback on Meditation
I'm aware that this has been discussed lots, I just want to show my experience with it recently.

I played melee archery for over 2 months with the plan being to later switch to magic, the meditation for melee archery is fairly generic you meditate / PH to 75 in archery and weapon to unlock the masteries then level those while meditating quickness and then switch to dex. That's pretty simple and you're atleast productive with the PvE while doing this.

Recently I changed to mage titles and started leveling magic, before I could really get started (farming for profit, grinding skill) I would need mana conservation at 55 int and the main school to 50 for mana eff. That wasn't much of a problem. Then I needed to get Archmage at 75 int which I choose to meditate rather then farm actively (did 1 PH every day until I got tired of it and just waited).

At this point I've been mostly offline for about a week, and even though I had Archmage and was leveling my main school past 75 it felt like I was not being efficient farming / grinding without getting intensify first. PH was giving maybe 1 point / hour with scaling of 3 (2 alts) this got very boring so I decided to med to 100 before I do any more farming. It would be maybe 2 weeks of less active play that I would be happy to be online playing the game but I don't really feel like it's worth doing because I have these things to meditate.

No problems with things taking time to level but I feel frustrated that I want to be logging in and playing, and feeling like I'm gimping myself for playing the game instead of meditating offline.

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Feedback on Meditation
Reply #1
Seems like your problem is that you don't have any alts. Should've just continued enjoying playing the archer build for a few monhs while during that time you could have had 3-4 alts meditated with different magic titles.

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #2
No problems with things taking time to level but I feel frustrated that I want to be logging in and playing, and feeling like I'm gimping myself for playing the game instead of meditating offline.
I had similar feling but than I check it. at Fire 9X I was still able to level faster than mediate, you just need good spawn (no alts required), + you have to rember that you are leveling way more than just 1 school while you are playing.
Thsstsshs Shthss

Reply #3
Even 99 -> 100 is faster by playing than meditating.
But meditation keeps you sane, grinding that hard makes you want to uninstall. That's the difference.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #4
Even 99 -> 100 is faster by playing than meditating.
But meditation keeps you sane, grinding that hard makes you want to uninstall. That's the difference.
This. Completely burnt out shooting the same spell over and over x20000 times just to see a number rise ever so slightly
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Garbage Men

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Well I've got arcane ftp. 98.70 to 99.80 yesterday within 1 ph and that's with casting spells from other schools on cooldown, not only arcane bolt spam (explo charge, pungent, lightning strike quite often too).