Skip to main content

Topic: Calling all atheists (Read 1687 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Calling all atheists
Reply #45
a christian who says he "believes" in the bible should read the gilgamesh epos. the story about noa - or should i say Utnapishtim.

The story is kinda the same, other names and other people. In the old text it was a rich man (trader) with own slaves and budget to build the arch... the list is endless in all these myths.

Based on the material evidence (and notwithstanding some differences between the texts and some debatable discrepancies within the Hebrew text), it would seem that the biblical narrative came second to the Babylonian one. Indeed, if Moses was the author of the Hebrew Bible then the biblical Flood narrative dates to circa 1440 B.C.E. But the story of Utnapishtim, even though it is known from the Epic of Gilgamesh which dates back to the 7th century B.C.E. (from an original edition by the incantation priest Sîn-lēqi-unninni sometime between 1300-1100 B.C.E.)

Also in the Epic of Gilgamesh (which is muuuuuch older than the bible texts) there were arround 7 Gods - Subgods and those who fucked with beautifull earth woman. Christians know this story, its about in the old testament about nephilim.

In the Epic of Gilgamesh the story tells us that the Gods decided to flood the earth which they did..just one of them came back to "help" the humans (story of Utnapishtim) he got disowned by the other main-gods. His rank in that "Hall-of Gods" was similar to a jester.

This single god was later formed to the one and only existing God which we know from the monotheism religions from the middle east.

The intersting part comes to the light when people check and try to understand what happened in that time-window (between 1300-8000 b.c.e) arround the earth, and what was written in other cultures (chinese, indians, africans, romans, greeks, ägypts, also vikings and native americans) and from where they got influenced.
  • Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 07:44:21 pm by Prometheus
inDev_ Dusk (12 months) - Subscriber
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!

Reply #46
[
Evidence exists everywhere. Look at your DNA....

Since when is DNA in anyway support for God, I mean your bible says Adam was made from dust not amino acids and complex carbon molecules, now if science discovered we were made up of tiny dust particles sure but if anything DNA proves the bible is a bunch of primitive nonsense, but the faithful will always twist things to support their faith.

Reply #47
It doesent per se have anything to do with this specific discussion, but this too is affected by it.

Am i only one who wonders, look, everything we base our facts and observations on, is merely a small slice of vast universe. We cant possibly percieve what remains outside, beyond our cosmic horizon, of that we only have empirical evidence. Which means the model we have built here might not even be consistent part of the whole.
Whos says sum total has to be uniform when it comes to laws of nature, origins of world(whether designed or evolved). Maybe we are like a small bubble so remote of everything different, that we justly reason, that nothing different exists anywhere else.

I call this phenomena locality, is the idea original, did i read/see it somewhere else? I have no clue.

And there is also time factor when we talk about locality, our world is "here and now," rigorously cut off from "there and then," time serves just as insurmountable barrier as the vast size of universe.

So perhaps god can exist here, but not have anything to do with "there" or "then" or other way round.
  • Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 01:22:35 am by hecate355

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #48
It's the self-transforming machine elves that rule the other dimensions and ours
  • Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 09:29:48 am by mrW

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #49
yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

And Ub3rgames said; It is the way it is, and it was. 8)

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #50
wow this thread really sploded while I was away

keep the dream alive guys, dont let Darkfall die!

Reply #51
Perpetrators always come back to the crime scene!

For the sake of Mental Sanity you are under arrest Soeth Toth. You will be fed to the Trolls.
  • Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 03:59:16 pm by Prokoz

Reply #52
I still don't get why they give a word to something you don't believe in. I don't like the word Atheist, why do I have to be labelled for something I don't give a shit about and don't want to believe in. If I don't believe in the toothfairy as stated before, is there a word for it? I just think it's ridiculous in some countries the norm is to believe in an imaginary weirdo in the sky who has 0 effect on daily live. We would be so much further if we didn't waste so much time and money into believes, churches, mosques etc etc. Start doing something worthwhile.
Mr. Wam Wam

Reply #53
Gods are created to scare some children and control others.

Football, on the other hand, exists and is my true religion.
Chunder McBushpig
Token Horde Australian

Reply #54
Gods are created to scare some children and control others.

Football, on the other hand, exists and is my true religion.

Yes and if football was a religion then there would still be fighting over the shape of the god with the 'rounders' claiming its a Truncated Icosahedron and the 'oblongers' claiming its Vesica Piscis and forever at war with each other over their perceived heresies. ;)
  • Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 05:30:21 pm by Mycke

Reply #55
There's enough literal fighting over football as is. If it was a religion, it'd be even worse.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #56
You gotta be gay if you think women came from monkey's.

Or have a fetish for hairy women.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #57
Chunder McBushpig
Token Horde Australian

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #58
God says hi dudes

He is living happily in his fortress of solitude after all his work

get fucked if you are not open minded enough to admit he is possibility.

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #59
We have one God the  Father

sorry athiests