Skip to main content

Topic: Players leaving, UberGames calls being red "ironman mode" (Read 3084 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Players leaving, UberGames calls being red "ironman mode"
Reply #15
@FireChilled
What Marc had issues understanding was your reasoning for a self-destructing move despite having all the information needed.
He has handled nearly all race changes so far, and was warning you not to use yours to go ARAC because the change was right around the corner.

However, it does make sense as a short term gamble.
If your decisions lead to gains that overshadow the cost of adapting to the consequences, it can end up in your favor.
However you cannot expect to get the reward without a trade-off.

The situation is not ideal, and yes some people may leave over this.
However, more would leave, or worse not join/comeback, if we make a precedent of erasing consequences of actions.
This is an mmorpg. Changes will never stop coming. We cannot punish those that went for the long term strategies.

@dread_og
That page you linked specifically states making choices, being prepared to face consequences and ARACs being viewed as traitors to their races.
This change is essentially a design bugfix, following up on what that page sold, alongside the roadmap and the forums.

You keep using the words "destructive" but that's for us to decide, you don't explain anything or list the changes, you just 1 day patch drop on us this shit and it doesn't make any sense at all. Up your communication or don't respond at all.  You don't give a shit that 60% of your server are ARAC

Lets list the clans off the top of my head
Simiran
SKD
Enclave
Azm Esm

and theres some others, without them, your game is just a shell -- you need to start listening to the people who play your game and stop forcing this vision onto us, most of us don't want it.

Reply #16
Efforts by chinks to hurt our community is massive. Has someone contact law enforcement this type of shit tier slavery is illegal.
Don't take forums seriously; Astroturfing is real, and has ruined the freedoms of speeches we share online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU

Reply #17
Efforts by chinks to hurt our community is massive. Has someone contact law enforcement this type of shit tier slavery is illegal.

Keep your worthless posts out of this topic. Create your own thread if you have nothing to provide.

Reply #18
You need to

1) List the negatives of being red publicly, not a day before they are to be patched in.
2) Be more open about topics, explain the changes you are going to do, like the roadmap, with more detail.
3) Since you chose to release these patches months after the game has came out, you need to give us reds an option to revert back,  just as we had to suffer without ARAC changes since you promised those at launch.
4) Do not keep saying that we made our bed because we decided to attack blues.  We had no information on the changes to come and that you still haven't mentioned to what they are. You told me in a PM you will keep nerfing reds until they are just a minority.  So have you outlined these changes, if so, where?

Reply #19
@Ub3rgames Large amounts of clans are red. Some others have a few reds. Just to have fun in this half finished game with little players.

They are going to get punished (including innocents) or not able to play with friends and clan members.

With this attitude your effectively telling them "tough shit". Both a bad and lazy attitude to have towards the game and player base and considering the player base struggle this game is having, a stubborn stupid one.

Another great decision sir. The vision lives on.

My missus is fit actually I cant beleive she still has sex with me

New Dawn Best UI Winner 2018 - Add me on Snapchat - tinydicksteve69

Reply #20
@Ub3rgames Large amounts of clans are red. Some others have a few reds. Just to have fun in this half finished game with little players.

They are going to get punished (including innocents) or not able to play with friends and clan members.

With this attitude your effectively telling them "tough shit". Both a bad and lazy attitude to have towards the game and player base and considering the player base struggle this game is having, a stubborn stupid one.

Another great decision sir.

They do not understand the wide spread problem this is going to cause, and just saying "tough shit" is going to ruin their game. Having that mentality for a 2 man company is def a red flag.

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
More med drain on death.
Longer stat sickness, of higher magnitude, when you have insufficient med points.
Lower quest rewards.
No access to starter area's and their markets.
Higher wardec and siege costs.

*speculative*
Locked out of racial objective content.
Locked out of sea towers.
Unable to build watchtowers, or at far greater cost.
Reduced effectiveness of city buffs.

Here's the thing though.
If somebody told you its a bad idea to run onto the street without looking.
And because they didnt specify what would hit you, you run out anyway...
Can you really ask for a do-over because you thought a car would be coming but it turned out to be a bus?

They said changes would be coming that would make being red something only truely dedicated pvp players would be able to stomach...

Again, some people did lose alignment defending their holdings ect, so perhaps there's some merit to greatly reducing the cooldown between prayers to allow people to catch up in the days before a patch. But you should be able to understand their PoV aswell...

Reply #22
I fully support @Ub3rgames on this one.

System was faulty, but everyone was warned. Stop with this "someone could not know" bullshit. Find me a clan that was not aware of what ub3r said on this forum. Even if there are people that play and do not read forums, they play with other players that do. Most of clan leaders read it for sure.

And don't even start with being unable to go back to blue on this deserted server. It's as easy as it ever was.
  • Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 11:58:36 pm by wildNothing

Reply #23

Another great decision sir.

They do not understand the wide spread problem this is going to cause, and just saying "tough shit" is going to ruin their game. Having that mentality for a 2 man company is def a red flag.

He's just stubborn and ultimately doesn't give a shit, it's probably why alot of people including whole clans have quit or are inactive even with free playtime.

He doesn't factor in the actual negatives or what actually happens after changes hit live. Even if hes responsible for the fuck ups or fallout, he still won't act to make the game better or the player bases life easier or even... fun so they keep on playing.

And it's a shame really because it all falls on deaf ears. Its not a great motivator to play for the player base who have standards/limited time or get screwed over.

Reply #24
More med drain on death.
Longer stat sickness, of higher magnitude, when you have insufficient med points.
Lower quest rewards.
No access to starter area's and their markets.
Higher wardec and siege costs.

*speculative*
Locked out of racial objective content.
Locked out of sea towers.
Unable to build watchtowers, or at far greater cost.
Reduced effectiveness of city buffs.

Here's the thing though.
If somebody told you its a bad idea to run onto the street without looking.
And because they didnt specify what would hit you, you run out anyway...
Can you really ask for a do-over because you thought a car would be coming but it turned out to be a bus?

They said changes would be coming that would make being red something only truely dedicated pvp players would be able to stomach...

Again, some people did lose alignment defending their holdings ect, so perhaps there's some merit to greatly reducing the cooldown between prayers to allow people to catch up in the days before a patch. But you should be able to understand their PoV aswell...

OK Do me a favor, link me the 20 threads you pulled all this information from...

I'll wait.

@wildNothing Do you even play the game?

Reply #25
I fully support @Ub3rgames on this one.

System was faulty, but everyone was warned. Stop with this "someone could not know" bullshit. Find me a clan that was not aware of what ub3r said on this forum. Even if there are people that play and do not read forums, they play with other players that do. Most of clan leaders read it for sure.

And don't even start with being unable to go back to blue on this deserted server. It's as easy as it ever was.

When was the last time you logged in because I was told you didn't even log in on release by your clan leader. Non existent person. Non existent opinion.

Reply #26
When was the last time you logged in because I was told you didn't even log in on release. Non existent person.
Two days ago.

Reply #27
When was the last time you logged in because I was told you didn't even log in on release. Non existent person.
Two days ago.

Name? Location?

Reply #28
Two days ago.

Name? Location?
Wednesday, midweek.

Reply #29
I dont get your whining. EVERYONE knew it was coming. I doubt there is anyone playing who has no clue about upcoming race wars... And if you decided to go full red, that was your choice... deal with it.