Skip to main content

Topic: Players leaving, UberGames calls being red "ironman mode" (Read 2335 times) previous topic - next topic

Players leaving, UberGames calls being red "ironman mode"
If you do not offer a racial alignment reset for red players, I guarantee you every red player in this game is going to leave. You heard it here first. You simply cannot add in these changes 3-4 months after release then say being "red" is ironman mode, when it takes 28 days to become blue.

Once again I fail to see UberGames logic and its honestly turning me and many players away from the game.

Re: Players leaving, UberGames calls being red "ironman mode"
Reply #1
Good first post girl.
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

Reply #2
They INFORMED of these changes pre-launch. And even said it after launch that these changes were coming.

How you played in the meantime was YOUR choice.

Reply #3
They INFORMED of these changes pre-launch. And even said it after launch that these changes were coming.

How you played in the meantime was YOUR choice.

Gtfo of here with this "pre-launch" crap,   link me a recent post or sticky that someone who isn't literally researching every single piece of the game is going to find. UberGames should not be single replying to threads, if they do, have a dev tracker, because nobody reads every single thread on this forum.

Reply #4
Optional 1 time instant alignment reset for two- three times the amount of gold it would take praying normally seems fair

Reply #5
Optional 1 time instant alignment reset for two- three times the amount of gold it would take praying normally seems fair

Agreed, and race changes should be available as well once racial wars hit.  I already spoke to GM Marc about this, and he apparently was confused by what I meant regarding the uproar he's going to have.  Apparently he had to go ask his team what I meant regarding it and they had to explain it to him. Looks like it doesn't matter anyway, he still didn't understand.   As I said, you've heard it here first-- there will be an uproar, and ubergames will have to quickly fix it or lose many players.

• Valar
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #6

Agreed, and race changes should be available as well once racial wars hit.  I already spoke to GM Marc about this, and he apparently was confused by what I meant regarding the uproar he's going to have.  Apparently he had to go ask his team what I meant regarding it and they had to explain it to him. Looks like it doesn't matter anyway, he still didn't understand.   As I said, you've heard it here first-- there will be an uproar, and ubergames will have to quickly fix it or lose many players.

GM Marc is the team and CEO I think he was bullshitting you.

Reply #7
Nice to meet you FIreChilled, welcome to the fuckery.
dodgy bastard

Reply #8

Its literally 2 guys in a room.

Reply #9
I don't agree with the doom and gloom of players quitting, but i do agree with a 1 time full gold cost alignment reset without the time gating

Reply #10
Gtfo of here with this "pre-launch" crap,   link me a recent post or sticky that someone who isn't literally researching every single piece of the game is going to find. UberGames should not be single replying to threads, if they do, have a dev tracker, because nobody reads every single thread on this forum.

I agree. When I started playing I based my info on this page and it's not very comprehensive:

https://darkfallnewdawn.com/game-info/2-racial-war/

It was only from reading the forums that I learned that red players are supposed to be "punished" and it's a highly discouraged playstyle. It looks like UberGames does a good job of responding to posts but unless you actively followed InDev and read the forums this stuff really isn't obvious.

Reply #11

Agreed, and race changes should be available as well once racial wars hit.  I already spoke to GM Marc about this, and he apparently was confused by what I meant regarding the uproar he's going to have.  Apparently he had to go ask his team what I meant regarding it and they had to explain it to him. Looks like it doesn't matter anyway, he still didn't understand.  As I said, you've heard it here first-- there will be an uproar, and ubergames will have to quickly fix it or lose many players.

Its literally 2 guys in a room.
what marc and his pet spider?
dodgy bastard

Reply #12
@FireChilled
What Marc had issues understanding was your reasoning for a self-destructing move despite having all the information needed.
He has handled nearly all race changes so far, and was warning you not to use yours to go ARAC because the change was right around the corner.

However, it does make sense as a short term gamble.
If your decisions lead to gains that overshadow the cost of adapting to the consequences, it can end up in your favor.
However you cannot expect to get the reward without a trade-off.

The situation is not ideal, and yes some people may leave over this.
However, more would leave, or worse not join/comeback, if we make a precedent of erasing consequences of actions.
This is an mmorpg. Changes will never stop coming. We cannot punish those that went for the long term strategies.

@dread_og
That page you linked specifically states making choices, being prepared to face consequences and ARACs being viewed as traitors to their races.
This change is essentially a design bugfix, following up on what that page sold, alongside the roadmap and the forums.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #13
I don't agree with the doom and gloom of players quitting, but i do agree with a 1 time full gold cost alignment reset without the time gating

Agreed, and race changes should be available as well once racial wars hit.  I already spoke to GM Marc about this, and he apparently was confused by what I meant regarding the uproar he's going to have.  Apparently he had to go ask his team what I meant regarding it and they had to explain it to him. Looks like it doesn't matter anyway, he still didn't understand.  As I said, you've heard it here first-- there will be an uproar, and ubergames will have to quickly fix it or lose many players.

If your around -15 *maybe*

But give a pass to all those guys that attacked Blues in their racial lands the first month and a half, even though- everybody in game was talking about how you better not be red when they put in the ARAC rules, and they mentioned on the forums, and people complained about it not being in the first week, and it was listed on the upcoming road map.....but you somehow missed all that and went deep red?

Ya fuck off.  Quit. People that went deep red and then cry about it now threatening to quit -we don't need you. You're just going to do something stupid 6 months from now, cry about that and ask for a reset again
  • Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 11:15:55 pm by Ivar_theBoneless

Reply #14
@Crisply Vague
That Us vs Them mentality is part of the goal for red clans.
Racial objectives will even be claimable by red/arac clans as if they were a separatist faction.

All 3 main factions will want to go after them, but that should lead to the best experience for those with the stomach for it.
However we know from experience that most players are risk-averse and will go for the optimum path, so that should remain something special and worth being impressed about.

Something like the early PKs in MMOs had that has been missing in Darkfall is that aura of dread. If all are red, they don't matter.
If a handful are red and deadly, then they are content to the rest of the server, and vice versa.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.