Skip to main content

Topic: Newbie questions on mount, herb gathering and crafting choice (Read 245 times) previous topic - next topic

Newbie questions on mount, herb gathering and crafting choice
Hi all,

A few quick questions for you.

First, I've noticed a 2m timer on my mount both when I spawn and dismount it. Is it safe from theft during this time or can it still be stolen? I'm guessing the former, but just want to be sure. (Right now I'm being careful not to recall or dismount near anyone, which can be a pain sometimes.)

Second, I was thinking to try my hand at alchemy, but notice the drop rate on the required herbs is *really* low. I get what seems to be 80% or more drops of mandrake, with the remaining split amongst the herbs and berries. Seems a bit hard to level potions? Or is there a better way than gathering to collect the herbs?

Third, I was originally thinking to go tailoring, but found it a bit difficult to get the cloth. Wood seems simple enough, so I thought woodworking might be easier. But then I thought potions would be better, since they're consumable and might have higher demand, so easier to sell what I make. What're your thoughts on feasibility of making gold between these three? (I'm aiming to be a pretty pure caster, so for theme trying to stick with a craft that 1) will let me earn some gold and 2) fits my theme).
Did you know you can ignore toxic posters, stopping the forum from showing you the text of their posts? Starving trolls eventually move on. Please don't feed the trolls.

Re: Newbie questions on mount, herb gathering and crafting choice
Reply #1
Mount is safe on the timer.

Don't go herbalism as potions drop from mobs and chests, you wont make any gold. Although if you need herbs, kill oaklords.

Tailoring is fine, cloth is ok to get from trolls if you're new, you can go double tailoring title if you want (robes and light armors) as they use the same crafting skill.
  • Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 05:44:26 pm by sodapop

Reply #2
Thanks! I had just ventured a bit further and found the trolls with the cloth. And a good amount of reagent drops, too!
Did you know you can ignore toxic posters, stopping the forum from showing you the text of their posts? Starving trolls eventually move on. Please don't feed the trolls.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
It's gonna take some time to actually get some gold from tailoring. Everything below studded, extravagant robe or bone set is pretty much useless and you wont get a buyer.

Reply #4
He can always sell sacks and bags. Not super profitable, but you can find buyers for those.
Especially in bulk (like 20 of each color)

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #5
Alchemy is also for Staff crafting.

Reply #6
Get as far from a bank as possible for herb gathering a remote island or one of the 4 outer islands like ysamm for example. It can yield 3-4 items per swing and much less mandrakes drops then on mainland. (seriously they need to fix mandrake drops on mainland..)

You can attach your mount and use it as mobile strongbox it cannot be stolen in this state but must be killed to get the inventory items

potions do not sell well for me unless some stamina potions here and there go with staff crafting or tailoring
  • Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 08:08:19 pm by falloutdc
Visually enhance your Darkfall experience
Reshade
Reshade Quick Installer

Reply #7
You can attach your mount and use it as mobile strongbox it cannot be stolen in this state but must be killed to get the inventory items
You can still detach mount or break into mount inventory.

Reply #8
Thanks for all the advice, guys!

Reply #9
You can still detach mount or break into mount inventory.
Good to know :P
Visually enhance your Darkfall experience
Reshade
Reshade Quick Installer

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Hi all,

A few quick questions for you.

First, I've noticed a 2m timer on my mount both when I spawn and dismount it. Is it safe from theft during this time or can it still be stolen? I'm guessing the former, but just want to be sure. (Right now I'm being careful not to recall or dismount near anyone, which can be a pain sometimes.)

Second, I was thinking to try my hand at alchemy, but notice the drop rate on the required herbs is *really* low. I get what seems to be 80% or more drops of mandrake, with the remaining split amongst the herbs and berries. Seems a bit hard to level potions? Or is there a better way than gathering to collect the herbs?

Third, I was originally thinking to go tailoring, but found it a bit difficult to get the cloth. Wood seems simple enough, so I thought woodworking might be easier. But then I thought potions would be better, since they're consumable and might have higher demand, so easier to sell what I make. What're your thoughts on feasibility of making gold between these three? (I'm aiming to be a pretty pure caster, so for theme trying to stick with a craft that 1) will let me earn some gold and 2) fits my theme).
Enjoy the game exploring most things for yourself. I envy this being your first time playing. Have fun
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)