Skip to main content

Topic: Aer Tithil siege (Read 2144 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Aer Tithil siege
Reply #30
DND: Carebear Island edition.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #31
I can't believe this garbage I'm reading. These people go inactive because there's "no content" or "no meaningful alignment" or "nothing to do besides villages" or "nobody sieges" and the moment they get content brought to them on someone else's dime, they complain and say they don't care for pvp?

You're all pve ers or are you inactive? You don't seek meaningless pvp at villages, fine but why complain when someone wants to have some fun?

If someone wants your holding due to you being inactive, don't get mad if you have to defend it. Say good fight after it's over or just go back to inactivity/pve and don't show up.

These boards are getting taken over by a mindset more cancerous than a troll or even a hostile pvp only mindset. It's getting taken over by fan boys and oddly carebear behavior that shouldn't be found in a full loot hardcore game.

I can't even imagine what race wars would look like with only RPers
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #32
I can understand not really wanting to PvP but are you speaking for every single person in lux? Some people who used to pvp 24/7 are currently in that clan not to be seen anywhere at any village or pvp opportunity...

On a slight side note if people have no desire to pvp then owning holdings that you own might attract that when the game has more population(;)) due to 2 of them having mines etc. But hey ho i'm just shoving my play style in peoples faces right?

Not everybody in TTD is the same, there are those who enjoyed the siege(s) they attended.
But the numbers speak for themselves, this clan in its current form would not do well against a war of attrition.
Where battle fatigue seems to happen basicly right away...

Of those pvp orientated people, quite a few feel like the game is lacking...something...and their return for the first siege didnt appear to have filled that hole. They are on discord from time to time, they do duels, they go on some of our pve events. But generally, they dont see this as their main game...if that makes sense?

Of the pve orientated people, quite a few get overwhelmed in pvp. So they dont feel like having to do that on a consistant basis.
Can you jump them at a spawn, ofcourse, thats the risk of being out there. But there's a difference to finding somebody in the open world and dropping a siege to make them come to you.

As for losing holdings, not deserving a spot in the world or contributing to the game.
I already said we might lose holdings if this attacking groups sticks together and keeps going.
But they'd be able to do that against basicly everybody, you just picked us because you thought you'd get good fights out of it.
You got one, the first was meh, the next will depend on who shows up...

There's an important note about the spot in the world here though.
As pointed out there are pvp orientated people in the clan, they just arent always online or where you are in the world.
So we arent just builders and pve, but the point of clan size was to have a community that functions.
Our internal market works, i can take gold...buy basicly any gear bag id want...kill any monster i want...sell the loot for gold and repeat. The prices get updated on supply vs demand, the crafters refill things daily...
You cant then say "oh look a clan with a roster of 200 people, lets combine clans of pvp orientated people to match their numbers and expect the fighting to last for weeks".

The clan is build on the idea that this game is working along the lines of an MMORPG.
People join, not everybody always wants to fight, and thats fine.

There has been consistant activity around erinthel from launch till ...even now.
But as apperant, the scale at which we are around has dropped.
If that didnt contribute to your enjoyment of the game, im sorry you feel that way.
But plenty of people, to this day, come looking for action in our area.

If population picks up and the holdings get picked up by more active clans, they are welcome to do so.
(or try, we may gain activity too)
This is how a persistant world works though...things cycle, change, grow, decline.
You shouldnt dream of a world where 5 years from now the same staple clans are still doing the same thing.
Because it means the game is still as it is now

Reply #33
I can understand not really wanting to PvP but are you speaking for every single person in lux? Some people who used to pvp 24/7 are currently in that clan not to be seen anywhere at any village or pvp opportunity...

On a slight side note if people have no desire to pvp then owning holdings that you own might attract that when the game has more population(;)) due to 2 of them having mines etc. But hey ho i'm just shoving my play style in peoples faces right?

Not everybody in TTD is the same, there are those who enjoyed the siege(s) they attended.
But the numbers speak for themselves, this clan in its current form would not do well against a war of attrition.
Where battle fatigue seems to happen basicly right away...

Of those pvp orientated people, quite a few feel like the game is lacking...something...and their return for the first siege didnt appear to have filled that hole. They are on discord from time to time, they do duels, they go on some of our pve events. But generally, they dont see this as their main game...if that makes sense?

Of the pve orientated people, quite a few get overwhelmed in pvp. So they dont feel like having to do that on a consistant basis.
Can you jump them at a spawn, ofcourse, thats the risk of being out there. But there's a difference to finding somebody in the open world and dropping a siege to make them come to you.

As for losing holdings, not deserving a spot in the world or contributing to the game.
I already said we might lose holdings if this attacking groups sticks together and keeps going.
But they'd be able to do that against basicly everybody, you just picked us because you thought you'd get good fights out of it.
You got one, the first was meh, the next will depend on who shows up...

There's an important note about the spot in the world here though.
As pointed out there are pvp orientated people in the clan, they just arent always online or where you are in the world.
So we arent just builders and pve, but the point of clan size was to have a community that functions.
Our internal market works, i can take gold...buy basicly any gear bag id want...kill any monster i want...sell the loot for gold and repeat. The prices get updated on supply vs demand, the crafters refill things daily...
You cant then say "oh look a clan with a roster of 200 people, lets combine clans of pvp orientated people to match their numbers and expect the fighting to last for weeks".

The clan is build on the idea that this game is working along the lines of an MMORPG.
People join, not everybody always wants to fight, and thats fine.

There has been consistant activity around erinthel from launch till ...even now.
But as apperant, the scale at which we are around has dropped.
If that didnt contribute to your enjoyment of the game, im sorry you feel that way.
But plenty of people, to this day, come looking for action in our area.

If population picks up and the holdings get picked up by more active clans, they are welcome to do so.
(or try, we may gain activity too)
This is how a persistant world works though...things cycle, change, grow, decline.
You shouldnt dream of a world where 5 years from now the same staple clans are still doing the same thing.
Because it means the game is still as it is now

This is the thing, people bring activity to YOU. What are Lux doing to bring activity to the world? EVERY clan on this game attends a local village A. For the med points and B. For the bang of it... The only time you find a bunch of Lux is naked at an Island village. Don't hide behind the causal card either, theres clans like DOH and Mirendil that make the effort to go out banging, where as the more experienced players of Lux chose to hide away and only take fights they are certain to win - like they always have. The irony is you guys are so scared to lose pixels or a fight you do everything possible to avoid it... even when sieged (which you've won twice btw) you cry about it, even though it was actuallly a lot of fun.

Reply #34
Kal Venom seem to think that if someone arent always out there ready and willing to fight against him and his group of players, they are worthless to the game. Sound thinking.
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

Reply #35
Kal Venom seem to think that if someone arent always out there ready and willing to fight against him and his group of players, they are worthless to the game. Sound thinking.

Always? No not at all. Try NEVER.

Reply #36
I dont mind Kal, since he was like that in Zagenda already.

Nuyur explained it very well and there is really not more to add.

Reply #37
I dont mind Kal, since he was like that in Zagenda already.

Nuyur explained it very well and there is really not more to add.

Dunno what that means.

Reply #38
Why doesn't Epoch or GSC siege Aradoth , SKD would bring a good fight

Reply #39
Why doesn't Epoch or GSC siege Aradoth , SKD would bring a good fight
Havnt seen SKD since they moved to aradoth really, saw them once in harjik then they lost a fight and vanished.. Also I think they are NA players, so it would be an off hour siege for someone I guess?

Also we at epoch have changed our ways we shall no longer shove our play style down the throats of our enemies. PvP no more,

FROM THIS DAY ON WE SHALL RULE NIFFLE IN PEACE
  • Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 03:28:08 pm by SmallHands

Reply #40
TSS has some good holdings, they are organised and have the numbers. Instead of sieging smaller or dying clans they went for one of the bigger and still active clans. Why is there a discussion about sieging TSS yes or no?

All clans struggle with activity, game is loosing active players each day.
BimBam Kaboom - Simiran

Reply #41
TSS has some good holdings, they are organised and have the numbers. Instead of sieging smaller or dying clans they went for one of the bigger and still active clans. Why is there a discussion about sieging TSS yes or no?

All clans struggle with activity, game is loosing active players each day.

TSS?

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #42
This is the thing, people bring activity to YOU. What are Lux doing to bring activity to the world?
So restaurants are pointless, only delivery services are worth having?

Got it.

even though it was actuallly a lot of fun.

This is an opinion.

Reply #43
This is the thing, people bring activity to YOU. What are Lux doing to bring activity to the world?
So restaurants are pointless, only delivery services are worth having?

Got it.

even though it was actuallly a lot of fun.

This is an opinion.
Thing is when you go into a restaurant there's people / staff there I guess in this example you would be the staff?

So its like going into a restaurant with no staff :( or the staff log out when you open the door.
  • Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 05:44:40 pm by SmallHands

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #44
Restaurants are closed too, in fact more so than delivery services.
But yes, Lux receiving people would be the staff.
And the people would be various raiding parties getting it on with each other.

If you asked Rats for example, i think they'll tell you that up to like a month ago...we were very active and they constantly had fights with us.
Since then villages got nerfed and we found it to be more efficient to do dungeon dailies instead.

You can still find us in the world, but we've spread out more because it became less effecive to all bunch together.
Id tell you where, but i dont think those around me would appreciate the added attention because of it.

*edit
the cave spider daily is actually one we share with rats, we still fight there from time to time.