Skip to main content

Topic: Game feedback and the reasons you quit/stopped logging in as much (Read 973 times) previous topic - next topic

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Game feedback and the reasons you quit/stopped logging in as much
Reply #15
Yeah guys. Walking back naked for 4+ tiles before finding a bank you were able to stash a mount in is content
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #16
Yeah guys. Walking back naked for 4+ tiles before finding a bank you were able to stash a mount in is content
I agree with your sentiment but in truth to some people this is considered part of the content necessary for the game to maintain it's course and design...

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
It's "rogue-like"....

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #18
All people that say WoS - you are mistaken. You are fighting the symptom and not the cause of the problem. Removing WoS would be a step back. Implementation of local respawning is not perfect, but the reasons it got implemented are solid. It is needed if you want DND to still head towards the same direction that got you interested.

Otherwise you may as well just say that you don't like DND concept. In this case say it straight. Don't remove small chunks of it, as it makes no sense. Game will feel even more broken.

Wrong.
DF1 would have been a success with Macroing gone and the combat changes.
Walk of shame adds nothing to the game, only tedium.

I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #19

Wrong.
DF1 would have been a success with Macroing gone and the combat changes.
Walk of shame adds nothing to the game, only tedium.

with this logic full loot is tedium too...

Reply #20
Local bank good, walk of shame bad. Traveling time a bit too slow. The new spawn loot system has been a big help for players with little alts. Crafting still altfall.

Come back in 3months yall, it'll be more fun then. That said, I still play regularly because it is still fun for me.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
Local bank good, walk of shame bad. Traveling time a bit too slow. The new spawn loot system has been a big help for players with little alts. Crafting still altfall.

Come back in 3months yall, it'll be more fun then. That said, I still play regularly because it is still fun for me.
That's solid advice. I think things should start trending in a more positive direction by that time
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

• XiaN
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #22
I agree with your sentiment but in truth to some people this is considered part of the content necessary for the game to maintain it's course and design...

if the design of the game is making players walk back to their bank naked for sometimes up to an hour the lead designer needs to be fired immediately. the entire design of this game is catering to npc bank starers. anyone who actually plays the game properly and isnt unemployed and willing to waste the vast majority of his gametime on the most boring shit imaginable may aswell just quit.

this game needs fast travel, bindstone recalls and global banking to function for any casual player that dares to leave the npc cities. this is a total nobrainer and has been mentioned a million times but i guess nobrainers are still hard for ppl with no brains.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23

this game needs fast travel, bindstone recalls and global banking to function for any casual player that dares to leave the npc cities. this is a total nobrainer and has been mentioned a million times but i guess nobrainers are still hard for ppl with no brains.
I don't think it needs everything you're mentioning above but the game does need better tools to accommodate local banking. The ball was dropped by not letting us test it in a timely fashion during inDev.

One thing I wish they could've explored is regional banking and an added benefit to being blue. Being able to have your banks connected with watchtower network be it npc banks or from holding to holding that way there's still the local banking aspect but there's no slow walking your entire bank from one holding to the other like a pleb

Reply #24
can't meditate online

Reply #25
I don't think it needs everything you're mentioning above but the game does need better tools to accommodate local banking. The ball was dropped by not letting us test it in a timely fashion during inDev.

One thing I wish they could've explored is regional banking and an added benefit to being blue. Being able to have your banks connected with watchtower network be it npc banks or from holding to holding that way there's still the local banking aspect but there's no slow walking your entire bank from one holding to the other like a pleb
I agree. Holdings banks need to be interconnected(maybe even with NPC bank when you are blue with an holding near). Connection should work with the territory control by watch tower. If your ennemy destroy the watch towers between 2 holdings= no more regional banking in this area...
Could be extend with maritime watch tower( only destroyable with boat to link mainland and island= maritime content^^)
Maybe it's part of the "make holding great again patch". All patches are good and maybe in 3 months game would be playable...Right now it is just not enjoyable if you don't spend a lot of time ingame.

Reply #26

I agree. Holdings banks need to be interconnected(maybe even with NPC bank when you are blue with an holding near). Connection should work with the territory control by watch tower. If your ennemy destroy the watch towers between 2 holdings= no more regional banking in this area...
Could be extend with maritime watch tower( only destroyable with boat to link mainland and island= maritime content^^)
Maybe it's part of the "make holding great again patch". All patches are good and maybe in 3 months game would be playable...Right now it is just not enjoyable if you don't spend a lot of time ingame.

You can tell about your ideas if they have a chance to get implemented or not by a simple rule:
1. If it makes the game more fun and less tedious, it's likely that it won't.
2. However, if it would give players a reason to do a repetitive action over and over about 50% of their playtime, while not even giving them some fluff, you are on the right track and a possible visionary.

So, sorry mate, local banking is local banking, not some half assed solution to filty casual needs. Stick with the programe or get lost.

(Just in case I was confusing, I like your idea and I am sure most people would settle for it, even some of the LB warriors.)
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #27

Yeah, this is about what I was also thinking. Since watchtowers are also ways to "tax" the mob kills by 10% it would make the mats to those areas specifically local to the watchtower bank which would require the owners to bring the brinks truck around every so often. It would also require the watchtower owners to protect those farming the area or they may get a little greedy themselves and battlespike the tower bank open themselves (take -8 alignment for destroying a fellow race's tower bank and -4 for looting).

The watchtower system we're describing would bring even more value to holdings and put strategy in placing towers (use a siege stone skin at least) and territory control. When entering the tile, a message would pop up saying "a clan watchtower is placed in this area and any mob farming/resource gathering will be taxed".

Reply #28
All people that say WoS - you are mistaken. You are fighting the symptom and not the cause of the problem. Removing WoS would be a step back. Implementation of local respawning is not perfect, but the reasons it got implemented are solid. It is needed if you want DND to still head towards the same direction that got you interested.

Otherwise you may as well just say that you don't like DND concept. In this case say it straight. Don't remove small chunks of it, as it makes no sense. Game will feel even more broken.

Reasons are as solid as New Dawn's active playerbase.

As for the 2nd part, yes you are correct, most are here just for the darkfall and hate local banking and wall of shame as it is the inevitable inconvenience that will make them quit someday.

It is literally the change of "there is walk of shame", and "there is local banking". You don't lose anything by removing those 2 parts as there are no supporting mechanics to make it even remotely fun or validate its existance.

You could argue that most dedicated clans would push for all the villages if they could travel faster but that problem can be solved with proper primetime VCP timer distribution.

Markets are mostly empty and there is no monopol of market but just inconvenience to sell and buy. No activity - no economy - no point in localized markets as you can't make reliable profits that happen by demand.

Current DND vision is ungratifying gameplay mechanics that resemble real life slavery to variety of systems, harshly punishing any mistakes.

Last patch made few mob spawns more viable but then it made most people quit due to ARAC(most actives were arac) and meditation grind.

Titles in current format are epic flop. Armor system is the only interesting unique mechanic of DnD and it is quite simple atm.

There is no pitch for the new players and returning ones had enough of this stop-your-fun mechanics.
  • Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 03:44:38 am by freakd

Reply #29

Reasons are as solid as New Dawn's active playerbase.

As for the 2nd part, yes you are correct, most are here just for the darkfall and hate local banking and wall of shame as it is the inevitable inconvenience that will make them quit someday.

It is literally the change of "there is walk of shame", and "there is local banking". You don't lose anything by removing those 2 parts as there are no supporting mechanics to make it even remotely fun or validate its existance.

You could argue that most dedicated clans would push for all the villages if they could travel faster but that problem can be solved with proper primetime VCP timer distribution.

Markets are mostly empty and there is no monopol of market but just inconvenience to sell and buy. No activity - no economy - no point in localized markets as you can't make reliable profits that happen by demand.

Current DND vision is ungratifying gameplay mechanics that resemble real life slavery to variety of systems, harshly punishing any mistakes.

Last patch made few mob spawns more viable but then it made most people quit due to ARAC(most actives were arac) and meditation grind.

Titles in current format are epic flop. Armor system is the only interesting unique mechanic of DnD and it is quite simple atm.

There is no pitch for the new players and returning ones had enough of this stop-your-fun mechanics.
Most depressing post I've read today lol, I think I'm going to stop forumfall over here soon it's just such a blah thing now