Skip to main content

Topic: Game feedback and the reasons you quit/stopped logging in as much (Read 755 times) previous topic - next topic

Game feedback and the reasons you quit/stopped logging in as much
I recently decided to ask some of the people who played the game with us, and have since quit/stopped logging in no where near as much as they used to, the reasons why they quit. I think it's pretty important getting constructive feedback here, even more so, when I think about all the people that have joined our clan, and quit, they are actually ALL the new players to Darkfall. We didn't manage to hold onto a single new to Darkfall player, despite our busy schedule and group ups and participating in everything there is to offer. Everyone active and playing in my clan now, are all old DFO vets.

I figured I'd use a simple 4 question system, although it doesn't go into detail, I wanted to keep it as simple as possible. So if you know someone who has quit/stopped logging in or maybe that person is you, ask them/yourself these questions and I shall update the OP. To compile the feedback in hopes of highlighting key issues.

The questions

1. What was the main reason you quit/stopped logging in as much to Darkfall?

2. Was there anything lacking that you think may have kept you playing longer?

3. What would it take for your return to Darkfall as your primary game?

4. Do you see yourself playing Darkfall again in the near future?

Response 1
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Response 2

Response 3
  • Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 12:58:40 pm by Rigan

Re: Game feedback and the reasons you quit/stopped logging in as much
Reply #1
reserved

Reply #2
To save people time explaining:
1. WOS
2. WOS
3. WOS
4. WOS
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Limited time made me login less. I just have time for some lobby based games where i can play 10min and log off
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #4
Limited time made me login less. I just have time for some lobby based games where i can play 10min and log off
oh so you've quit within 3 months also, what happened to your daily speech of wow the game is so active and amazing!

lol
dodgy bastard

Reply #5
oh so you've quit within 3 months also, what happened to your daily speech of wow the game is so active and amazing!

lol

Yep another forum defender of the vision who ain't even active.

My missus is fit actually I cant beleive she still has sex with me

New Dawn Best UI Winner 2018 - Add me on Snapchat - tinydicksteve69

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Too many people talking from both sides of their mouth instead of calling it like it is. You're not expected to call the game dead since that's pretty relative but don't say it's constantly booming because the game was in a bareable state population wise during the first month when there was bang even on the islands (except Cairn no one cares for it).

Any accounts still logging in are just doing it to either keep meditation going or have been turned into someone's alt account
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #7
Walk of Shame + local banking

That's aint DFO, just a poor attempt.

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8

lol

I cant comment on the activity when i cant play that often. 1 hour ago i logged in at my house and visited talpec. Got PvP in under 5 min.

And i didnt QUIT i just dont have time to play longer sessions. And since your memory is bad, i even said 3 month ago i would play less after the initial grind.
  • Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 08:25:20 pm by Niburu
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #9
Walk of Shame
Time Gated content
Non-rewarding game play aka loot tables

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Was able to cope and understand why the game was launched with unfinished content but this left the game broken in certain aspects.
It was also my understanding that crafting titles would only be used to tap into mastery level items or be able to add more durability and small bonuses to r40 and below gear. Although I belong to a clan that was able to meet all of its members needs this was not the case for many we battled with thus making the game more tedious for them and inevitably stripping us away from our content. The need for alts was constantly emphasized to be unnecessary but in a game that requires so many professions and play styles coupled with full loot, min-maxing was always going to say otherwise. My only hope is a full blown combat titled character will be able to make simply things like cooked fish and bread and maybe even some r40 gear
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #11
Was able to cope and understand why the game was launched with unfinished content but this left the game broken in certain aspects.
It was also my understanding that crafting titles would only be used to tap into mastery level items or be able to add more durability and small bonuses to r40 and below gear. Although I belong to a clan that was able to meet all of its members needs this was not the case for many we battled with thus making the game more tedious for them and inevitably stripping us away from our content. The need for alts was constantly emphasized to be unnecessary but in a game that requires so many professions and play styles coupled with full loot, min-maxing was always going to say otherwise. My only hope is a full blown combat titled character will be able to make simply things like cooked fish and bread and maybe even some r40 gear

say it like it is BK its a SHIT SHOW

• sup
  • [*]
Reply #12
Walk of Shame is #1 for me.

Reply #13
All people that say WoS - you are mistaken. You are fighting the symptom and not the cause of the problem. Removing WoS would be a step back. Implementation of local respawning is not perfect, but the reasons it got implemented are solid. It is needed if you want DND to still head towards the same direction that got you interested.

Otherwise you may as well just say that you don't like DND concept. In this case say it straight. Don't remove small chunks of it, as it makes no sense. Game will feel even more broken.

• sup
  • [*]
Reply #14
Thanks for letting me know my opinion is wrong.  Can you idiots shut the fuck up and argue on some other thread besides the feedback ones?  Thanks.