Skip to main content

Topic: ROA Combat Changes (Read 1474 times) previous topic - next topic

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: ROA Combat Changes
Reply #15
Much bullshit like usual BPG posts. Trying to bite more than they can chew. They dont event realize how would making archery or melee stand on it's own would change the game, neither they could accomplish this within this year.

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #16
We might have a playable darkfall game in 3 years

Reply #17
Removing Buffs and Buff Others

Due to their overuse in the game and the felt requirement to always have them on we are removing all buff other and self buffs from PvP. We plan to have PvE related buffs in some fashion through the Combat Paths as specialty support playstyles. We feel this will refocus the game to combat instead of always worrying to keep buffs on or get them active prior to an engagement. It is also going to increase the value of enchants which will be very beneficial as we are adding in additional enchants as well as balancing the existing ones in the future.

This is something I have been saying over and over for a long time now. That said, I prefer New Dawns approach to buffs, they are decisional based buffs. Although I think they should also remove some buff others such as Haste/Rapid shot/Iron skin.

They are just horribly dominant when it comes to "what buffs should I cast on my melee buddies".

Reply #18
Skimmed through it, looked decent. But then again almost any change would look decent compared to the stale, 10 yo combat meta of original DFO. There was an ungodly amount of crying and raging from the usual suspects, OP included though, so I'm not convinced BPG has the heart to carry through with their intended changes, and if it ever gets delivered, it will probably be a very watered down version of what we just read.
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
I think it's cool but the only problem is they had usually preached about keeping the original spirit of combat where everyone kind of did everything.

It just seems like they're about to enter into a balancing mess for the next couple years like new Dawn did (is).

I would've rather just seen them pubg or 1-3 month Rust the game so we could bang
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #20
Funny thing is that seronys is complaining over and over on their forums that their stage2 will be a piece of shit and destroy the game and then comes here telling us how many years ahead they are with the proposed changes and that those will make it much better than DnD :D

P.S. Devs said that phase1 will take like 2-4 months so, have fun waiting for 1+ years to have all that into the game ;)

Reply #21
I didn't like the hybrid pvp playstyle on roa when everyone got same playstyle. now its worth to check out when the patches will come in
:D  dnd u better hurry with some good patches

Combat changes were always on the table, devs were just waiting till they knocked some other things out of the way.

Don't listen to this deluded echo chamber forum. They'll sit here crying for basic changes that have already been done in RoA because those devs are smart enough to work on QoL/NPE before changing things that are intricate and delicate and will require a lot of work.  They are all so deep in their shit, they probably think I'm against any combat change.
  • Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 07:24:22 am by Seronys

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

Reply #22
Funny thing is that seronys is complaining over and over on their forums that their stage2 will be a piece of shit and destroy the game and then comes here telling us how many years ahead they are with the proposed changes and that those will make it much better than DnD :D

P.S. Devs said that phase1 will take like 2-4 months so, have fun waiting for 1+ years to have all that into the game ;)
Yeah from their posts they will be doing it piece by piece in their weekly patches. Imo that seems a smarter way to do it instead of putting it into one huge patch having to balance everything together.  It also means the combat will get regular changes and updates instead of being broken for months hopefully. I'm cautiously optimistic, like most of their recent design threads they really seem to have solid thoughts.

Edit:
oh and yeah sero can't seem to make up his mind lol.... You ADD sero? Honest question because you seem to jump around a lot...
  • Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 09:08:12 am by BobbyJoe

Reply #23
Damn the rate these boys are going, ROA is gonna end up being the game for me. Fuck the ping I'd rather have fun.

It won't be ready for ages. The guys who make ROA are alot worse than uber when it comes to game development but I guess that they at least have PvP in mind.

My missus is fit actually I cant beleive she still has sex with me

New Dawn Best UI Winner 2018 - Add me on Snapchat - tinydicksteve69

Reply #24
I didn't like the hybrid pvp playstyle on roa when everyone got same playstyle. now its worth to check out when the patches will come in
:D  dnd u better hurry with some good patches

Combat changes were always on the table, devs were just waiting till they knocked some other things out of the way.

Don't listen to this deluded echo chamber forum. They'll sit here crying for basic changes that have already been done in RoA because those devs are smart enough to work on QoL/NPE before changing things that are intricate and delicate and will require a lot of work.  They are all so deep in their shit, they probably think I'm against any combat change.

Yea they was dead smart when they released a fully unprotected client on day 1, opening the game up fully to exploits and cheats. They basically handed out the keys. Amateur isn't even the word.

What else did they do struggle to do o yea even host the game with the software they received for days if I remember and how many of them is there at big picture. Those idiots should enter the special olympics.

My missus is fit actually I cant beleive she still has sex with me

New Dawn Best UI Winner 2018 - Add me on Snapchat - tinydicksteve69

• Devil
  • [*][*]
Reply #25
Tell us how you really feel.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #26
Zing. You got em
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #27
Removing Buffs and Buff Others

Due to their overuse in the game and the felt requirement to always have them on we are removing all buff other and self buffs from PvP. We plan to have PvE related buffs in some fashion through the Combat Paths as specialty support playstyles. We feel this will refocus the game to combat instead of always worrying to keep buffs on or get them active prior to an engagement. It is also going to increase the value of enchants which will be very beneficial as we are adding in additional enchants as well as balancing the existing ones in the future.

This is something I have been saying over and over for a long time now. That said, I prefer New Dawns approach to buffs, they are decisional based buffs. Although I think they should also remove some buff others such as Haste/Rapid shot/Iron skin.

They are just horribly dominant when it comes to "what buffs should I cast on my melee buddies".

Or put them behind Titles
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #28
Goodluck BPG once you go down the rabbit hole of blanace changes. Game will stagnate without any meaningful content for months if not years untill things are remotely balanced again like it happened with ub3r.

Edit: After some more reading essentially they are trying to do the same thing like New Dawn combat wise.
  • Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 01:24:54 am by ironkid

Reply #29
Goodluck BPG once you go down the rabbit hole of blanace changes. Game will stagnate without any meaningful content for months if not years untill things are remotely balanced again like it happened with ub3r.

Edit: After some more reading essentially they are trying to do the same thing like New Dawn combat wise.
There's only so many options for specs/roles and they all sound similar on paper maybe because I read it differently. There are some things similar it looks like in their first stage 1 stuff that are similar to DND however with an identical starting point and limited resources by both groups how could it NOT be similar haha :D. It sounds like you'll be able to switch specs pretty easily like you can now with a small gold cost and they will not be time gated plus they made it pretty clear that there will be a focus on hybrid options and "destroyer" like levels of specs. It really sounds like they are following a similar path to the existing system but just adding more to it and a new design look to organize it maybe? Hard to say exactly as they haven't given a lot of detail but from what they have said and clarified it sounds like it will have different goals/designs than the UW-esque style of forced classes that DND went down.

In any case I'm glad they are finally getting to combat changes, shit's so stale after all these years a shake-up will be good.