Skip to main content

Topic: Subscription plan delayed a bit. (Read 768 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Subscription plan delayed a bit.
Reply #15
Buy 2 play with cash store cosmetics that's trade-able and can drop

early access on steam lets do this!

Reply #16
Ub3rgames can you give OP ability to moderate their own post. This one is a classic example of troll derailing a topic. If you guys played DFO/DFUW then you surely saw this troll do the same for many years.

Reply #17
@lambdaExpression @amejis85

The topic  has not been derailed at all, you stated that iub3r should have a marketing team and make the game free to play.

You know what that would do ?

1. Waste of money and resources
2. Extremely negative reviews.

The game is already free to play, and people are still not logging back in.
  • Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 06:50:32 am by Blackmeat Bonekiller

Reply #18
Ban this chink already. Look at the crap his alt accounts are posting. Fuck Uber for subjecting us to this.
Don't take forums seriously; Astroturfing is real, and has ruined the freedoms of speeches we share online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19

New dawn possibly started with 1000 players, maybe more ? and now there's 100 left. why did them 900 leave ?

lol!!!! You're beyond ridiculous...

Care to explain ?

No one ever comes up with a good argument on here.

Thats because you cant argue made up numbers, try using logic instead of pulling shit out your ass and calling it fact.

I said ''possibly'' and ''maybe more''

Again, no good argument. #

If it makes it any easier, we can say that New dawn had a nice start, with lots of players, now there are very few players.

Does that suit your needs ?

You just described almost every MMO ever....

Within the space of 2 months ?

at least think about what you are saying.

Look I know you are a troll and so do you and I know almost all new games lose most new players the first month and most again the second, which also describes RoA.

Now actually ND was doing quite well the first 2 months, its the last month that pop has really taken the hit and that is not because of their design, but because it was so incomplete in areas it couldnt afford to be. This was pitched as a racial faction game and everyone tried at first to play it that way, but after months of no reinforcement it just degenerate like all DFs have before.

The game needs the alignment and racial systems in place, well it needed them at launch, but what it needs now im not sure myself though I am sure it doesnt need people like you spamming the forums with your bull shit.

The first 2 weeks were decent, it was downhill after that.

Very few people who left feedback for the game mentioned problems with racial warfare  and alignment, the glaring problem was tedium from feedback was tedium.

Travel times, death penalties, not being able to craft, broken economy to name a few.

So what you're saying is, if alignment and racial systems were in place the game would be doing fine now ? It really wouldn't make much of a difference.

You mean what your friends told you when they quit.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #20
Please don't quote this fucktard.
Chunder McBushpig and Chunder Struck

Reply #21
Please don't quote this fucktard.

No idea who he is in game, but he is 100% right.

Reply #22
Sad story is, im not too convinced the original message reaches those who quit the game assuming they get charged any time now.

Perhaps shouting it out somewhere more public and actually specifying how long it stays free/buy to play, would be in order.

You know, people actually want to know that kind of information when they plan their free time.

ps. MOBAs are not tedious and hard. MMOs in general are tedious and hard, it cant fully be avoided while retaining consequence to your actions. Name me a mmo and ill find you handful of very tedious things.

Reply #23
Game is dead and its such a fucking shame.
People wont even play this shit for free.

You know why? Dying, then having spend an hour running back to your bank.

And no, I dont play DF to travel about filling every bank with mounts incase i die. What a fucking joke.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #24

And no, I dont play DF to travel about filling every bank with mounts incase i die. What a fucking joke.

Unfortunately a large majority of people are under the impression that content is the reason people quit. Not the extremely tedious parts of the game.

Reply #25
We have indeed chosen to give extra time to all accounts.
We realize the start has been a bit rough and confusing regarding what the launch was aimed to be.

While those who followed closely the project knew it was supposed to be the minimum for a wipe with the rest coming post launch, those who didn't play InDev expected the whole roadmap to be in. We have also dropped the ball on magic and the watchtowers.
Even if there wasn't really much of a demand for such an action, we wanted to soften the blow and be fair with our customers.

On another note:
The website does lack the ability to tell when your subscription is running out, which doesn't help alleviate the confusion.
We'd like to improve the information given there so people aren't surprised anymore.

It's good time to bring your friends and try out the game. It is still an amazing value when compared to many recent "AAA" games like Sea of Thieves lol.. If they had a marketing team, they could have broaden the player base with early acess, season pass etc. The proposition is very different when there  is no fear of wipe.  IMO when 90% of the players quit this type of game after few months why bother with subscription...go buy2play B2P from day 1.

Let's break this down....

DND Value

Subjective.  Some people really like Sea of Thieves despite the games shortcomings / lack of content... just as some like DND despite the games shortcomings / lack of content.  Actually now that I think about it both games seem to suffer from the same issues in regards to lack of content and tedium... so the only benefit DND has right now is the game is fairly cheap to get into.  That is until they begin taking subscription money.

Marketing Team

What money are they going to pay these people with?  People don't work for free.  Anyone that would do this work just because they like the game is a dumbass.

Advertising

Do you have any idea how much this actually costs?  Ad money is spent when a company believes the ads will bring in more money than the ad itself cost.  With how shitty the games retention rate is (And was even before DND) they are more likely to spend more money on the ads than what the ads bring in. 

Early Access

Bad Steam reviews kill Early Access titles, and you only get one chance at a good first impression.  Launching on Steam now would ruin their chance at success later down the road if they ever turn DND into a decent MMO (That means more than 1 / 10th of the people that try the game stick around longer than 1 - 2 months).

Season Pass

Developing content for a "season pass" would take time and effort they cannot spare.  What the fuck would you offer people? DND isn't CS:GO / DoTA where that type of content is easily injected into the game.

B2P

While this could have worked if they had planned for it from the start... they didn't.  This shift in business model would require a lot of man hours due to the amount of work required to have a functioning yet balanced cash shop that would allow the game to make money after people buy in. 

---------------------------------

While @Blackmeat Bonekiller may not express himself or his thoughts in the best way possible most of the time there is little fault in his logic within this particular topic.  Would DND having a more complete "vision" help?  Sure it would... but at the same time there are enough stupid mechanics in the game that most casual players wouldn't play for long. 

-------------------------

Since we are on "free time" I certainly hope that when they do start the clock on sub time that I still have those 6 - 7 months I paid for.  I'd hate for only those who had a sub time run out to be benefiting from this.  I may not be playing right now because the game is a PoS much like Sea of Thieves... but if they ever save this sinking ship I'd want to return and check things out.

Reply #26

Unfortunately a large majority of people are under the impression that content is the reason people quit. Not the extremely tedious parts of the game.

I hope you realize how amusing your statement is. There have been no surveys with people who quit. What you say isnt necesserely wrong, but its merely a speculation, since you dont actually have any feedback of "majority." Handful of forum threads, random chatbox chats, people you interacted/interact with, still doesent qualify for majority.
Yes it actually is tedious, but dying and needing to manually go where ever one has to go to, for example, is no issue for me, my tedium lies elsewhere.

Everything here is feedback of minority, most of whom never actually bother writing replies or starting threads or coming out their with their grievances.
Especially when one of the more common tidbits people in the game give to the newer players, is that forums are cancer.

Reply #27

I hope you realize how amusing your statement is. There have been no surveys with people who quit. What you say isnt necesserely wrong, but its merely a speculation, since you dont actually have any feedback of "majority." Handful of forum threads, random chatbox chats, people you interacted/interact with, still doesent qualify for majority.
Yes it actually is tedious, but dying and needing to manually go where ever one has to go to, for example, is no issue for me, my tedium lies elsewhere.

Everything here is feedback of minority, most of whom never actually bother writing replies or starting threads or coming out their with their grievances.
Especially when one of the more common tidbits people in the game give to the newer players, is that forums are cancer.

For me, content made me play very little, only when a group activity was going on or i needed to.

Tedium made me quit completely when to do the things i wanted, or the group wanted it took an hour to get there and an hour to get back. etc.

But I have played since DFO came out, really, this is the 3rd/4th time iv grinded a char up...how many times do you tend to play the same single player games over? I know its not the same, but this is just the same shit 9 years later really.
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

Reply #28
Who are these players that keep riding off into the sunset to die an hours walk away from their bank, with zero plans on how to get back? There can be no way of pleasing idiots like that.
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

Reply #29
Who are these players that keep riding off into the sunset to die an hours walk away from their bank, with zero plans on how to get back? There can be no way of pleasing idiots like that.

People who play the game and don't bank stare in a NPC city all day, running for their life if someone hits system. Why should I have to plan a holiday in a fucking game? Some of you have no life's and need to leave the house if you find that shit fun.

How many actives have you got out of nearly 300 clan members? Less than 30?
So around 10% retention. LOL. Fucking pleb.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.