Skip to main content

Topic: Make it possible to "fuel" chosen bindstone and spawn there after death (Read 280 times) previous topic - next topic

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Make it possible to "fuel" chosen bindstone and spawn there after death
Disclaimer - this is not really my own idea, I've read something similar on this forums couple of weeks or months ago.

1. You get a blank rune.
2. You craft a fueled or whatever you wanna call it rune (marked rune graphics). Ingredients needed are blank rune and some gold (gold sink right?).
3. You put the fueled rune (alternative use) in a chosen bindstone. Can chose only chaos bindstones (including chaos cities), friendly npc city or clan/allied holdings. Or the village you own a property in.
4. Can chose only 1 bindstone at a time. If you chose another location the previous rune is destroyed.
5. If you die you've got that bindstone available as a spawn location. If you decide not to chose it it will be still available upon next death.

@Ub3rgames please...

Re: Make it possible to "fuel" chosen bindstone and spawn there after death
Reply #1
Stock up a remote location.

Travel there naked

End of my trip I will bank die on purpose to get a free trip back home. 

This will defeat the whole point of removing instant travel. Too exploitable.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Stock up a remote location.

Travel there naked

End of my trip I will bank die on purpose to get a free trip back home.

This will defeat the whole point of removing instant travel. Too exploitable.

So it will save the guy 30mins of naked mount riding.

So what?
Is he getting anything else than 30mins of playtime, when he can actually provide content for others?
Are the others getting anything else than a chance for a free bluetail? Which most likely won't even happen, the mount will die.

There's going to be a death sickness (in 2020 but still...) so he won't help much in defending the holding if it's raided. He's also gonna spawn naked with 1hp.

So I'll repeat. So what?

Reply #3
This is very similar to my idea except with mine you had to carry the marked rune with you so when you died you could chose the bindstone it was marked at as a respawn burning if you chose it or leaving it on your grave if you didn't, which adds a slightly higher 'risk' factor in the possibility of losing the rune without getting to use it.

So with my system say you die in a dungeon and respawn local only to find your grave has been looted you lose your stone, where your system they can just then suicide and still get the free ride home.
  • Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 08:34:57 pm by Mycke

Reply #4
Damn another one?
They already said multiple times (and even explained why) they are not going to allow fast recalls....it's not that opening 10s of threads (there is another one 2 threads below this...) with different titles and slight modification of the same idea will make them change their mind on it.

This game is designed to not have any form of instant travel, they said it over and over again.
You may not like it i get it, but for someone else this is a good mechanic, instead.
If they keep it like it is (and has always said it would have been) they will displease you but please him, on the contrary, if they changed it it would please you but displease him.
The game will never be perfect for everyone; anyone of us has different tastes and ideas on what is good/fun and what is not, so they will never be able to please us all.
Knowing that, they will go on with following the idea they have in their mind on how they feel the game would be better, and on the road they will displease someone and please other ones; but at least they are following a vision they have for their game.
Will it work? time will tell. But keeping on beating the same dead horse over and over again will not bring it back alive

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
it's not that opening 10s of threads (there is another one 2 threads below this...) with different titles and slight modification of the same idea will make them change their mind on it.

You must be new here :)

Also time is already telling what ppl (at least the pvpers) think about walk of shame. Of course, ppl mainly stop playing because of no new content and other issues, but for the ones that would like to pvp from time to time the walk of shame is a disaster. Instead of logging in for an hour a day or so they decided not to play at all to avoid the frustration. Less ppl on villages (almost only PvP content now) makes more ppl stop logging in. Snowball effect.

Reply #6
What if it has a timer on it? It self destroys after x hours, can't be made if you're at war, or sieged. So that it just avoids the walk of shame but can't be exploited.

Reply #7
There is actually no economical/pvp reason to keep this absolute zero tolerance to fast travel. Hold on dont rush me with how it was intended from the beginning etc.

I mean if the (naked)fast travel would be rare case, however is that rareness implemented, i mean perhaphs like once a week rare. This way, those who somehow seriously fuck something up, have once in a while option. It would have virtually 0 impact on economy or politics.

That being said, im not lobbying pro fast travel, i personally dont really care, just trying to be sensible and logical.

EDIT: same could be applied to race change, name change, title respec etc. Make it high enough cost and everything the game offers remains intact.
  • Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 09:21:09 pm by hecate355

Reply #8
No. This would kill localization.

Reply #9
Also time is already telling what ppl (at least the pvpers) think about walk of shame.
Simply stock up some Chaos Banks around the world with mounts and gear. Why only have one "main bank" and think that you need to travel all the way back to regear / restock?

I know that this old concept from DFO / DFUW and RoA is still burned in the minds of the people and it is hard to let go and adapt to a new concept. But it works, if you give it a chance.

Reply #10
I think it's time that Ub3r comes to terms with the fact their vision sucks, and the game is dead / dying due to it.  They need to start appeasing the masses at some level if they wish to have a game in the next few months.  The only thing keeping the population stable at the moment with the 100 or so actives, is the fact there is no subscription.

Some alleviation to the walk of shame is not a bad thing as long as it's implemented properly and not exploitable.  This suggestion sounds solid. I see no way to exploit this, considering if someone wants to bring their loot back from a farming trip they would still have to travel on foot / mount with it.

Reply #11
Some alleviation to the walk of shame is not a bad thing as long as it's implemented properly and not exploitable.  This suggestion sounds solid. I see no way to exploit this, considering if someone wants to bring their loot back from a farming trip they would still have to travel on foot / mount with it.
I completely agree on this point. Ubers vision is based on much more people playing the game then are playing right now. If pop stays low I see no problems tweaking ubers vision to better reflect that.

Keep the idea of localization, but remove a little bit of the stuff thats mostly just annoying.
===You can't have manslaughter without laughter===

Reply #12
I dont think their vision sucks so much as they didnt launch with enough pieces in place and now are paying the price.

Reply #13
Also time is already telling what ppl (at least the pvpers) think about walk of shame. Of course, ppl mainly stop playing because of no new content and other issues, but for the ones that would like to pvp from time to time the walk of shame is a disaster. Instead of logging in for an hour a day or so they decided not to play at all to avoid the frustration. Less ppl on villages (almost only PvP content now) makes more ppl stop logging in. Snowball effect.
I know that for those that want to only pvp the walk of shame is a disaster....but i also know that ub3r said over and over again that the walk of shame is staying and, for their vision of the game, will stay.
They also stated that they want to alleviate some of its inconvenience somehow and are thinking about how to do that...but they still aren't going to put in any form of teleportation, no matter how limited.
The "ones who likes to pvp" are not playing neither on RoA where there are instant travel everywhere, so if the "ones who likes to pvp" are not playing, it is not due to the Walk of shame.
It is because there are not enough sheep to kill, and they get bored at not being able to find 10 pvp fights in 1 hour and finding people at every spot to kill.
But for the sheep, the walk of shame, being it a deterrent for pvpers, is actually a good thing since it will limit at least a bit how many times they get hunted down; and if we want to hope the game to have a chance to gain population, we need to attract the sheep, not the pvpers (which are much less in numbers and will never be enough to sustain a healthy population).
You have to base the foundation of a game on a solid base, you can't just change them because there is not enough people right now (and then, what? if population rised you would reintroduce it? nope, you couldn't at that point because people would be used to be able to teleport and would quit if you removed it....so you'd need to keep it even if at that point it would be even more detrimental)

Reply #14
i dont think you get the vision

1st this is a traveling simulator, you have to be running on your mount all the time, since everyone agrees they definetely do the same thing (ppl would never just sit in their holding, not move, get bored and quit), this way the world feels active, you can see plenty of ppl and be forced to run from them because youre carrying your bank on you/dont wanna risk walk of shame halfway across the map

2nd people will definetely waste their port to go all across the map to protect from raiders and run back later, they gotta protect their TERRITORY!!
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state