Skip to main content

Topic: When will you put jewelry crafitng bakc into the game (Read 595 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: When will you put jewelry crafitng bakc into the game
Reply #15
sorry but if people raid me i dont want to die, that would make me quit the game, first thing i build when i get a new holding is towers and then if ennemies raid i just run circles around it doing my dance and praying to the tower gods for them to do everything for me
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

Reply #16
sorry but if people raid me i dont want to die, that would make me quit the game, first thing i build when i get a new holding is towers and then if ennemies raid i just run circles around it doing my dance and praying to the tower gods for them to do everything for me

me too lol but i wont be mad if a pimp came with 4 pieces set of arcane jewelry to get my ass lol That is when i call my 5 friends to come out of the keep to come gangbang for some free arcane jewelry :D
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Dragon Empire SG
Help defend the Humanlands! Join us!
Are you the Dragon Hero of Legends?

Reply #17

me too lol but i wont be mad if a pimp came with 4 pieces set of arcane jewelry to get my ass lol That is when i call my 5 friends to come out of the keep to come gangbang for some free arcane jewelry :D
well i do the same obviously, i dont gear up unless i have atleast 6 in the city, and if i see more than 3 hit system i just degear and hide in buildings

i wonder why everyone calls me a pussy and never raids me anymore, they must be trolls
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

Reply #18
Arcane gear [...] cost alot of time and materials to craft and it can be lost when you die.
If it costs a lot of time and materials to craft, it favors those (clans) with an abundance of gold and resources.

And you can't really compare it to high quality gear. High quality gear increases your protections and survivability.
While Arcane protection gear completely removes a whole damage type from the game: Arcane damage. And thus also renders a whole school useless: Raw Magic. It is not only about Guard towers.

Reply #19
Arcane gear [...] cost alot of time and materials to craft and it can be lost when you die.
If it costs a lot of time and materials to craft, it favors those (clans) with an abundance of gold and resources.

And you can't really compare it to high quality gear. High quality gear increases your protections and survivability.
While Arcane protection gear completely removes a whole damage type from the game: Arcane damage. And thus also renders a whole school useless: Raw Magic. It is not only about Guard towers.

it does not completely removes there always a minimum dmg from all forms of damage types.
Ingame names
Dragon Empire SG

• sup
  • [*]
Reply #20
Change tower damage to a new category or make it impact damage.  Change jewelry to do new category / impact defense and make all levels of jewelry have at least some protections.  Now rings won't gimp a school of magic, all levels of jewelry has some value, and people can raid holding again.  If you think the tower damage is too weak vs. ring protection in original DFO (probably true) then just turn it up a little bit or decrease jewelry protections.

Reply #21
Change tower damage to a new category or make it impact damage.  Change jewelry to do new category / impact defense and make all levels of jewelry have at least some protections.  Now rings won't gimp a school of magic, all levels of jewelry has some value, and people can raid holding again.  If you think the tower damage is too weak vs. ring protection in original DFO (probably true) then just turn it up a little bit or decrease jewelry protections.

or they can learn to fight better, but thats just my opinion.
Ingame names
Dragon Empire SG

Reply #22
Yeah sure, let's make a whole school + title useless by making it do little/no dmg if you put on a pair of rings + let's also make useless again those 300+ modules towers because "hey i want to be able to raid everywhere at everytime, raiders should always have the advantage, it is a pvp game", right?
Who care if those that have the town have spent weeks in order to get some protection at least when inside their holding, i can craft a pair of rings and have all that work be totally useless again.

You already have 90% of the world to kill people without problems, leave that 10% of the world at least a bit more secure if you want to hope to get some population back in the game.
You know, there are also a ton of people that like to play a pvp game and still have some form of protection here and there.
You can't cather a game ONLY to that part of the population that just want to pvp all day long if you want the game to succeed; wolves need sheeps to sustain on, sheeps need at least some space where they can feel safer or they will stop playing, and the wolves will have no sheep to eat at all (just like it happened in old df).

P.s: why not introducing then archery protection rings / slashing-blunt-piercing protection rings so that we can make also melee/archery useless? i wonder how those playing melee/ranged would love it when they hit someone in a robe for 5ish dmg...bu hey, "it does not completely removes there always a minimum dmg from all forms of damage types.", so why not?
  • Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 11:15:16 am by dariobrun

Reply #23
I agree the zap towers suck without that jewelry.. It owns in sieges. It feels like it does fine in a 1 person harassing your city situation.. but in a siege situation it feels like the damage should be lowered and spread against all enemies.. making it if there is 10 enemies in sight then the damage be split into 10... they are just to strong during a siege in some holdings. The placement of the tower a lot of time being the issue.. making it almost impossible to attack the city to take control. I agree the jewelry needs a revamp and be put back into play.. those towers just hurt to bad.
www.youtube.com/Deathsong   <Please give me a sub!! Much love to all <3