Skip to main content

Topic: When will you put jewelry crafitng bakc into the game (Read 724 times) previous topic - next topic

When will you put jewelry crafitng bakc into the game
Why did you disable it in the first place i need my arcane protecitons jewls come on developers.
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Dragon Empire SG
Help defend the Humanlands! Join us!
Are you the Dragon Hero of Legends?

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: When will you put jewelry crafitng bakc into the game
Reply #1
I hope never. I prefer only 2 enchanting slots instead of 5.

Reply #2
why enchanting is the best thing of darkfall
Ingame names
Dragon Empire SG

Reply #3
i doubt (and hope) they will ever come back, or they would have to redesign/eliminate completely the raw magic school and related title.
Even now they already have subpar dmg because there is no protection against it....put back the old 10 arcane protections from rings and you have a totally useless school (if, on the contrary you increase the damage of its spells to compensate, you have an overpowered school that will do more damage than every other one unless you specifically have the rings against it)

Reply #4
I also agree that it should stay away. Or be completely revamped to rather increase Stats / Skills / Spells.

Arcane Jewelry made any Guard towers in holdings completely useless.

Reply #5
I also agree that it should stay away. Or be completely revamped to rather increase Stats / Skills / Spells.

Arcane Jewelry made any Guard towers in holdings completely useless.
i doubt (and hope) they will ever come back, or they would have to redesign/eliminate completely the raw magic school and related title.
Even now they already have subpar dmg because there is no protection against it....put back the old 10 arcane protections from rings and you have a totally useless school (if, on the contrary you increase the damage of its spells to compensate, you have an overpowered school that will do more damage than every other one unless you specifically have the rings against it)

Both of you are almost saying melee protecitons and magic protections from dragon armor makes its useless to damage someone wearing high end gear? everything in this game costs materials to craft and its full loot full drop. Jewelry crafting needs to be ingame and also arcane protections gear needs to be part of the game too.
Ingame names
Dragon Empire SG

• sup
  • [*]
Reply #6
They want to be 100% safe in holdings and never have a pvp encounter in a pvp game.  Pretty much what I gather from reading these guys posts across multiple threads. 

Reply #7
They want to be 100% safe in holdings and never have a pvp encounter in a pvp game.  Pretty much what I gather from reading these guys posts across multiple threads. 
If the world was black and white, you'd be maybe right. But unfortunately for you, the world is full of colors and nuances. So it is not as simple as you'd like to have it to be. Our Clan's holdings have no towers built and gates open all the time. Maybe try and be more creative next time when trying to predict someone's mind.

Wearing Arcane Protection makes you be 100% safe from Clan Guard Towers. So it is simply the other side of the blade. It is just completely absurd if you can fight in the middle of a holding, being zapped by 3 Guard Towers and don't even give a damn.

It is a difference if you have increased protection or being almost completely immune.

Reply #8
Arcane protection is absolutely a necessity if they want drama / conflict.  I can't solo raid hamlets or cities AT ALL. I killed a guy afk harvesting a grove today and spent more time trying to stat up than I did killing him.  It's insanity.  They say they aren't implementing things because there isn't enough drama stirred up but hello, we can't even do clan warfare because people are 100% safe inside their cities at the moment.

Reply #9
Im glad they removed jewelry. Having only 2 enchants on your armor makes the choices you make there more meaningful. Same for the guard towers, having no arcane protection makes building them more meaningful. Problem imo is that other things that make all this work have not yet been implemented. The moment that for example all the nodes are placed outside of the cities these decisions will start to make (much) more sense.

Or so I hope anyway.
===You can't have manslaughter without laughter===

Reply #10
Both of you are almost saying melee protecitons and magic protections from dragon armor makes its useless to damage someone wearing high end gear? everything in this game costs materials to craft and its full loot full drop. Jewelry crafting needs to be ingame and also arcane protections gear needs to be part of the game too.
Nope, i am saying that arcane dmg is based on the fact that there is no arcane protections and, if you put in arcane protections you'd make them MANDATORY to have every single time because otherwise the raw magic school would become really overpowered (because if they put them back, raw dmg base dmg would have to go way up and reach the same dmg of elemental schools or it would be totally useless).

Eldritch sphere does 20ish dmg because it will do that dmg on everyone no matter what protections you have, resulting in a worst dps on light armorer target and better dps on heavy armorerd compared to elemental bolts which do around 35-40ish dmg.

Put in arcane rings and your raw magic school will now be totally useless doing 10 dmg per hit....make it do base 30ish dmg? then it will become better than anything else on anyone not using magic rings because it will do you the same 30 dmg even in full plate

Reply #11
Arcane protection isnt needed, it would be cool if they added other bonuses.

Reply #12
Arcane protection is absolutely a necessity if they want drama / conflict.  I can't solo raid hamlets or cities AT ALL. I killed a guy afk harvesting a grove today and spent more time trying to stat up than I did killing him.  It's insanity.  They say they aren't implementing things because there isn't enough drama stirred up but hello, we can't even do clan warfare because people are 100% safe inside their cities at the moment.
Clan holdings guard towers shoot only when in "Line of Sight". If we was AFK, you could have simply begoned / knockbacked him to break LoS with the guard tower.

Reply #13

same here i love raiding holdings alone and would fight anyone clan 2 of them vs me alone but unfortunately even 1 on 1 and a zap towers at a holding ill lose every fight more likely than not.
Ingame names
Dragon Empire SG

Reply #14
Nope, i am saying that arcane dmg is based on the fact that there is no arcane protections and, if you put in arcane protections you'd make them MANDATORY to have every single time because otherwise the raw magic school would become really overpowered (because if they put them back, raw dmg base dmg would have to go way up and reach the same dmg of elemental schools or it would be totally useless).

Eldritch sphere does 20ish dmg because it will do that dmg on everyone no matter what protections you have, resulting in a worst dps on light armorer target and better dps on heavy armorerd compared to elemental bolts which do around 35-40ish dmg.

Put in arcane rings and your raw magic school will now be totally useless doing 10 dmg per hit....make it do base 30ish dmg? then it will become better than anything else on anyone not using magic rings because it will do you the same 30 dmg even in full plate

i am sorry but its almost like someone dying and complaining the r80 weapon the enemy was using is too strong for the game. Arcane gear and r80 gears cost alot of time and materials to craft and it can be lost when you die.
I find it already silly as there are already laser zapping towers in a sword and socrecy darkfall game world, having arcane gear for protections is freedom of choice for a true sandbox game and it definitely belongs. Zap Towers must have a form of counter balance in true pvp games.
Ingame names
Dragon Empire SG