Skip to main content

Poll

Last version of DF you played

• RoA
  • DFUW
  • DFO
  • Never played DF before

Topic: Last version of DF you played (Read 630 times) previous topic - next topic

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Last version of DF you played
Reply #15
I said DFUW, but i played since dfo launch... I don't really understand this poll
A poll to see which version skipped.

Played them all except New Dawn.
Get on it then bro. Magnetic jumped on and bitch slapped a bunch of heads with us for a day on a character with 7 archery and 50 GS
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #16
I said DFUW, but i played since dfo launch... I don't really understand this poll

Get on it then bro. Magnetic jumped on and bitch slapped a bunch of heads with us for a day on a character with 7 archery and 50 GS

Nothing in this version attracts me to it.

Reply #17
Only played DFO prior to DnD. All the versions in between had zero appeal as they embraced what the original game degraded into and led me to leaving in first place.

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #18
I always end up going on a Starcraft 2 binge until I hit top 8 masters and then I'm back in a "showhole"

At least you have fun playing some other game I'm bored out of my mind waiting for something to play that both offers the kind of gameplay i want AND has a decent population. I absolutely REFUSE to put time into any game that feels dead population wise or has an uncertain future after Unholy Wars and all the other games I have been burned on

Apparently the makers of EvE have an FPS PC exclusive game based in the same universe called project legion that is coming out by the end of 2018 so maybe I'll hop on and have fun try harding that, but it's kind of a longshot.

There really aren't any options besides New Dawn and maybe RoA for the next 2 years at least

After that there's the Amazon MMORPG that's in super secret development (but the rumours are promising) and Star Citizen But by the time either of those launch or reach beta I'll be fuckin old

Companies just don't make mmorpgs for people like us anymore its been dead as fuck for years.

I wish i was still a normie that had never played DF1 so i could still enjoy the steaming piles of mainstream shit games that are so popular.

If you wanna wait till 2030 check out https://www.sensiga.com/ from Claus Grovdal I believe ;) lol

Holy lol

three pioneering large scale MMOs, and worked at legendary games companies such as Aventurine....
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #19

You didn't miss anything.

• XiaN
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
Played DF1 and UW heavily until about the final 6 months of each then quit because they were too dead

Bought a couple Legend packs to support RoA and goofed around on it a little, but was honestly bored of the combat meta the low population and didn't like the direction away from mmorpgs it was taking by removing progression and increasing access to high level gear and enchants

Haven't really been playing anything since mid 2015 kind of just been doing IRL, poker, and trolling forums desperately trying to find any new mmo that offered what i want... there never were any until New Dawn, although even they really have failed on multiple fronts

The worst part is the mistakes Ub3rgames made were so obvious like putting the server  in Paris smh

putting the server in paris was actually the only correct decision they made... well almost correct, 100% correct would have been frankfurt. 99% correct would have been london or amsterdam. paris is like meh but atleast its on a 1st world continent.

Reply #21
Last version I REALLY played was DFO.

By played, I mean gave a shit about. Starting at release in the savage alliance a new recruit in BKB a clan of 3/400 (lol when an old clans the size of the entire servers current population). Played hard, moved up through the ranks to one of the leaders before the clan disbanded after the SA was destroyed by COTC. Ended up going through a few small PVP clans such as Paradigm then into Afghan's before moving to "2 weeks" prior to the EU/NA split. Organised a huge nutcup against SUN before they selfsieged 3/4 of their targeted holdings and our stone carrier crashed out after securing the other.

Went over to NA for a bit, then came back into z5 and was there until the end. That was some good times.

Unholy wars I played a bit, but i found the whole thing a bit boring since it was bunnyhopping on steroids with all the dodges and dashses. I think i had other things I was enjoying more at the time. Dayz, arma life, 7days to die, ROK etc i dont remember exactly but I have other groups I play with who never played DF.

ROA - never played, never had any interest in.

DND played about a month maybe 2 until i realised it was going nowhere. I think the penny dropped half way through a power hour just whacking on mobs and thinking "why am i doing this again....its not even fun" after getting about 1 point in some skill and realising i needed to do this for another couple months or play way more than an hour or two a day if i wanted to have a decent char vs others.

I just thought to myself, man you're not a student anymore, you have a job, social life etc. You really want to spend the 2/3 hours a day you have free to play games riding 30 mins to a mob spawn, hitting the same mob with the same spell/skill for an hour then riding back? Nah....fuck that.
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

• XiaN
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #22
Last version I REALLY played was DFO.

By played, I mean gave a shit about. Starting at release in the savage alliance a new recruit in BKB a clan of 3/400 (lol when an old clans the size of the entire servers current population). Played hard, moved up through the ranks to one of the leaders before the clan disbanded after the SA was destroyed by COTC. Ended up going through a few small PVP clans such as Paradigm then into Afghan's before moving to "2 weeks" prior to the EU/NA split. Organised a huge nutcup against SUN before they selfsieged 3/4 of their targeted holdings and our stone carrier crashed out after securing the other.

Went over to NA for a bit, then came back into z5 and was there until the end. That was some good times.

Unholy wars I played a bit, but i found the whole thing a bit boring since it was bunnyhopping on steroids with all the dodges and dashses. I think i had other things I was enjoying more at the time. Dayz, arma life, 7days to die, ROK etc i dont remember exactly but I have other groups I play with who never played DF.

ROA - never played, never had any interest in.

DND played about a month maybe 2 until i realised it was going nowhere. I think the penny dropped half way through a power hour just whacking on mobs and thinking "why am i doing this again....its not even fun" after getting about 1 point in some skill and realising i needed to do this for another couple months or play way more than an hour or two a day if i wanted to have a decent char vs others.

I just thought to myself, man you're not a student anymore, you have a job, social life etc. You really want to spend the 2/3 hours a day you have free to play games riding 30 mins to a mob spawn, hitting the same mob with the same spell/skill for an hour then riding back? Nah....fuck that.

and this boys is why no fast travel and local banking are retarded as fuck and will never work. anyone with a single remotely functioning braincell knew this from the start and could have told ub3r.... owait..... we did. nvm..

this game is way too tedious for ppl with other oblegations in their life aka everyone that isnt a 15yo schoolkid aka ppl that actually have money to support the game if there was a point in doing so. which there isnt.

Reply #23
Anyone with a single brain cell knows that RoA has instant travel and global banking oh wait 
Reality Check - Rise of Agon : Community designed, Tedium free, Elite approved  but struggled to field 25 players for first grand anniversary event...now asking for donations.  Global banking,  Instant travel is not helping lol

• XiaN
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
Anyone with a single brain cell knows that RoA has instant travel and global banking oh wait

1) roa also has no diversity (yet)
2)roa also has a god awful 3rd world server location. you dont EVER put an MMO server in a country that is still living in the 90´s when it comes to internet infrastructure. especially when you have backbones like de-cix or ams-ix that each have more throughput than all of USA backbones combined.
3) roa also had(still has?) a massive memory leak that made the game unplayable for a huge portion of the playerbase that remained unfixed for months cos they had like 1 part time dev at the time and thought it would be more important to change village mechanics instead of fixing what actually stops ppl from playing the game.

1 will be fixed soon. 2) will most likely never change cos yanks are stupid and selfish and 3) is hopefully fixed by now. nevertheless once 1) is implemented DND has absolutely nothing over roa anymore and will inevitably just die.

Reply #25
The reason I created this poll was to find out the interest of the player base.

Around 40% played DFUW before playing DND
Around 40% played RoA before moving to DND
Remaining 20% either new or came from DFO.

40% of the player found DND direction appealing and decided to play DND.  They didn't try ROA despite it having a 8 month head start.
40% played RoA but decided to move to DND. 

Based on the data we can conclude that the vocal posters in the forums doesn't really represent the player base of DND.  We are playing DND here by choice.  We made an inform decision. 
Reality Check - Rise of Agon : Community designed, Tedium free, Elite approved  but struggled to field 25 players for first grand anniversary event...now asking for donations.  Global banking,  Instant travel is not helping lol