Skip to main content

Poll

Should Ub3r add in a "first available" option in the UI?

• Yes, please implement this option.
    74 (73.3%)
  • No, please do not implement this option.
    10 (9.9%)
  • Don't care.
    17 (16.8%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Topic: Need to bring this up again "FIRST AVAILABLE" (Read 2880 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Need to bring this up again "FIRST AVAILABLE"
Reply #30
If my R50 weapon is missing in backpack but I have a R40 will it pick it up automatically and fire the spell?

Reply #31
Could the people voting no please explain how ub3r implementing this would be a negative thing?

Because keyboards have 84 to 101 keys?

This isn't an Xbox- console game?

Because you can increase the pause time between pressed keys on combo-hotkeys if you insist on putting all the mounts (or whatever) on one key and button smash already in the UI settings.

You failed to list the real reason for wanting 'first available' ~ because you want all the power of Mage with none of the required skill needed by being able to smash a single button and have the client do all the work for you....

Old DF combat was fucking aids, thankfully Ub3games removed this.

You really are a fucking idiot and dogshit player aren't you?

The guy who neither plays the game and is constantly asking for "We also need the ability to bind it so right click both equips sword and shield AND starts to parry if you hold it down" because hitting block after taking out your S&B since we have active blocking here is like,.... super hard-n-shit probably should just keep his mouth shut.

Your ignorance is so typical. I don't even play mage... and do you really think any good mage would drag all his spells onto one hotkey and chain cast them like some sort of fucking WoW rotation? Are you actually serious? If I genuinely have to explain to you why that's completely and utterly stupid you have some fundamental Darkfall combat knowledge issues there bud. Unfortunately you are not a lone in your little notions, there's plenty of ignorant people like you on these forums =/

Must have been my imagination that every mage used this in DF1, you set timers in every AHK spell cycle, every mage uses it in RoA and every mage here would use it if you could.......
  • Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 09:25:12 pm by Ivar_theBoneless

• sup
  • [*]
Reply #32
Could the people voting no please explain how ub3r implementing this would be a negative thing?

Because you can increase the pause time between pressed keys on combo-hotkeys if you insist on putting all the mounts (or whatever) on one key and button smash already in the UI settings.

You failed to list the real reason for wanting 'first available' ~ because you want all the power of Mage with none of the required skill needed by being able to smash a single button and have the client do all the work for you....

The guy who neither plays the game and is constantly asking for "We also need the ability to bind it so right click both equips sword and shield AND starts to parry if you hold it down" because hitting block after taking out your S&B since we have active blocking here is like,.... super hard-n-shit probably should just keep his mouth shut.

I'm assuming that is lord battle smurf from DFO and judging by your response you are total dogshit so you will probably get stomped out with his monitor off to be honest.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #33

It's.not about sth being hard or not, it's about comfort.
Is changing gear manually in a car hard? Of course it's not. But automatic gear feels just so much better in most cases.

Reply #34
NumpadRight::
send .
send ;
send ¸
return
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

Reply #35
Players posting against this addition are in actuality posting in favor of battling the UI over battling other players.

In 2018.

Some of you will never learn.

Reply #36
If you're against this change it's just because ROA did it first. Which is fucking pathetic.

Reply #37

Your ignorance is so typical. I don't even play mage... and do you really think any good mage would drag all his spells onto one hotkey and chain cast them like some sort of fucking WoW rotation? Are you actually serious? If I genuinely have to explain to you why that's completely and utterly stupid you have some fundamental Darkfall combat knowledge issues there bud. Unfortunately you are not a lone in your little notions, there's plenty of ignorant people like you on these forums =/

Must have been my imagination that every mage used this in DF1, you set timers in every AHK spell cycle, every mage uses it in RoA and every mage here would use it if you could.......

so youre telling me that on roa everyone has 1 button that just cycles magma fireball inferno fireball lightning strike pungent?
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

• sup
  • [*]
Reply #38

- 99.9% of people do not use scripts in RoA.  A few people use backup sword and board because some people have an issue where the built in one sometimes does not hold the parry correctly.  This is a bug that has been reported.

- 99.9% of good players in DF1 used scripts because you need to if you want to be a top tier player.

- If this game has a big competitive scene all top players here will also use scripts unless they address common binding use cases.  If you want to be the best at something you have to use every advantage possible.

I can't believe this needs to be spelled out to you.  You are a god damn idiot and should shut the hell up.

Reply #39
some features from other games makes sense.
inDev_ Dusk (12 months) - Subscriber
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!

Reply #40
If my R50 weapon is missing in backpack but I have a R40 will it pick it up automatically and fire the spell?
Before I vote can someone explain if the above condition is covered?

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #41
Before I vote can someone explain if the above condition is covered?

It does work that way in RoA.

Reply #42
Do people really want to get rid of cooldown management for spells?

Reply #43
if being able to play the game, like at the level of being able to make the game send commands, being able to use the UI at all, is considered skillful then you must all be beyond dogshit

if someones intention is "i would like to cast of the almost identical spells in my arsenal and i dont care which" then the game should obviously let them, keeping on top of that in your head is irrelevant between good players because all of them can do it anyway and fighting the ui detracts from the rest of the game at lower levels

Reply #44
Cooldown management lol.

If I want 1 button for all big bolt type spells (r90's) why shouldn't that be available?  Why the hell should I need 5 different keybinds to do what 1 keybind can do situationally?  If I want to hit the number 1 and have it cast my highest skill r90 like Inferno first if its availble, then my next strongest r90 2nd if it's available, then magma storm or meatier strike if it's available, why the hell would any player be against this?  Keybind 2 can be eyerot, confusion, begone, stormblast etc.  all escape/blind spells on one button with a preferred rotation.  Now that mage who's scrambling to survive the melee on him only needs to remember 1 escape key, not 4 escape keys.  Meanwhile that melee on his ass only needs to hold left click and track a target, so not having this feature is yet another nerf to mages on this server. (The nerf being that mages require vastly more keybinds than melee/archers, so why not give them a better system to manage the additional binds)

To top all this off, adding this feature removes or detracts from no other features.  It's literally just 1 additional check box that says "First available" next to cycle and combo.  It's purely a quality of life improvement with no collateral damage.